• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Vector Graphics in GMS2

tagwolf

I'm working on a project and due to the game style, my assets will be in SVG format.

I see that gamemaker is working on this. I could convert to swf for now. But my questions are as follows:

* Can anyone give me their opinion on how GMS2 handles vector art. Am I going beyond the capabilities of GMS2?

* Does GMS2 actually draw the vector art using coordinates, etc. Or does importing just convert them into bitmap?

* Does it capably handle all aspects of SVG language. Gradients, stroke, etc?

* How does this work in the image editor regarding width/height and placement in a room, etc.

* Does the engine handle this well performance wise?

I can't find much documentation in the manual on this topic other than some caveats and that it "should work". I also see in the GMS2 roadmap that SVG importing is coming soon?

I appreciate any suggestions!

T

Tarco

Don't know about GMS2 but vector graphics worked in GM Studio (1) - but wasn't a highly prioritised feature and definitely took a back seat to raster graphics, I always just ended up converting my vector graphics to sprites, worked easier that way.