• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Opinion How do you like your tea / coffee?

Tulloch

I think both offer value to a good programming session.
Tea: black tea leaves with honey-- relaxing
Coffee: black coffee with sugar-- energetic

0.Bytes

Coffee is not good, you have to put tons of sugar to make it drinkable

Carnivius

I don't like tea or coffee. I pretty much just drink chilled water these days. Nothing hot cos I'm always too damn warm anyways (even in winter).
And no alcohol either cos I'm always doing stupid stuff anyways.

Tulloch

Coffee is not good, you have to put tons of sugar to make it drinkable
I don't mind coffee without sugar.
If you NEED sugar, at least it requires less than soda/pop/soda pop/soft drink

I don't like tea or coffee. I pretty much just drink chilled water these days. Nothing hot cos I'm always too damn warm anyways (even in winter).
And no alcohol either cos I'm always doing stupid stuff anyways.
I should probably drink more water, but I do like to feel a little artificial energy.
Alcohol is a bad idea for me, especially when I program. It's not because I make bad decisions programmatically-- I just get really sleepy.

G

Guest User

ah, i can't drink coffee, soda, or alcohol anymore, so none of that. :( none of it seems really affects my programming, tbh.

i make green tea with a teaspoon of sugar, a little less than 1/4th the volume of lactose-free milk, and a dab of honey. so it's not really tea anymore at that point, lol.
i'll drink it plain sometimes, i just don't like bitterness very much.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just straight coffee and tea are fine for me! I don't really drink coffee, though. And I don't drink either as a morning habit. Don't want to get my body used to needing caffeine in the morning to wake up, lol.

Last edited:
B

Blazing

I don't really drink coffee due to a caffeine intolerance, but swiss process lattes are pretty awesome. (Swiss process is ultimate decaf: as much caffiene as green tea)

Hot tea I like without additives. Although rooibos is pretty yummy with vanilla almondmilk.

Iced tea is where I go crazy. I do Chick-fil-a style sweet tea, Thai sweet tea, and green with honey and peach preserves.

But when programming I usually just have water or koolaid.

TehPilot

A small amount of milk with coffee, nothing added to my tea. Black tea is good, black coffee is too bitter for my tastes.

Tulloch

Perhaps coffee doesn't help me, it just brings me to my normal state and I'm in constant withdraw without it.

Keurig. "Taste the rainbrew."

This thread is sponsored by Keurig. Please only say nice things about Keurig. Please always spell it correctly. Please buy it. Please

T

Thexel PIN

I drink tea in my breaks, never when programming (When programming I just drink water). I usually pour half the cup with water, let it rest with the bag for a while, and then fill the other half with milk (yeah, I know...).

T

TBK_Jo$hu@

I like my tea to have a hint of flavor in it for the sweet after taste :)

Tulloch

I like my coffee black with two coffees
Boolean Espresso

Hazelnut coffee, stevia (1 scoop), Ovaltine (2 scoop), dash of milk.
Nice-- My Dad used to put a tea bag on top of the coffee grounds before he brewed.
I tried doing hot chocolate and coffee. It was OK, but the coffee made the chocolate taste bitter (or the other way around).

Herbal tea, no sugar (+1 health)
Level up, my friend.

I don't really drink coffee due to a caffeine intolerance, but swiss process lattes are pretty awesome. (Swiss process is ultimate decaf: as much caffiene as green tea)
Hot tea I like without additives. Although rooibos is pretty yummy with vanilla almondmilk.
Iced tea is where I go crazy. I do Chick-fil-a style sweet tea, Thai sweet tea, and green with honey and peach preserves.
But when programming I usually just have water or koolaid.
Mmm.. I love sweet tea. I used to make pitchers all the time, but it started giving me heartburn.

I like my tea to have a hint of flavor in it for the sweet after taste :)
Indeed, it primes the palette for the next sip.

dannerz

I like the steeped tea at Tim Hortons, with sugar and cream. When at home, i have sugar and cream with green tea.

woodsmoke

When there is cake I do sometimes drink coffee.
With a lot of milk and no sugar.
I find chocolate milk superior to coffee though.

Changgi

If you enjoy sweet things, Hong Kong style lemon tea (e.g. Vita or 陽光 brand) and Taiwanese milk tea (e.g. bubble milk tea) are great. The former is made often with red tea and the latter often black tea.

N

nnynas

Usually filtered dark roast coffee with milk, or cream if available

F

Falconsoft-Industries

Coffee: latte, extra throthy, two sugars(making it both sweet and strong)
The occasional apple cider, or Fanta orange, or Pepsi

K

Kuro

Coffee: Two sugars and milk.
But I prefer cold drinks, so a lot of the time I just drink cola to get my caffeine fix :)

S

Storyteller

I drink "constant comment" tea from bigelow, with raw sugar/zulka, cold as ice, basically all day.
'black as night, sweet as honey, cold as winter'

I prefer coffee black with lemon or lime juice.
Add a nice B-vitamin and you get brain alchemy.
I use this mixture often during finals week or brainstorming sessions.

chance

predictably random
Forum Staff
Seems like this topic is mostly about sugar and cream.

Those things make you soft. Literally.

Ehsan

Pirates vs Clones
No sugar no cream in my coffee, though instead of cream I pour milk. Coffee in the morning, one cup, tea in the evening (= better sleep so far). Did green tea before but that really ruined my sleep, now drinking earl grey since. No L-theanine in there (= also better sleep).

T

Timo.Ross

I like both with some sugar added
Coffee in the morning and tea at night

If I have time, I'll use our little espresso machine to make a "Flat White" as we call it in New Zealand. Double Shot of espresso, 1 brown sugar cube, and steamed milk with a thin layer of foam on top.

Otherwise it's instant coffee -
- 2 brown sugar cubes
- 2 and a half heaped teaspoons of coffee
- 0.6666667% hot water (approx)
- 0.3333333% chilled milk. (approx)

G

Gardevoir

just normal green tea
and for coffee, the usual raw, bitter black

K

Kat Serapha

For coffee, more sugar than is practical + milk.
For tea, depends what kind of tea. Herbal is fine on its own but I like sugar and milk with my orange pekoe.

D

DBClutis

I used to exclusively program while drinking coffee:p. I've gotten on a routine of programming at night now, so I kinda had to stop... I used to take it black though. As for tea, I don't drink it often, but when I do - blue agave or honey!

Cat

For me, much depends upon the tea. For a lighter, clearer taste (Green or White), I don't add anything. For Black tea, I usually add honey (occasionally sugar), and sometimes cream as well. In my opinion, milk is too thin and tends to water the tea down too much without really contributing anything of its own.

I almost never voluntarily drink coffee.

R

Rukiri

SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
juggle2_1024.jpg

D

dannyjenn

Arnold Palmer is my cup of tea.
As for coffee, I prefer %110000001111111111101110.

M

MrGreed

I don't drink coffee. Well, I tried it a few times in the past, but I didn't like it.

Green teas, lemon teas, and Arnold Palmer is alright with me.

G

gibberingmouther

i prefer caffeine pills with coke or gatorade or other mostly decaf beverages. don't like the taste of coffee. i used to drink black tea with milk and sugar in it.

T

tris2n

I rarely drink tea or coffee but I like them both with a little milk and one small teaspoon of sugar. tbh I prefer (original) coke, to satisfy my sweet tooth, or water.

T

tris2n

If you enjoy sweet things, Hong Kong style lemon tea (e.g. Vita or 陽光 brand) and Taiwanese milk tea (e.g. bubble milk tea) are great. The former is made often with red tea and the latter often black tea.
Thanks for the tip Changgi, I will try to make some Honk Kong style lemon tea to see if it helps me give up coke.

L

Law

I like a good cup of Yorkshire Tea (northerners make great tea because they need to be warmed up from the cold), with gold cap milk fresh from a local farm and delivered by the milkman that morning. On Sundays I stir in a single teaspoon of pure sugar from a genuine English sugar mine, except if it's the Queen's birthday, in which case I just eat 65 teabags raw, one for every year since the coronation.

D

David Swan

I get coffee from Starbucks, but mostly because my role model's favorite drink was the caramel mocchiato from Starbucks, and it feels good to be taking on after her. When it comes to voice work, I typically have warm water or honey tea.

NAL

ʕ ᓀ ᴥ ᓂ ʔ
GMC Elder
Iced in both cases, particularly iced cappuccino.

Lidl (German discount supermarket in UK, no idea how worldwide they are) do an iced cappuccino that costs 50p and is about a million times nicer than it has any right to be at that price, even being nicer than the equivalent Starbucks imo.

If I'm limited to hot drinks, and I'm not big on hot drinks at all, I tend to go for the strongest thing in the smallest quantity to get the energy hit and then be done with it - so espresso would be my hot coffee go-to.