Windows 2D Space Shooter

A

Ashmor

Hi folks! I’m excited to introduce my second game.

This is a generic 2d space action-rpg game. The player’s ultimate goal is to eliminate all the aliens and safe the galaxy.

What’s done so far:

– 12 types of enemies

– 3 types of bosses

– 3 types of weapons

– 3 types of power-ups

What’s next:

– Open world

– Randomly-generated side quests

– Boarding and capture enemies’ ships

– More enemies, weapons, power-ups, etc.

The game:
https://ashmor.itch.io/2d-space-shooter

YouTube:

Any feedback is totally welcome.

Attachments

Coxy ofNewp

Looks good !! like the art style and nice explosions and music. But could I just say - at certain times, it looks like allot going on in middle of screen (more like in a close grouping of the screen area) and ship gets a bit lost in all the action. maybe you could have the enemies spawn in a larger radius.. Just a thought for you..
Keep up the great work !!

Good stuff!

A little slow to get to the action at the start, things started to pickup around level 8 with the aliens who could shoot.

Perhaps needs a little more variety in enemy behaviour, I was able to survive until Level 24.

I found that if I just fly backwards, I wasn't able to be killed at all, because the aliens would just come into the range of my gun, needs some enemies that can outflank me.

I like how I had to find the boss using the distance meter.

After about level 10 the shooting had a better feel to it, the starting fire rate was really slow.

A bit more feedback on the enemies and bosses health would be nice, so I know how much damage I've done on some of the tougher ones.

Also, at first, because it's in space, I was expecting I could rotate on the spot, but I found I had to be moving to rotate, but once I got used to the controls it wasn't a big deal.

I also feel like the ship maybe had too much inertia, it would slow down real quick after letting go of the thrust key.

The other thing was the parallax was really nice, but the front couple of layers that move the fastest gave the feeling of the ship moving really fast, however, the actual speed of the ship and the aliens felt a lot slower. Like there was a disconnect between the parallax star field and how fast I was actually moving.

I see you are planning an open world, so this is probably just a test setup of the shooting mechanic.

I found overall it was fun, (after around level 10), good sound effects, lots of action, interesting enemies, nice game feel to it.