• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Cosmic Base [Graphic update, game name]

W

weiner

Hey. My nick is Weiner and I would like to introduce my newest project.
I am working on two projects (actually three) I posted here, but I am making them in Game Maker Studio 2 and I am stuck because of license. I did not know about objects restriction. So I am working on my GM: S 1.4 project again.
It is space station tycoon game. Game is real top down. It is about building space station and travelling to space around, upgrading space station and your ship.

Mechanics
Building space station
Not block by block system, because I am starting to hate it and because technical issues
Fully functional oxygen system
Helping robots
Upgrading and flying in ship through space

#1 Space adventure starts again
Every time I think I have lots of things already done, so I made excel file where I write everything and giving it percentage how much it is done. Then it is calculating me how much percentage I have done. I think it is great thing. I have about 13 % of programming and design part, but I do not add everything to excel. So it is like 5 % max.
Space roadmap: Hangar, bigger rooms, building robot, solar panels, more space station items, more gameplay, canteen
First video

F

farkraj

Looks cool, when colonists or robots will show up? Also oxygen will be transported trough some piping or vents or u just need a connected room with oxygen?

W

weiner

Robot is first thing to do, because I need to change building system little bit, because of robot. About oxygen. Special plants are making oxygen. You need to take care of them. Doors have two modes. Unlocked and locked. Lots of things, like ventilation and more things will have same modes. When power is off, you can not interact with locked things. Only manually. When door is locked, oxygen can not go through. You just need a connected room with oxygen, but ventilations will be too, for bigger safety.
About colonists will be more later.

Last edited by a moderator:
W

weiner

#2 It is working!
Biggest achieve is that I have finally working water system. It can be used to every other pipeline or cable line for oxygen or electricity. It is actually mess :D but it is working. Only problem is that whole circuit will reset when you destroy one pipe. But it takes just seconds. I hope it will not be problem in the future.

Next thing is graphic update. I made thinner walls because of doors. Does it look better? Next thing I need to do is when I open one door than second door will open. I prepared systematization system for it. So you can be able to set it if you want. With systematization system you will be able to set up who can open door and if door will open automatically. I hope systematization is good word for it. Another part of graphic update is HUD.

Last thing is I want to change game name from cosmic base to stellar port. What do you think? Because it is space station tycoon game and big part will be travelling through space than one part of game will be building space port and ships will arrive to your station and visit your space bar.

Roadmap to first/feedback access
Canteen, bigger rooms, food

Attachments