Discussion GMC:D GMC Discord - Formerly YYGFODC - YoYoGames Forums (Un)Official Discord Chat

M

Misu

Ok let me explain something to you all. We accept any kind of member in this chat but those who are well behave and follow the rules. All newcomers have to read the rules entirely before getting access. Not skim through it nor read the first part. None of that! Just read entirely. It is those who think better and knows that they have to follow norms in this chat are allowed. There is always gonna be a person who does not follow the rules and to prevent that, there is that security access for it. The results help filter in the good kind of members in the chat, allowing well discipline users and well treated conversations in here. We cant have trouble makers or people who dont know the rules. I apologize to all who could not manage to get in. As much as I wanted some of you here, rules are rules.

PS: I am not staff for christ sake. Im just the regular user in it.

We accept any kind of member in this chat but those who are well behave and follow the rules.
Wait, huh? That seems illogical.
Anyway, as I said, I've read everything I could read, so that includes the entirety of the rules.

Bluetail7

This is why the forums will never have a chat. Remember it's a gamedev forum, there's like low tolerance to whatever you do.

M

Misu

[This is why the forums will never have a chat. Remember it's a gamedev forum, there's like low tolerance to whatever you do.
The main reason why these forums wont have any official chat is because yoyogames have main priority on game development, game maker and helpping the community who uses it. A social program is something apart from that and can be unrelated to those subjects. Every chat server seen on the forum is absolutely unofficial. They are completely independent and off-topic. For a civilize chat server, we dont cause trouble but those who do are not permitted within the chat (like [NAME REMOVED] who got banned from the server last year for causing trouble). In order to make sure our chat is civilize, and respective for our fellow users, we have a filter process related to actually reading the rules ( and not skimming through) to ensure that the newcomer is a patient, well mannered, and of course can critically analyze sentences instead of assuming things that can be incorrect. For those who said they read the rules, well there is a difference between skimming and analizing carefully.

Not gonna say anything else after this. I already gave my point.

MOD EDIT: Username removed. No need to "name and shame" here... ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Bluetail7

oh wow...
tbh I always felt unwelcome from the start and I'd like to clear that at some point, before any ban was given, the rules were simple and not too strict about it, then it started to change till the chat became a graveyard, the mods taking everything too serious to the point where nobody was allowed to join anymore.

Also, I have no hard feelings, but I'd rather stay away for the reason given at the very start of this post.

M

Misu

oh wow...
tbh I always felt unwelcome from the start and I'd like to clear that at some point, before any ban was given, the rules were simple and not too strict about it, then it started to change till the chat became a graveyard, the mods taking everything too serious to the point where nobody was allowed to join anymore.

Also, I have no hard feelings, but I'd rather stay away for the reason given at the very start of this post.
That is not true.
It was always active and people are always starting conversations. We always get more than a 1000 post each day. Never have I seen the chat inactive in my entire life in it. And yeah, the mods have become more strict since [NAME NOT GONNA MENTION] spammed and thrown tantrums all the time. They toughen up the rules to avoid problems like that and eventually they established that filter. They did NOT stop allowing new members in. Access to the chat is still available to every GMCer but those who manage to go through the security access correctly will get in. Those who do not are unfortunately not allowed.

C

Chris S.

Lol no troll here guys...
I post on other forum threads than just Off Topic. ;)

TheSnidr

Heavy metal viking dentist
GMC Elder
Its good to see your interest into joining. If you havent read the rules of the server yet, I recommend you do so and follow everything it says. Hope you make it into the server. :)

PS: Royland is NOT the actual server. Its a separate universe Roy made :p
I messaged the mods a week ago, I don't see what else I have to do? Kinda weird having an approval system when the people who are supposed to approve don't do their job.

EDIT:
Found the password.

T

Thexel PIN

Hi,

I am the admin of the discord server in question. We have a simple vetting process to approve new members, due to some problems in the past. The only thing you can see as a fresh join is the rules post, which also explains how to get approved for a member role (it's very simple). We have set it up this way to guarantee that people actually read the rules, and actually want to be a part of the community rather than just pop in once and lose interest. If you can't take 30 seconds to read the rules, you're probably not a good fit anyway. It's sort of an automatic filter, with the end goal being active members, and less babysitting for the moderators.

The 80+ people who actually read the rules and the short instructions are all on the server.
@Lonewolff, You didn't read the rules and/or instructions, so you're not on the server... it's not more to it than that.
Based on your tantrum you threw here (I saw your profile posts that you deleted, too) you don't need to re-apply.

Thanks.
Hi. I already read the instructions and PM'd Tsuka with "that" on the message. But it doesn't seem I can get access. Did I do something wrong?

M

Misu

Well just be patient... we only have 2 mods from this forum (in the chat server) and only one of them are active here and takes time to respond :p

R

Remixful

I've never had to wait so long to join a Discord server... no thanks.

KurtBlissZ

Sucks not being apart of this discord group, its pretty much the official gmc discord group with all the GMC members and mods being apart of it. I mean come on I been engrossed into this community for like 10 years and I can't get in it. I hate to be bother but damn.

R

roytheshort

When you come to a set of two doors, one behind the other, do you open both doors or open one and then claim it's locked because you still see a door?

KurtBlissZ

Seeing as how mods are currently online and probably would've accepted your application if it was proper, I'm going to guess it was not.
I tried joining and messaged one of the two mods of the chat twice asking to join and no response. I also couldn't introduce myself in the #NewbLanding channel either because I didn't have permission to. That was after a second time getting an invitation and accepting, first time I didn't do it fast enough. So if this is intentional it sucks.

0.Bytes

I wasnt accept until now(sent a request, message etc around 1 or 2 weeks ago), and there is no problem about that, for real, no problems about not being accepted, but I think would be polite if the discord server admins at least tell us that we were not accepted to join the server, giving no answer at all I think it is not the best thing to do, in my humble opinion

Anyway I think would be easier for everybody if the server was free to join, and people where banished when they not behave as they should.

Shawn Basnett

Discount Dev
I wasnt accept until now(sent a request, message etc around 1 or 2 weeks ago), and there is no problem about that, for real, no problems about not being accepted, but I think would be polite if the discord server admins at least tell us that we were not accepted to join the server, giving no answer at all I think it is not the best thing to do, in my humble opinion

Anyway I think would be easier for everybody if the server was free to join, and people where banished when they not behave as they should.
That would be all fine and dandy, but that's a lot more effort than two mods and an admin could carry, this is more of a side thing for them, removing the vetting process would make things way more difficult and would require them to take more time away from their actual lives.

Lukasmah

Yes i think(?) im already on this. (If not im in two other discord groups)
I just that the few times i check it there is just a bunch of nonesense. I cant keep up!
Are you sure you didn't actually join Royland, which was also linked to by the OP?

beli_mawrr

Roy quit pretending you're the king of 💩💩💩💩post, you and Lukas have been fighting a war of attrition for ages xD

Also I really don't know how easy or hard it is to get into the group (I got in before the vetting was too extreme), but I know that the mod team is one of the best I've experienced. The chat has maintained its "feel" and active userbase, which is more than I can say of any other discord chat I've experienced with a low bar of entry. So whatever they're doing, no matter how unfair or opaque it may feel, is working extremely effectively. You can screw right off insulting the mod team, m8