Legacy GM [IMPOSSIBLE] Audio Spectrum background (After effect)

G

Guilherme Hernandez

I have an After Effects Audio Spectrum, and I'd like to use it as the background of the game.
It's possible? If so, how do I do it? Can you help me step by step?

Aaron Craig

I'm not too familiar with After Effects. Is what you have just an audio file, like a song you'd like to play in the background of your game?

G

Guilherme Hernandez

Actually, I'd like Audio Spectrum to be the background, you know?

Aaron Craig

Here's the manual on playing sounds: http://docs.yoyogames.com/source/dadiospice/002_reference/game assets/sounds/index.html

Basically what you'll want to do is create a sound, and load it up in GMS. Give it a name, and then preview it to ensure it's working properly. Once you've done that, you can use the function audio_play_sound( yourSound, 1, 1 <If it's background music, putting a 1 here will make it repeat>). Use that function when you'd like the music to be played, such as the beginning of your level, or after a cutscene starts, or whenever.

Just remember that GMS only supports .wav, .mp3, .ogg for sound files, so it'll have to be one of those.

G

Guilherme Hernandez

OP - are you saying you have a video file that represents the audio playback? I like a digital eq type deal?
Yes I have the file with all the audios and with the playback.
But I want to insert animation with background

G

Guilherme Hernandez

Actually, it's not a video. It is an effect of After Effect, the effect of Audio spectrum, according to the music

In that case, I am fairly confident in saying you can't use that at all. Unless After Effects outputs some sort of shader or script that you could convert for use in Game Maker.

G

Guilherme Hernandez

Yeah, I was afraid of that. I hoped it would not work, but I wanted to know about people who are more knowledgeable than I am.

Thank you very much.