• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

GMC Jam Discussion The Stellar GMC Jam #4 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sylvain_l

@Thexel PIN Looks like I have similar todo list
So a summary of what to do tomorrow:
1. Tons of backgrounds. Detailed, pixel art. STILL TODO
2. Give more sense to the plot. STILL TODO
3. Create menus and GUI. MAIN MENU DONE, BUT ALL THE REST STILL TODO
4. Create 3 whole music synced stages. I GAVE UP ON THAT, I'M GOING TO TAKE CREATIVE COMMON MUSIC
5. More music. But like, way too more music. OH YES. ALREADY FIND A FEW MP3, BUT STILL ACCUMULATING MORE AND MORE
6. Create sprites for EVERY SINGLE THING I haven't done to yet. YEP STILL TODO
7. Make the game fun. (The most difficult one. It's fun for me, but only because I am trained in Bullet Hell's) STILL TODO (NOT A BULLET HELL)
8. Draw portraits for every single character. STILL TODO
[SARCASM] ... ... ... Seems about right. TOTALLY AGREED! :D[\SARCASM]

The games in this jam actually look amazing.
200% agreed, amazing what I've seen until now. (top 4 ;) garanted)
*removed as asked*

Last edited:

Buff

I pivoted pretty hard from a comedic adventure game to a rocket lander game.

I'm pretty happy with that decision though.

I'm glad I'm participating in a jam for the first time, I've been so busy with work I haven't been coding in my free time, but this has been a great motivator to just sit down and make something.

I'll see how much I get done tomorrow, I'm really liking how it has turned out, it deserves some polish.

Last edited:

The M

I tried to fix a bug where score could rarely get into orbit around the total score. Well, I failed. :p

Edit:
That moment when you accidentally put in a * instead of a / and the game crashes because it runs out of memory. At least it wasn't the final version. :)

Last edited:

Posho

Oh, yeah! A bit late but:
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Micah_DS

My game Skyland Voyager is kinda finally shaping up, but somehow I'm just now getting to what WAS supposed to be the main aspect of the game - the randomly-generated sky islands n stuff.

Spent waaaaaaay too long with all manner of puffy fluffy clouds.

N

nvrogers

I'm having so much fun goofing around with mechanics and graphics that I've barely thought of actual gameplay. Maybe I should do that.

It seems as though gameplay is going to be my serious advantage this game around. I stuck with the basics: and I have really simple mechanics. Like, original Legend of Zelda mechanics. But I think the gameplay is fun and there's a lot of content (and optional content). The question is whether it's fun enough to make up for not having a cool story or experimental mechanics or graphic design.

T

Thexel PIN

I am kind of bored so I'm gonna say the names of the characters in my game:
Mark O'Pole: The Merchant
Siren Etta: The Cheerful Mermaid
Tarr Saahn: The Prince of the Tribe
Bhlob: Darkness' Blob

T

theonewhoisodd

Well I'm worried about making sure I have an actual download available by the end of the jam so I'm releasing an unpolished 'Early Access' version of the game for download.

<Download Link>

Edit: Found a broken bit updated the link to a fixed version.
Edit 2: I'm an idiot and left my developer tools on.

Last edited by a moderator:
T

theonewhoisodd

Is it another joke game?

Edit: I played it definitely not a joke 'game'...

dadio

Potato Overlord
GMC Elder
Thank you. I did try my hardest to make a fully complete, nicely playable, proper game this time.
Looks like it paid off.

T

Thexel PIN

Ehm... So, if you present an unfinished game for the Jam, can you keep working on it and publish it once the Jam already ended?

Nallebeorn

Well, I guess I'm finished now. After all, it's 02:25 AM here, and school tomorrow.
I present to you... Raftraftraft, a game about travelling as far as you can on a fragile raft!

Final gif:

DOWNLOAD

I'm pretty happy with how this came out in the end :)

T

Thexel PIN

Unless I create the second stage, the game will have no voyage theme... I hope I get to it quickly.

T

Thexel PIN

To turn in the game do I just post it here with the download link?

N

nvrogers

@Thexel PIN Put the link in the games topic.

I still have to make half the game and all the menus. It's currently 10:31 PM. Great.

T

Thexel PIN

So I'm creating a dialogue system, and I've been using these guys to test it out:

But like, the same guy with hats and stuff (and keeping the text).

T

theonewhoisodd

Hmmmm... There's a little over six hours of time left... I'm tempted to try and build a small game that I didn't want to do as the actual game for this jam but if I just do it quickly as a second entry it can't hurt any, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.