• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Bomb & Bunny

Y

Youpeoples

Bomb & Bunny
Puzzleishplatformer based on timed bombs as keys.
30 levels. Many options for gettin' the job done. Optimize for the best time!
Add some difficulty by carrying the cute lil bunny through the entire game.

As everything in this game was 100% my own creation.. any tips on how to improve absolutely any aspect of the game would be sooo welcomed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Y

Youpeoples

Went ahead and added another 18 levels to bring total to 30. Would have edited main post but got constant errors.

K

Koohyar

Considering this needs a gamepad to be played, I'm not downloading your demo. If you want more people download your game and comment on it, you'd better implement keyboard controls as well.

Judging from the screenshots, I suppose your character hasn't got any animations yet. But the graphics are overall good and in harmony. :)

M

Mattie

I played the game for like 10 minutes. I quite like the idea of opening the doors with a timed bomb.

I gotta say though, the movement is weird. In my opinion the character is way too slow when you walk, and the jump weirdly boosts the movement speed. The double jump is very hard to use. You basicly have to double tap the button to jump any higher than with a normal jump.

I'd consider giving the player infinite lives. Repeating the first levels over and over again isn't fun after a while.

edit. And I gotta agree with Koohyar. Not having a keyboard option might be off-putting for some people.
edit2. Forgot the mention, I think the bomb should have clearer visual indicator for the timer. Maybe it could slowly turn red or something.

Y

Youpeoples

Considering this needs a gamepad to be played, I'm not downloading your demo. If you want more people download your game and comment on it, you'd better implement keyboard controls as well.

Judging from the screenshots, I suppose your character hasn't got any animations yet. But the graphics are overall good and in harmony. :)
Yeah, hes got some animation. While most everything is animated, it wasn't my focus. I will put some serious effort into keyboard mapping for the sake of gathering some much needed criticisms. Keyboard is so funky to me.

Y

Youpeoples

I played the game for like 10 minutes. I quite like the idea of opening the doors with a timed bomb.

I gotta say though, the movement is weird. In my opinion the character is way too slow when you walk, and the jump weirdly boosts the movement speed. The double jump is very hard to use. You basicly have to double tap the button to jump any higher than with a normal jump.

I'd consider giving the player infinite lives. Repeating the first levels over and over again isn't fun after a while.

edit. And I gotta agree with Koohyar. Not having a keyboard option might be off-putting for some people.

The idea is to be constantly jumping anyway. Theres a jumpsprint button. doublejump has been modified and lives have been set to 20. I really enjoy the slow walk, gives more incentive to stay bouncing to catch dat bunny.

all very valid points, you've made. Thank you so much for taking the time.

e: (visual indicators) the bomb pops white the final safe moment before exploding and the activation panel itself has a very obvious animation indicator. levels without the panel are paranoia by design. I like that you didnt suggest beeping noise. I will make the bombs animation a bit more obvious tho.

Last edited by a moderator:
Y

Youpeoples

Considering this needs a gamepad to be played

Gamepad is now a highly suggested alternative. If you decide to give it a go, let me know what feels uncomfortable keyboard wise? Any suggestions at all.

Key bindings for board/mouse are listed on the .io page.