• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Discussion Can't run or debug game

L

lastGampemaker

I'm using gamemaker 2
when I click debug or run it doesn't work
when I press the button or hotkey there are no error messege... literally doesn't work
I've been check log, there are no error or any kind of messege

any file has same problem... even market's file(my game, yoyo rpg, ruin magic etc)

it works yesterday..

Help me plz....

D

DigitalCaffeine

This is currently happening to me too! I was working on a project when all of a sudden I couldn't run it anymore. Clicking "RUN" or pressing F5 literally does.... nothing. I've restarted my computer, installed a fresh copy of the program, took my project and "Saved As", still nothing. If I create a new project it starts working again but that also means it's tied to my current project and I really don't want to rebuild it again!

Anyone have any tips for things we can try to get this working again? My project is dead in the water right now.

EDIT: This is really embarrassing but I somehow switched the "Current build target" to Ubuntu in the top right. LastGampemaker try seeing if maybe this happened to you too!

G

This may be silly, but I was having the same issue, and I fixed it by hitting the "stop" button and then the "run" button again. It stopped responding to "run" after I closed the debugging window; there may have been a little hangup in closing the debugging version of the program

P

PapaSjeff

I guess i have the same thing. Since the new update i cannot run nor debug my game anymore. In the output is says: Saving project to, but it won't go past that. I tried to reinstall, restart, save as but nothing works really.
I do see a runtime update but as soon as i try to download the new one my gamemaker gets stuck.

Anyone found a similar problem and has a solution for this?

L

lastGampemaker

This is currently happening to me too! I was working on a project when all of a sudden I couldn't run it anymore. Clicking "RUN" or pressing F5 literally does.... nothing. I've restarted my computer, installed a fresh copy of the program, took my project and "Saved As", still nothing. If I create a new project it starts working again but that also means it's tied to my current project and I really don't want to rebuild it again!

Anyone have any tips for things we can try to get this working again? My project is dead in the water right now.

EDIT: This is really embarrassing but I somehow switched the "Current build target" to Ubuntu in the top right. LastGampemaker try seeing if maybe this happened to you too!
thank you, your reply but it doesn't work / I bought mobile version but recently it dosen't run or debug not work