• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Where are all those old people on the Game Maker Community?

Ninety

Yal and GameGeisha are still around. As for the pros like Derek Yu... Well, once you make it in the games industry, you're less likely to hang around a forum like this, put it that way...

RekNepZ

GMC Historian
I still see Darthlupi around from time to time. Other than him, I don't really see any of the really old ones around much.

K

Koohyar

Hey. I'm kinda one of those old guys. But as I didn't post much nobody knows me. xD

On the old forums I had the topic for "KooKoo's Texture Packs". Here it is:

http://gmc.yoyogames.com/index.php?showtopic=381434

It says I've joined GMC in 2006, but I've been a member of "Games Showcase" long before (if anybody here remembers it).

And... yeah... my childhood is bound with the lovely work of Mark Overmars who made Game Maker in the first place, and his work made my brother and I start making games.

EDIT: I just found my first game:

http://gmc.yoyogames.com/index.php?showtopic=239623&hl=

Those old days... sigh

Rivo

My profile says i'm 18, but i'm actually 68 with a wife and two kids. I am extremely insecure about my age so I put 18.

Last edited:
B

Blazing

It says I've joined GMC in 2006, but I've been a member of "Games Showcase" long before (if anybody here remembers it).
Hey, I used to be on GS, too! I vaguely remember you. I think I was "Horseman" there.

K

Koohyar

Hey, I used to be on GS, too! I vaguely remember you. I think I was "Horseman" there.
Hey yeah. I kinda remember you as well. But I don't have any direct memory on any conversation we had had in that time. Nice to see you! :)

TehPilot

I remember having a sandbox account back around April '07. Sure was a long time ago. Good 'ol days.

GMC wasn't my stomping ground until recently, and even now I'm not super active.

P

PHL

In those days ( about 2007 AD), Yoyo Games had a sandbox. People put their games there. You could see many people's games and compare them with yours. It was a rich environment.

Today Yoyogames showcases only games that meet their quality expectations. So it is hard to see what other Game Maker users are doing.

P

PHL

With the old sandbox, you discovered new people easily. I remember a person called Banov, whose game Assassin Blue was on the sandbox.