• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Introduce Yourself

D

Dodge917

Username: Hi, I'm Dodge917! I have always wanted to make video games and I have only recently been able to attempt to make this a reality.

Where you're from:
a land of pure imagination
How long you've been using Game Maker: I haven't owned the program until recently, so, unfortunately not that long.
Any cool games you've made: Mostly arcade clones. I've been practicing by following game maker tutorials on Youtube.
Personality Type: generally a happy person.

Other things about yourself:
I look forward to creating a fun intriguing world for everyone to take part in. The creativity is there, I just need the programming skill to make my imagination come to life!

M

Mr. Butterbean

Hello.

My name is Matthew. I live as an only child (except for my two step-brothers) with my mother in a neighborhood home in Georgia, USA. I am homeschooled, but I go to Houston County High School for socialization and to learn work ethic. I am 20 years old - and have Autism.

A large chunk of my childhood revolved around Mario - I loved Mario; the games, the characters, the gameplay, the "story" of Princess Peach getting kidnapped by Bowser and Mario having to save her, et cetera. My favorite such game out of all then - believe it or not - was Mario Party 3; I couldn't get enough of not having to save Peach and in fact being able to play as her - as well as other characters - and causing trouble for the computer opponents and playing the minigames. I didn't even mention that I loved pitting characters against their "real-life" rivals; think Mario VS Wario (in it).

This is not my first time starting with GameMaker; I actually first started in 2009, just making games for the fun of it, but now, I plan on using it to provide free, all-age-friendly, quality games via just PC download (and I mean on a forum or a website) (and maybe HTML5) to the common audience (meaning they're cheap; they're having to rely on buying used gaming consoles and those from DreamGear from Walgreen's just to save money, for example, nowadays), as well as my friends and family; not sure if I should go big with Steam and other platforms or not.

I currently have two actual working prototypes as of today: The Red Baron (A futuristic top-down shooter with glowing elements), and Billy Block (The same basic theme, but is a platformer, and not necessarily "glow-y" graphics-wise). I'm considering making these two into full-out games, which, again, anyone of any age can freely enjoy.

Thank you for taking the time to read this, and I hope to see you again soon. Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:
L

LSGDƎV

Username: LSGDEV [I have a flipped E... It's on purpose]
Old GMC Username: None

Name: Call me DEV, I'd rather not reveal my actual name, unless you somehow find it
Where you're from: California, USA
How long you've been using Game Maker: Since October 2016
Any cool games you've made: No. I'm still new
Personality Type: ENJF

Other things about yourself: Sort of shy, no longer comfortable with revealing my name online, I like to be called DEV, learning how to 3D Model, currently using GMS 1.4 Standard and GMS2 Trial

R

Rednavi

Just a random dude who grabbed GMS2 and is now making a platformer. It's been quite fun so far!

L

Lolimancer

Username: Lolimancer (i already regret that).
Old GMC Username: Uh... Nope.
Other usernames from past and present: Toasted Bread.
Name: Jorge/George, but callin' me by my real name is quite uncommon.
Where you're from: Chile, RM.
How long you've been using Game Maker: Til' now? Like an hour an a half.
Any cool games you've made: Nah, i don't think so. I've done stuff with Unity, I really like using C#. My first game was a platformer made with Construct 2 (supossed to look like a NES game).
Personality Type: MEDIATOR (INFP-A). Laziness....
Other things about yourself: I enjoy reading books, mainly about design, drawing and coding.

C

Canamla

Username: Canamla
Other usernames from past and present: from deviant art, my name is Breezy-Hope, or just Breezy. That was my username on a few game sites years ago.

Name: Aaron
Where you're from: Wasatch Front of Utah
How long you've been using Game Maker: About one week!
Personality Type: Intellectual, serious (but funny)

Other things about yourself: Well,
of what is relevant, I'm a long time Nintendo kid and have always drawn my inspiration from RPG and action/adventure games. I've enjoyed picking up many skills from music production to image design to try and create something that I enjoy. Of what is not as relevant, I am a health nut and love to garden. I work in a health foods store as a produce assistant manager, and am probably the most knowledgeable person there regarding the chemistry of nutrition. I'm an intellectual and science minded person with a very open mind. I've spent a good few years of my life learning about the nature of the material world. Sadly, I've got a bad memory and lose things if they're not really practiced much. The past year has brought me to a culmination of my desire to produce my own worlds through art, music, and now games. That's why I'm here, to learn how to create my worlds through more interactive means. My dream is to write books and make games about the places and events in my fictional world. A planetary system with a chaotic past and a mysterious future.

Coxy ofNewp

Username: Coxy ofNewp
Old GMC Username: Coxy ofNewp
Other usernames from past and present: Coxy..

Name:
Coxy (starting to get the idea)
Where you're from: Wales UK

I've used GMS on and off since 8.1,and got the full GMS 1.4 a while back,then the humble package too. But I never really had free time to do anything more than just little projects.. I had a game making program called AMOS back in the day,when I had my loved Amiga !! And really got into making a few games with it and then was lucky enough to come across Game maker 8 in 2010 ?? And since then had been using it as well as MMF 2 ( Yes sorry too use those 3 letters and 1 number HERE!) I followed the progression of Game maker and got GMS when it came out and also got the humble bundle for the exporters too. But over the past several years,I never really had the time to make a game I'd be happy to release or made that I'd called done!
Now that I have some real free time on my hands and a game that I've been designing on paper for the past 3+ YEARS will hopefully become a reality with my latest update to GMS 2, that I purchased a few days ago! And I have to say,that the changes I've seen and experienced so far with GMS2 - I Love It !! Sooooo I know I'm going to be a much more active user of the forum and look forward to starting to make posts and hopefully my game come to life !! See you all in the threads ...
Coxy

C

CSGOfreeskinseu

Hello everyone, thanks for possibility of joining to this awesome forum! :)

F

fps-player

Introduce yourself to the rest of the community! If you're not sure what to say, here's a guide (use as much of it as you choose)

Username:
Old GMC Username:
Other usernames from past and present:

Name:
How long you've been using Game Maker:
Any cool games you've made:
Personality Type:

Old thread: http://gmc.yoyogames.com/index.php?showtopic=566197

EDIT: Just noticed the typo ("where's you're from"). I'm keeping it :)
EDIT2: Nevermind. It's really starting to bug me
Hi I'm new here

R

Regniwekim

Username: Regniwekim
Old GMC Username: Regniwekim
Other usernames from past and present: Regniwekim

Name: Mike
Where you're from: FL, USA
How long you've been using Game Maker: 8-ish years?
Any cool games you've made: Stellar, for Android. Check it out on the Play Store!
Personality Type: Eh, don't believe in this mumbo-jumbo.

Other things about yourself: I'm a self taught hobbyist, with no formal training in any kind of computer science or anything. Game Maker is the only engine I use!

LiarOnce

Username:LiarOnce

Name:Mark Shi
Where you're from:China
How long you've been using Game Maker:Since 2014
Any cool games you've made: Not yet.
Personality Type:ESFJ-A

Nothing, I'm only a normal people.

Last edited:
A

AshikurAB

Username: AshikurAB

Name: Ashikur Rahman
Where you're from: Bangladesh
How long you've been using Game Maker: Since 2015.
Any cool games you've made: Not yet but still trying.
Personality Type: INFP-T

Other things about yourself: I'm a very simple guy. Like to learn new things everyday.

B

BlakeNBitz

Hi I'm Blake
AKA BlakeNBitz, or Snide
Where you're from: MN
How long you've been using Game Maker: Been regularly using it for a couple weeks now.
Any cool games you've made: I wish

Glad to have joined this community :) I'm an audio guy who is really trying to learn more about programming and game design. This seems like a great place to get started.

M

Mochi

I used to go by omegazeroINFI as im currently switching over on some things still. ive been mostly a lurker of sorts when it came to game maker and usually only bought a license here just because i wanted to support yoyogames.
more recently, ive been trying to improve my own craft at music making. id like to think ive gotten pretty good at it by now.

L

lewislepton

im lewis lepton
from uk
do pretty much everything
been using GM on & off for years. but since its coming back to mac, im backk as well. really just want to make games rather than building everything ;)
im the sound designer for the game DRAGON OF LEGENDS which is soon to be released on beta
made a game that pissed some PETA people off for a game jam - plus joined in other ones. if you search my name, you will find me somewhere ;)
i create tutorials & random videos, also do loads of art, have my own patreon
also make tons of music
have my own site that shows a lot, but sadly not all yet

N

Nucleoxi

Username: Nucleoxi
Old GMC Username: None
Name: Alyssa
How long have you been using Gamemaker?: About a year
Any cool games you've made: None but I am currently working on one.
Personality type: ENFJ

Other things about yourself: Baguettes for days

W

WingBat

Username: WingBat
Old GMC Username:-
Other usernames from past and present:-

Name: Amber
Where you're from: Florida
How long you've been using Game Maker: About a week
Any cool games you've made: A work in progress, Space Potato.
Personality Type: Mediator (INFP,-A,-T)

Other things about yourself: I am a dog loving nerd who loves metal music. A competitive MTG player and all around gamer. I play games ranging from WoW to table top Dungeons and Dragons.

C

CHOPSTEEQ

Username: CHOPSTEEQ

Name: Ted
How long you've been using Game Maker: About a month
Any cool games you've made: None yet, but I'm enjoying building my first game piece by piece. It's immensely satisfying to see things come together.

Other things about yourself: I play in a few different bands, and have a nice little recording studio in my apartment. If I'm not working on games, I'm working on music. (or doing actual work!)

Really happy to see how strong the community is for GMS. I love looking at the great ideas other people make into reality.

G

George_009

Hello everybody,

I'm George_009
Located in Thessaloniki, Greece
Creating mobile apps for kids

Z

z0anthr0pe

Username: z0anthr0pe

I'm from Australia. I've used GM almost since it started (on and off) and just returned here to find my old account had been "refreshed" :confused: Oh well, starting again.

R

Retsal

Hello, there we go!

Username:
Retsal
Where you're from: Spain
How long you've been using Game Maker: since 2011 I think

Other things: I'm programmer in real life.

V

vozisaur

Username: Vozisaur
Old GMC Username: No idea! :D
Other usernames from past and present: I sometimes go by Shadow or Nova

Name: Katerina
Where you're from: Ukraine!
How long you've been using Game Maker: Not long enough
Any cool games you've made: Nothing that has been published or anything like that, but I have enjoyed making little arcade games.
Personality Type: I have no idea what this means :D

Other things about yourself: I like pixels, 3D, and reading. I also really needed 5 posts so I can send links. 1 more to go!

B

Blazing

Username: Blazing
Old GMC Username: I have no idea if I even had an account at any point.
Other usernames from past and present: Horseman

Where you're from: Phoenix, Arizona, USA
How long you've been using Game Maker: I have no idea. Shortly after Game Maker 6 came out, whenever that was.
Any cool games you've made: Nothing impressive. A cringey platformer and a gimmicky little shooter game my young cousins loved to play. I typically play with Game Maker and test ideas as opposed to make and finish games.
Personality Type: INFP-A

Other things about yourself: I have too many hobbies and they rotate on an annual basis. Right now, it's Game Maker, my car, and reading.

S

StickmanLtd

Username: StickmanLtd
Old GMC Username/other usernames from past and present: I'm pretty sure I had an account, but it's been so long that I don't remember what it was. Could have been StickmanLtd. I sometimes go by Tirade.
Name: Hugh
Where you're from: Grew up in upstate NY, about as far from what most people think of as 'New York' can possibly be. Moved to Florida in 1st grade. Hated the heat, humidity, and giant cockroaches. Moved back in my late 20s. Now back in upstate NY.
How long you've been using Game Maker: I don't remember what year it was, but I first discovered it around 4.0 or 5.0, actually started using 6.0, and finally broke down and bought the pro version of 7.0. Which, of course, is on an old dead computer and can't be reinstalled on another one because it requires activation that no longer exists.
Any cool games I've made: Mostly just fooling around. I made a couple of arcade mashups called Break Invaders (I'm sure you can guess what the two biggest parts of the mashup were from the title.) and I made a few levels of a silly little stick figure sidescrolling action game called Alabama Bones and the Temple of Gloom. (I'm sure you can guess what it was a spoof of by the title.)

What the heck am I doing here: I haven't done much programming or scripting in a long time, and visual art has never been my forte (Although lately I've been getting really into 3d sculpting, so I may try to transfer that into some game related skills.) but I've always had a love for game soundtracks, and that's mostly what I've been doing lately. When I first went off to college, I was a violin major. I intended to switch over to a music composition degree at some point, but unfortunately I ran out of money for school and had to drop out at the time. While I haven't kept up with playing, I still write music and noodle around on my MIDI keyboard now and then. I've also started dabbling in synthesizer music rather than orchestral style stuff, mostly because I've got a cyberpunk-themed podcast I've been working on and I needed to develop a soundtrack for it.

T

tambayan

Name: FaceLess Jeorge
Where you're from:Manila, Philippines
How long you've been using Game Maker: just right now
Any cool games you've made: None
Personality Type: I'm simple

Cool and jolly

N

newled

Username: Newled

Name: Walky
Where you're from: Chicago
How long you've been using Game Maker: just 2 weeks
Any cool games you've made: Sorry, not yet

Other things about yourself: I like game, model hobby and travel the world

I'm so excited to join with you guys

T

Teddyboy16

Username: teddyboy16

I'm from the U.S. I stumbled across GM2 as I was googling information on isometric games. I just love games that are done in a isometric projection. I'm also obssessed with pixel art! GM2 reminds me of AMOS and S.E.U.C.K. I'm not a programmer. I'm a mechanical engineer (medical device) by profession. I've always been fascinated by the video gaming industry.

I haven't bought GM2 yet. I've been looking at the YouTube videos and lurking on the forum before buying it. GM2 appears to be a nice way to create a 2D game through object oriented programming. Nice forum community with lots of great information.

Simon Gust

I guess I could introduce myself too someday.

Name: Simon Gust (real name)
Where I'm from: Switzerland, (town with 300 peeps)
How long I've been using GM: about 2 years
Released Games: N/A
Hobbies: making games, making pixelart, playing instruments
Other things: I'm the conductor of the poop train

I

ibrahim shersha

GMC Username : Ibrahim shersha
Name : Ibrahim Shersha
Where you're from: India
2 to 3 months
Any cool games you've made: Not so cool game "Stop the bug"

C

CutePoops

Hi, I'm CutePoops, aka Angie!

I'm new to Game Maker, but I've been fooling around in RPG Maker since I was a wee lil nerdling.

My creative strengths are definitely in the art and storytelling areas. Programing is a budding hobby I've been working at for the past few years. I'm not good at it, but I'm learning a little bit at a time.

A game I've made (but not finished) is Infinity Tower. A dungeon-crawler rouge-like-like with an animesque art style. You can find it on youtube or the RPG Maker forums if you care enough to check out the demo.

Aaaand, yeah that's it, I guess. Nice to meet ya!

V

Vonnbit

Ollo! I'm Vonnbit! Real name a secret! (can't risk anyone discovering my shameful facebook photos...)

Long time a lurker (since the YYGF age), finally decided to make an account in this third iteration of GameMaker forum, nice to meet you all. I've been using GM for about 5 years now, but never really got too deep into using it more than dozens of prototypes and moving pictures.

My strong forte is most definitely art, so expect me to pop in your topics everytime you need help in that!

K

Kenjiro

Kenji :)

Not much of a 'game maker' as such. But do love bite sized programming challenges. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to make a game, but I get distracted too easily.

I'm probably better suited to part of a team where I can focus on the area allocated.

I'm a pretty versatile programmer when it comes down to the crunch.

N

nix0nax

Yooo

Name:
Just call me nix
Where you're from:
Slovenia
A few years on and off.
Nothing finished except a couple of game jam entries.
Personality Type:
INTP

J

JackProgrammer

I'm new to this amazing community! I'm here to learn some stuffs, etc! It's a pleasure to be here.

M

Motte

Username: Motte

Name: Johannes Noack
Where you're from: Germany (East)
How long you've been using Game Maker: since 2015
Any cool games you've made: in progress
Personality Type: INFP

Other things about yourself: atm issues in life/struggling

P

Paradox

Username: Paradox

Name: William
Where you're from: South Australia
How long you've been using Game Maker: 3 years
Any cool games you've made: Solar Defence, remaking it right now actually
Personality Type: Interesting

S

Sparckman

oh here is here you introduce yourself. Cool. Hey guys guys this is Sparckman. Yes the same Sparckman from youtube lol.
Anyways, I joined the game maker forum! Helloooooooooooooooooooooo everyone. I make game tutorials and other stuff.
Not as good as le heartbeast or le shaun spalding haha.

So yes, I'm in the forum now.

C

chodgins91

Username: chodgins91

Name:
Craig
Where you're from:
UK, London (area)
10 years
Any games you've made:
a few, but never published :(
Personality Type:
Adventurer (ISFP-a)

So I own my own business in promotional design, print and website development. I am generally a quiet easy going person, who can change as quick as feeding a tiger fresh meat if you annoy me or people close to me. I enjoy just being at home on the computer coming up with new ideas, i love deigning and coding and can easily come up with a game generally in a couple of hours, its the graphics that i struggle with, everything must look perfect and function as expected, i often easily disbanden ideas to move on o another, but will always get back around in a couple fo years or so. I have a family, so business always come first before play. My trust is very hard to get, but once achieved its a strong force until broken and unmendable. And I have been a member of GMC for years, but now have to do 5 posts, 1 down!

D

daniel499

I'm 17 and live in the US, and haven't been using GameMaker long, but like the software.

L

LinkGD

Username: Link GD :D
Old GMC Username: none
Other usernames from past and present: none ;s

Name: Confidential :3
Where you're from: I'm from Mexico
How long you've been using Game Maker: Arround three days or kinda... I'm learning
Any cool games you've made: Uncompleted Tutorial :`D
Personality Type: Introvert

Other things about yourself: I would very happy to know more people and learn together to others, I like too much playing games and I'm studying programming

ゲルハルト

Username: ゲルハルト
Old GMC Username: none
Other usernames from past and present: also none

Where you're from: I live in southern Germany
How long you've been using Game Maker: Since December 2016 (I started during GMS2 beta, no prior GMS1.4 experience)
Personality Type: Calm but determined.

Other things about yourself: I like to drink green tea and eat spicy food. I'm an art/dev hybrid. I modify hardware in unsanctioned ways.

M

megaspit

Username: megaspit
Old GMC Username: Mega Spit
Other usernames from past and present: Spike

Name: Kyle
Where you're from: USA
How long you've been using Game Maker: 15 years
Any cool games you've made: Sonic Panic
Personality Type: Sleepy

Nice to be back on the forums after lurking forever! Haven't messed with GM much in a few years, but I'm hoping to get back into it.

G

Geldra

Hello all!

Name's geldra. Been using game maker on and off for years. Finished one game months ago and working on another now. When I'm able to post links I'll put them up somewhere

Dacker

Username: Dacker
Old GMC Username:
Iamtheone
Other usernames from past and present:
Waddy (Quake Live), Destroyer925 (Xbox Live), Destroyer (Sauerbraten Mapper), T bone (SAU forum) there are others but my memory is horrible...

Name:
Dylan
Where you're from:
Little old Tasmania, Australia

Since version 5.0, so on and off for nearly 14 years! :eek:

Most of my stuff was just noodling around with code really, but I've done a fair bit of it though! I made some top down shooters, I had a tank game that I'd been developing on and off for years, a worms style destructible terrain game but with stationary turrets, I had a 3d motorbike on terrain mess around project using xception's early 3D .dll, I had a basic first person shooter using a GM irrlicht port and I did an asteroids clone for a school project.

In hindsight, I really wish I'd made more of it publicly available, I have a hard time getting a work in progress to a point where I'm satisfied enough to show it off. Most of that stuff has been lost to the depths of my old computer graveyard under the house, I'd love to dig them up one day though.

Currently I'm working on a real time strategy game for mobile, and I've been developing my own 3D engine/level editor in GML for a first person shooter.

Personality Type: INFP-a

I enjoy playing guitar, I record my own music, I enjoy making things, welding, fabricating, tinkering with cars to make them go faster, currently building a R32 GTR hoping to run a high 8 / low 9 sec 1/4 mile.

Hello fellow creators of things! :cool:

D

Dario Koen

Username: Dario Koen
Other usernames from past and present: ice_cold_killer, DarioFrenchMan, Dzario, luck.duck

Name: Dario
Where you're from: Canada
How long you've been using Game Maker: 1 year
Any cool games you've made: None (yet)
Personality Type: Driven

S

SarahEl

Hi, I'm SarahEl from sunny England. I've used GM before to make a game not published, and just started to use it again to make 'FlyCheese' which i hope to publish soon :)

T

Token Chingy

Name: Jason
Where you're from: Australia
How long you've been using Game Maker: Since Game Maker 5.x or maybe even earlier I'm not sure.
Any cool games you've made: Not really.

Technical things about yourself: I'm a software engineer specialising in user portals, web/native applications and embedded systems. In terms of language proficiency, I like many other people don't consider myself an expert in any language but I am comfortable and confident in C99, Python2/3, ES6 JS. I am versed in C++, C# and can read and write albeit slowly in Java and Swift/Objective-C. I understand and know many of the main concepts of OpenGL and WebGL. I'm also quite knowledgable in network communications and network security.

Other things about yourself: That's really about it. I'm pretty boring otherwise. I snowboard, travel and like fast cars.