• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE 85-90% CPU Usage doing nothing in 2.0.5.92

T

TheHeroOfNoOne

I set the power saving to 30%, then 10%. Doesn't affect, still high CPU usage.

rIKmAN

Is version 2.0.5.92 available? IDE or Runtime? Where can I download?
I *think* that's the Steam version number.
I'm assuming that's the reason for the different versioning, rather than it being more recent than the standalone version.

gnysek

In fact GMS2 versions are numbered in a nice way, it seems:

2 - version
0 - subversion, when bigger changes/new features are added
5 - public release number
92 - public release candidate build number

So next versions will be for sure 2.0.6.x and then 2.0.7.x :)

T

TheHeroOfNoOne

Check your about box. If it says "Mesa" in there (as the graphics driver), then it'll be running the software renderer, and that'll take a big CPU hit.

View attachment 9073
Yes, it says "Mesa" in there. Is there any way to force GMS2 to use my graphics driver (AMD Radeon)?

rwkay

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
Do you have an opengl32.dll in the main directory that you installed GMS2 (defaults to c:\Program Files\GameMaker Studio 2)??? If so then delete it and try starting GMS2 back up (it should default to the Hardware renderer)

Russell

T

TheHeroOfNoOne

Do you have an opengl32.dll in the main directory that you installed GMS2 (defaults to c:\Program Files\GameMaker Studio 2)??? If so then delete it and try starting GMS2 back up (it should default to the Hardware renderer)

Russell
I have an opengl32.dll in ...\GameMaker Studio 2\mesa . If I delete it GMS2 crashes on startup. I can't find GMS2 back up, what is it?

Mike

nobody important
GMC Elder
This means your graphics card isn't able to run the IDE, and it needs to use the software version. Just put the DLL back into the MESA folder and it should run again.

This is also why your CPU is running high, the software rendering takes pretty much a full CPU all the time.

T

TheHeroOfNoOne

This means your graphics card isn't able to run the IDE, and it needs to use the software version. Just put the DLL back into the MESA folder and it should run again.

This is also why your CPU is running high, the software rendering takes pretty much a full CPU all the time.
Thank you. That explained everything. This is now solved.