Gamemaker Team Collaboration Website

R

Richard Mountain

Greetings all,

Figured I'd post this here as well, not entirely sure whether I should have posted this here or on the collab forum. I suppose I'll get a wrist slap if it's wrong.

https://www.reddit.com/r/gamemaker/comments/66926r/gamemaker_team_collaboration_website/
Link doesn't seem to work anymore check the spoiler for original post.

Greetings all,

I'm an avid Gamemaker developer, and although I like working on my own now and again, I work better in a team. At present, the only places I'm aware of that cater for sourcing out other developers and projects is either via the Yoyogames forums or a couple of other generic Indie team up sites where other development platforms are more popular, and Gamemaker opportunities are very scarce.

The the only other site that came close was IndieTeamUp which seems to have recently shut down.

Proposal
I figured it might be a good idea to create a new "GameMaker" specific website for indie developers to find projects and developers using the GameMaker software.

I've already secured a suitable domain name for this

What can I bring to the table
Well, I've already started developing the site and it has some functionality (not accessible to the public yet), and although I could code the whole site on my own, I'm not much of a designer and as far as attractive blurb goes I'm not very creative.

I've got 10+ years developer experience in a variety of languages, and this particular site will/is developed in PHP.

So really I'm looking for someone(s) to help out, my initial thoughts for the site are to run it as non-profit or at most just cover the running costs, I want it to be more of a helpful resource for the GameMaker Community.

I'd like you to see this as a hobby project, and there is no tight development schedule (obviously I'd like to get it live asap) but there isn't an urgent rush.

Roles
  • PHP developers
  • Designer
  • Blurb guru
Feedback
Any feedback on my idea and help requests if you want to get involved please either drop me a message here or PM me.

TLDR;
Decided to start developing a site for Gamemaker specific developers/projects, whereby people can post their projects or find projects/developers to work with, looking for some volunteers to help with the development.

Could be a great idea, could be a bad idea...

Feedback
Any feedback on my idea and help requests if you want to get involved please either drop me a message here or PM me.

Last edited by a moderator:
R

Richard Mountain

That's weird, I've updated the OP with the content found in the spoiler.

S

StuffandThings85

it says "removed"

If you want a full website, you can try Squarespace. Not sure if they can provide what you going for though.

R

Richard Mountain

it says "removed"
I thanks for that, I can see it says removed, I'm not fluent with Reddit so I have no idea what has happened there.

If you want a full website, you can try Squarespace. Not sure if they can provide what you going for though.
I think you've missed the point of my post, I'm developing a website. I'm not looking for an off the shelf build your own website, plus I don't imagine that something like SquareSpace is advanced enough to achieve what I want. I'm looking for other PHP developers, designers and/or content writers that fancy getting involved.