• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Discussion GMC:D GMC Discord - Formerly YYGFODC - YoYoGames Forums (Un)Official Discord Chat

R

roytheshort

GMC:D
Formerly known as YoYoGame Forum's (Un)Official Discord Chat

(Copied from Misu)
I like to announce that the YYGFuOSC (Yoyogame forum's (un)official Skype chat) has migrated to a new application known as "Discord". Its a new chatting program that has the best features from an IRC, Skype, and other chatting program out integrated, just for gamers. It has certain improvements on interfaces such as multiple channels similar to IRC, free voice calling, faster server, TTS, no more annoying "ping" (notification sound), and a separate channel to keep the annoying posts away.

We have the following channels in the YYGFuODC:

-General: The original chatroom for everyone to socialize or share.
-nsfw: For most of the unappropriated messages and obnoxious stuff go here.
-Spoiler: For spoiling any news or things that you don't want others to see unless they decide to.
-Voice Channel: For voice chatting with other members without having to ring them up to make one.
-Gaming voice channel: This is voice chatting for those who are currently playing a game.

Link:

GMC:D

Why did I make this topic?

Because this guy said this...

upload_2017-2-21_19-20-52.png

What else is there?

Royland
Fake GMC Chat
Dead Forum Games Chat

can you update the OP to reflect this?
upload_2017-2-21_19-22-58.png

Last edited:

RekNepZ

GMC Historian
There's many more channels than the ones listed as well. Most notably #advicecolumn and #musicbot

M

Misu

We have also xyzzy channel for playing cards against humanity with the members. Its very fun. :3

R

renex

I was going to join but then I figured it would be a massive time sink so I just left. But it would have been fun, I use discord everyday for other things.

G

Guest User

There's many more channels than the ones listed as well. Most notably #advicecolumn and #musicbot
And #info and #creative and #gamedev and #discord-discussion and #newb-landing and #room1 and #room2

hippyman

Then I guess I just don't get approved by the masters. :/ I still haven't been added in. Kind of bummed. I thought I was a decent member of the community

M

MikeDark_x

Then I guess I just don't get approved by the masters. :/ I still haven't been added in. Kind of bummed. I thought I was a decent member of the community
You have to message a chat mod in here to enter...

S

squarebit

You guys need to set your link to never expire so that more people can join...
It doesn't expire however we have now removed the link because of a large amount of spam hitting the server... get in touch with a buddy on the server to get on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
M

Misu

We have a channel now for GMC Jam related stuff. You can chat with anyone who are participating or discuss anything related to this month's jam.

Anyone who wants in must PM me or anyone from this chat community to join the server.

M

Misu

We have approximately 50 active users in this chat server daily. Good place, and super friendly.

RekNepZ

GMC Historian
It's also now called "GMC:D". Roy may want to change the topic title.

Edit: Dumb emotes. it's G M C : D

M

Misu

Since now our link is public again, we are inviting anyone who are gmc members to come in and join the GMC Jam channel in our server. Feel free to join amd chat with everyone who will be participating in the Jam and feel free to discuss anything Jam related there! :)

Last edited:
R

Reaxgrim

The gm discord still a thing? links expired. wouldn't mind an active link pm'ed to me so i can join. normally have discord on another monitor for other things so why not :)

M

Misu

Bumping this for a certain reason

PS: for invite link, please PM me

M

Misu

Bumping this ... Why?

To let everyone know that, from our entire Discord community, we wish you all a Happy Valentines Day!

M

Misu

Guys! Dont you know how to read at all?

Just a Reminder, you have to PM the Staff to get access. Or you can ask me as usual :p
Learn to NOT skim away previous posts or text. Learn to patiently take time to investigate why and how :p

Ninety

@Misu, the OP has a link which is dead. I think you can find it in yourself to understand if _Why didn't read the entire topic before posting.

EDIT: Also @roytheshort can you update the OP to reflect this?

I've been waiting since Tuesday to get access to the other channels, but I've gotten no response.

ElectroMan

Jack of All Shades
Yep.

[edit]
@Lukasmah - Was chatting with Tsuka on there for a bit. Apparently it is a closed group. Have fun with all 5 of you. :p
I'd cut on the passive-aggression. If the act of getting accepted is so easy even some 100 odd people could get approved then there's virtually no excuse to be wilfully ignorant on how the process works. The #info (or equivalent) channel does more than enough to facilitate access. Whining about your own shortcomings is not the mature way of dealing with it.

kburkhart84

Firehammer Games
I don't know about now, but when I joined I had no issues. I PM'ed Tsuka here and bam, there I was, didn't have that long of a chat. And I'd say it is FAR from a closed community of 5 considering there are over 40 members(whether all are active or not is another story...). I just avoid the discussions I'm not interested in, like all the political crap, etc... and I'm good.

Mercerenies

"The good channel" = has about ten people
"The jumping through hoops channel" = has upwards of fifty

I don't know why Tsuka didn't reply to you when you asked for entry, but based on what you've said here I don't think you'll be getting in now, given your attitude toward the people of this community (who are also the people of that community)

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
Not that I really give a sh!t anyway. The whole thing would just be another time sink for me.
Maybe @TsukaYuriko wants to chime in on what the f*ck is going on with this channel??
Hmmm... Don't try and avoid the language filters like that please... Family friendly forum, etc... And I confess to thinking that you probably wouldn't fit in on the chat given the attitude shown... So probs for the best that you don't give a ****. :p

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
But what about the dozen other people. They outcasts too? Just saying...
No idea, tbh... I'm not that active on the chat so don't really know what the state of play is there. Keep in mind that we're all human and it may be that Tsuka simply has a lot on their plate right now and can't attend to internet stuff.

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
@Lonewolff : Discrimination on the forums will not be tolerated. However, neither YYG nor me run the discord chat and it completely separate from the forums in every way, so if you feel that they have discriminated against by them then you must take it up with them not us. This topic shows no discrimination, so it's fine.

Ninety

Wait Lonewolff, I thought you didn't care for this Discord or the boring people in it and found a wayyyy better one anyway?

S

squarebit

Hi,

I am the admin of the discord server in question. We have a simple vetting process to approve new members, due to some problems in the past. The only thing you can see as a fresh join is the rules post, which also explains how to get approved for a member role (it's very simple). We have set it up this way to guarantee that people actually read the rules, and actually want to be a part of the community rather than just pop in once and lose interest. If you can't take 30 seconds to read the rules, you're probably not a good fit anyway. It's sort of an automatic filter, with the end goal being active members, and less babysitting for the moderators.

The 80+ people who actually read the rules and the short instructions are all on the server.
@Lonewolff, You didn't read the rules and/or instructions, so you're not on the server... it's not more to it than that.
Based on your tantrum you threw here (I saw your profile posts that you deleted, too) you don't need to re-apply.

Thanks.

M

Misu

Its not a bad chat. We have more than 80 people there online and all users are the good kind. Just like Daniel says, we have a filter (or what I usually call it, a security access) that prevents bad users into joining the forum. And like Daniel says, it only takes to read the rules for real in order to get in. To bad after attempting several times, there is no way of being able to join afterwards.

There is always Royland though!