• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

The Forum Map

G

Guest User

The Forum Map
LINK HERE
Hit the link and choose Additions - "Add Marker - Simple", in 'Entry Name' type your username (unless you want to remain anonymous) and of course, make sure you put in your location. Then hit 'Submit'.
Eventually we'll get a pretty nice demographic, and it'll be interesting to see where the people of the GMC are~

Please don't include very specific whereabouts such as your direct address, for your own privacy. :3

Last edited by a moderator:

RekNepZ

GMC Historian
Sounds cool. Can't wait to see.

Kentucky here! If you need to be more specific, Lexington is probably close enough.

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
I'm sure we had this on the old GMC, but it was simply a URL for a map where people could pin where they're from on it and leave a message. If you were to do THAT then you'd get a better response than asking people to give that information here...

L

Latté

I live in the southeastern United States.
Even though I know nobody here is going to somehow figure out my exact address and send me junk mail or something, I'd still rather not specify the state.

Also, Nocturne has a good point.

G

Guest User

I had no idea of such a thing =o
Let me see if I can set that up.

G

Guest User

Here we are.
Hit the link and choose Additions - "Add Marker - Simple", in 'Entry Name' type your username (unless you want to remain anonymous) and of course, make sure you put in your location. Then hit 'Submit'.

RekNepZ, Roa and Latté's markers are in already.

G

Guest User

Spain sounds interesting. =P

Just thought, is this topic more applicable to Off Topic or Community Chat? Should it be moved to the latter?

hippyman

Just letting you know that it looks like anybody can just go in and change the markers to whatever they want.

G

Guest User

You can see Bikkie's exact location! To bad this wasn't a hybrid street level map so you could see just how ghetto my town really is! Bring on the stalkers! :D
Seems wise.

Can someone confirm that they are not able to delete markers (EDIT: or edit map settings)? I think you should no longer be able to now.

To try to edit settings: Map Menu > Settings
To try to delete a marker: Click on a marker > lower rightmost trashcan icon

Don't worry if you delete a marker by mistake, just lemme know which it was.

G

GhostlyFeline

Added mine. Not a lot of people in the northeast US so far.

G

Guest User

Map update: Everything is working as it should. Normal members can add markers and not change or remove them without the link it gives you when you add it. (If you lose your marker link, just message me, and I'll change or remove it for you).

Currently, me and Noc have admin permissions. Some of you people who pinpointed yourself earlier on might as well; because you joined while the default new IP rank was Admin; I set the new default rank to Member by specifying an admin key:

The map system is IP-based as far as I can tell; your role is assigned to your IP address. By default, new IP addresses will have the 'Member' rank, which can add new markers but not change or delete any markers. [You can change or delete your own markers with the link it gives you when you add it as mentioned above.]
There's a certain 'admin key' that you can enter by clicking on Map > Settings which I have that will give whatever IP you're on Admin rank if entered.

Hope that all makes sense? That's what I can make of it so far.

R

roytheshort

The nearest GMCer to me is one flight away. Woo. I can do nothing with this!

L

Law

According to this, Roy lives in Jersey? No way is that true, like 8 people live on Jersey and I'm pretty confident they don't have internet. Probably haven't even discovered electricity yet the poor isolated buggers.

T

Tselmek

I seem to be the first from France. Come on guys, don't tell I'm the only baguette eater around.

2Create

The nearest GMCer to me is 700km away ;-;
I seem to be the closest of the people who added themselves on the map now, at about 590km. I'm pretty sure we have some German forumers, though.
The closest forumer to me right now is Cantavanda, but that might well change.

G

Guest User

According to this, Roy lives in Jersey? No way is that true, like 8 people live on Jersey and I'm pretty confident they don't have internet. Probably haven't even discovered electricity yet the poor isolated buggers.
Well, it is Roy. Who knows?
EDIT: Oookaaayyy, don't think you'll be getting visitors, Hippyman.

G

Guest User

I could probably visit Forester with like, 45 minutes of plane?
EDIT: It's only 12 hours of drive at that.

G

Guest User

Should I remove spam markers completely or leave them as long as they don't get out of hand?

R

roytheshort

I just noticed Yokcos is a flight away and Lawsome is a flight and a train away. You two should be afraid.

Reactions: Law
R

roytheshort

Hey if you're ever in the UK and want to get a pint I'd totally be up for that.

If you're going to dress as a clown and murder me in my sleep I might be less enthusiastic.
Well, you said "might", so that means "yes".

Reactions: Law