Introduce Yourself

W

WildRoosterGFX

Hey guys,

Im back again on the new forums (Probably not new now, But it took me awhile to find these),
I was also called mAnIk800 on the old forums and am a vector artist,
looking forward to getting back into the community and meeting new like minded peoples :D

C

ColtonPhillips

My names Colton I'm 27. I'm not working on games right now, but I'm doing art with my boss Keith. He's getting me to design his book in InDesign. Check out his website. http://laughinghand.com/displaypage9.html I've been using game maker for many years.
Canada
Worked on Roly Poly Picnic and Splurgle and various gremlin games
other things: I play guitar and do lets plays

lahand1.gif

T

Tyler Logsdon

Username: Tyler Logsdon
Old GMC Username: bubbalogsdon, Beasty244, chocolate_lab97
Other usernames from past and present:

Name: Tyler Logsdon
Where you're from: Illinois
How long you've been using Game Maker: 5-6 years
Any cool games you've made: none lol
Personality Type: INFP

Other things about yourself: uhh

C

ChimaereJade

Username: ChimaereJade
Old GMC Username: -
Other usernames from past and present: DrunkenMonkey

Name: Mr. Nobody
Where you're from: Germany
How long you've been using Game Maker: about a few months (more or less active, comming from 10 years RPG Maker)
Any cool games you've made: The tutorialgame! :D
Personality Type: INFJ-A The Advocate

Other things about yourself: I like to cook and eat - and I love good cider!

Last edited by a moderator:
Q

Quailfail

Hello everyone, very nice to meet you.

Username:
Quailfail
Other: Borzoifeet
Game Maker Use: Made a few poor arcade-like works 5+ years ago and didn't pick it up again until recently. Re-learning a lot of things.
Other Games: The only one I have online is an IF game. A rough draft is finished if anyone is curious. As for what I'm working on now...
Where I Live: Out in the woods where it's not uncommon to lose power for weeks at a time.
Personality:
INFP-t
Other things about yourself: Animates (poorly), loves dancing, enjoys comics+animation from all over the world and helping others with plot holes.

M

midori_margatroid

Hey everybody! Nice to see this community thrilling, my username is midori_margatroid, formerly known as Daniel9999999. My name is Daniel but you can call me Middy or Midori or something, I'm from Chile, 22 years old as of now. I've been using Game Maker since it was Version 7.. Long time ago from 2007, wow it's been ten years.. I haven't really made anything spectacular (or that doesn't make me cringe), last projects that were finished were this old Space Shooter named MARS and a project titled Daniel's Land that got canned due to loss of source code. I guess you could say I'm fairly grumpy when there's nothing to do, but I usually fill these gaps working on my game. Hopefully this time around I might have something to show.

J

James Maxwell

Name: James
How long you've been using Game Maker: Roughly 1 year

Howdy! I'm James. I've been lurking on the site for roughly a year and I finally made an account and I'm happy to be a part of the community.

I

Instrus

Username: Instrus
Name: Dakota
Where you're from: Earth
How long you've been using Game Maker: 4 years, still not any good lol.
Any cool games you've made: None really.

Personality Type: INTP

Other things about yourself: Live in the middle of no where. Looking to find other people who enjoy GMS as much as I do.
Like Doctor Who, Star Trek and Walking Dead.

G

Ggd07

Username: Ggd07
Old GMC Username: Ggd07
Other usernames from past and present: Ggd07

Name: Georgi
Where you're from: Bulgaria
How long you've been using Game Maker: 16 Years, since 2001? Not constantly though.
Any cool games you've made: Nook Ball , Flitty Birds
Personality Type: ARCHITECT (INTJ-T)

Other things about yourself:

I hate injustice. I am video game collector and avid gamer.

JimB

Username: JimB
Old GMC Username:

Name:Jim B
How long you've been using Game Maker: a very short while,I'm trying to learn to program
Any cool games you've made:

Personality Type: stable

Other things about yourself: I like 3D modelling/sculpting

H

Hina Smith

Ello folks, I'm Beli_Mawrr. I used to be called AirmanEpic and Elfdud7 for anyone who remembers back in to the ORIGINAL yygf.

My real name is classified but it'll probably come up if you search hard enough for it.
I's from California
Been using Gamemaker for 10 or so years, but haven't really used it in a while.
Haven't made any cool games really, but I can and do make half-games with multiplayer and all that.

Personality type: Grumpy

Other things: spent over 24 hours of coding making a replacement forum, I'm happy/sad that we have a real forum now.

I also do 3D modelling, so if you need it for your 3D game, contact me.
k,

R

Rin-Rin

Username: Rin-Rin
Name: Rin
Where you're from: Sweden
How long you've been using Game Maker: ....eh. 22 days since I bought it. (GM2)
Any cool games you've made: None yet, I'm still studying tutorials. I know HTML and CSS but not much about game programming languages.
Personality Type: INFJ-T ....at the moment. I always get different types depending on the wordings of the tests and my mood when I take them.
Other things about yourself: During my precious free time from work I do a lot of stuff. I write (publishing a LGBTQ novella next year), I read (mostly fantasy) and I play games. Mostly JRPG, MMORPG, MOBA, tower defense and table top games....like MTG, Pandemic and so on...I also draw (mostly asian inspired) and watch movies and youtube.

D

David Montgomery-Blake

Name: David Montgomery-Blake
Where you're from: Originally, Pocatello, ID. But now I'm in Las Vegas and hope to be forever. I love this city.
How long you've been using Game Maker: Somewhere around 13-15 years, off and on.
Any cool games you've made: My team created Infinium Strike (available on Steam) and BattleCursed (soon to be on Early Access).
Personality Type: INFP-T

Other things about yourself: I work at UNLV and work with the team at Codex Worlds on marketing and publishing. We are on-schedule to release BattleCursed soon. Other than that, I've worked for GarageGames and had my hands in just about every indie and professional engine over the last several years. But really, I like hanging out with my wife and puppies and creating fun and interesting prototypes. Sometimes they lead places, most of the time they're fun toys that lead nowhere.

Y

Yilly

Name: Yilly

How long you've been using Game Maker:

I played around with game maker for a couple of years before deciding to join the forums (a few minutes ago) to ask some questions. So get ready for it guys! :p

I made a lot of unfinished games if those count! I'd show some animations of some of them just for fun, but the forums don't let me post links until I make 5 posts...

Personality Type:

According to the test, I'm: ADVOCATE (INFJ-T) apparently. There doesn't seem to be anyone on these forums that's not introverted, haha. I guess that's why we're all on the forums!

I'm very adventurous! But when I can't go on adventures, I adventure in video games and books!

P

PlayersGarden

Name: Jurik
Where you're from: border of Berlin / Germany
How long you've been using Game Maker: I want to buy it today
Any cool games you've made: just my blacksmiths prototype for web at my playersgarden webpage
Personality Type: ENTJ (Myers Briggs)

Other things about yourself: I love games and in my spare time I am developing them. Many prototypes so far, nothing really finished - but things will change :)

T

T. Shawn Johnson

Username: T. Shawn Johnson
Old GMC Username: T. Shawn Johnson - or maybe Whystler - unsure !

Name: T. Shawn Johnson
Where you're from: Ontario, Canada

I use GameMaker less than once a year. I would love to have the time I once had to focus on it more strongly. So I am a born again newbie every now and again. I started a game a year and a half ago-ish? And then perhaps 3 years or so again, I started a previous game with a similar structure.

I've been involved in a lot of game design, mostly in the art asset department. I've been at this, with some specializing in virtual world building, since 1998. I used to make 3d files before there was software to make them, by defining vertices, lines, polygons, and solids hand typed into an rwx file. I graduated from the University of Guelph in 1992 with a degree in fine and art and music. That was a time when the web was new, and strange, and text lol. So I dabbled a fair bit with MUDs and the like early on with their pseudo coding environments even before i was focussed on game art.

H

Hemi Soolin

Hi all,

Username: Hemi Soolin

Where you're from: UK

How long you've been using Game Maker: 2 weeks - started with demo to see if I could use it first, then upgraded.
Any cool games you've made: None yet, but have a small game in the making - hence buying GameMaker Studio.

Personality Type
: Calm & patient.

Other things about yourself: Been playing computer games since the days of the ZX-81 :)

(Thought I did this already, wow lol how rude huh)

Name: Daye
Just got into GameMaker, been using Flash for awhile but I'm mostly a Music Producer/Sound Composer, released a couple of beat tapes, put a hold on Game Dev & Music to focus on writing Novels, which are being ironed out by great editors with stronger & cleaner grammar skills than I.

NYC born, an addict for 90s RPGs & burritos. Yasumi Matsuno & Warren Spector are godly inspirations to everything I write & design.

D

Donnie G. Booth

Username: Donnie G. Booth
Old GMC Username: Donnie G. Booth
Other usernames from past and present: Donnie G. Booth

Name: Donnie
Where you're from: USA
How long you've been using Game Maker: 10 Years
Personality Type: INTJ-T

J

John Alex

John Alex
Want to make a game like hitman or my fav... John Wick....

S

ShiEksdee

Username: ShiEksdee
Old GMC Username: N/A
Other usernames from past and present: N/A

Name: Shi
Female
Age: 31 but most people say I look 12-16 years old. I never get anyone that believes I'm over 20 > n>
Where you're from: USA, Arkansas
How long you've been using Game Maker: 0 minutes.
Any cool games you've made: I've dabbled. Released some RPG Maker/Unity games years ago but.....lost them in computer crash.
Personality Type: I'm usually in the middle of ENTJ and ENFJ. I'm loud, optimistic, very much a leader. I can be overbearing to softer people at times, but generally people find me chill. I don't have a wide range of emotion. I'm happy and peppy pretty much always. It's hard to empathize but I try. I am ambitious and love to work and learn. People say I make a good project leader. My personality is very very static. I've been the same person my whole life no matter what obstacles are thrown at me.

Other things about yourself: Wanted to learn game designing since I was about 2 years old. Never really got the full chance due to being hit with a crippling disability right before I was off to game design college. Thought I'd try again since I'm just now getting my disability to be somewhat manageable. Never to late to start, in my opinion.

My favorite game genres are RPG, MMORPG, and Horror, although I'm a heavy gamer and am a fan of most types. My favorite game overall is Star Ocean: The Second Story.

F

Fwolf12

Username: Fwolf12
Previous GMC username: None
other usernames from past and present: none
Time using gamemaker: a couple of weeks

Name: Felix Wolf
Where your from: USA, CA
Any Cool games you have made: None, but working on my first
Personality: very laid back and chill most of the time.
other things about yourself: wanted to be a game developer for a long time and I never got the chance because I never knew about the engines or really bothered to look into them until recently. I hope to someday become a great developer and make games that people love to play and that I feel have a meaning in my life.
My favorite Game genres are Strategy, Simulation, Management games and am a hardcore gamer to the point where I don't go out much of the time and leave myself to sit in the house either playing games or designing my game when not in school or at work. My favorite all time game is (oh man now thats a tough one because I have a lot of favorite games) But if I had to choose one then I guess I would go with the Ghost Recon Series of games.

V

ViTheGhost

Hello, my name is Victoria, but you can call me Vi for short. I am a 19-year-old trans girl from Alabama, who makes dumb art stuff and occasionally opens GameMaker. I obviously can't add links to my posts because of the spam filter used by this website, but my username on pretty much everything is ViTheGhost, so if I have something, that's probably what you'll be using to find me.

I made games such as Examining Shy Potato, CMPLY, and a few other things that we don't talk about, under a different name that I am largely abandoning for personal reasons. I'd love to make new pals, so shoot me a message or something and we can chit-chat.

E

Ell

Name: Elliot Robertson.
Where you're from: Manchester, England.
How long you've been using Game Maker: Roughly 10 years.
Any cool games you've made: Mainly short demos and arcade games; nothing big as of yet.

Other things about yourself: I am currently a software developer working in the utility industry in the UK; I've used GM since I was very young and have always wanted to create my own RPG in the mould of FFVII.

M

Maria Love

Username: chiviouslove
Old GMC Username: chiviouslove

Name: Maria
How long you've been using Game Maker: Newbie :D

P

P-Star7

Hello there! I am P-Star7, who is the maker of "Hello Tux Engine". I joined this forum to gain feedback and help for this open-source graphics project. Obviously I can't make a topic for it yet, but I am excited to share it soon.

R

Razvan93

Hey Guys

Nice to meet you. I'm based in Berlin and I am new to using Gamemaker.

C

Crimson Flames

Username:
Crimson_Flames
The_Red_Wolf, Alpha_Wolf, Howloftheredwolf, flame_wolf, Ruby_Flames
Name:
That's classified. :) However, somebody could probably find out if they really wanted to.
Where you're from:
Elura
Uhhh.. not sure. I started sometime last year.
None yet. I'm currently working on a game called Codex Legend
Personality Type:
Awesome
I am absolute Undertrash. To be honest, Undertale is actually what got me started with Gamemaker. It showed me that you don't have to be a coding wizard in order to make something cool- all you need is a good idea, some time, and a lot of determination

S

ShadeTheNarwhal

Sup. The name's Shade.

Username: ShadeTheNarwhal.
Old GMC Username: Never had one.
Other usernames from past and present: I occasionally go by Shade or Shade The Pony Fan of Wisdom.

Name: Shade.
Where you're from: Canada, yo.
How long you've been using Game Maker: I am not currently using Game Maker, but my friend forced me to get an account.
Any cool games you've made: I'm currently developing a fangame with my friend called Nerd Quest, which is like Pokémon with fandoms.
Personality Type: ENFJ, -A/-T.

Other things about yourself: I like memes, nerdy stuff and rusty spoons. Also, I usually place references to things in regular speech.

I

iconoclasta

Oh well, why not?
I'm Daniel, aka iconoclasta.
I'm a Digital Designer from Brazil, 10+ yrs working with web, mobile and print. Worked on a couple of VERY SILLY Unity games for Android, so silly it isn't worth to mention it here.
I'm working (writting actually) on a couple of projects that I intend to do on GM/GM2, but first I feel I need to improve a lot my knowledge here.
Feel free to bump my online portfolio's analytics on www.iconoclasta.com.br

Thx!

M

Martin_CaronStudios

Username: Martin_CaronStudios

Name:
Martin
Where you're from:
Bratislava, Slovakia
almost 3 years
SAM Commander Arena

Wish I had more time to make games.

L

LM_anthony

Hey Guys,

Name: Anthony
Where you're from: California, USA
How long you've been using Game Maker: About 2 years
Any cool games you've made: Lil Tanks

Other things about yourself: Huge fan of the Houston Astros, Batman and Nintendo 64.

R

Razvan93

Name: Razvan
Where: Berlin
How Long you've been using gamemaker? : almost a year

G

Greys0n

hi my name is Jade, it's great to become a member of this community :)

L

linhthu0705

Hello everyone,

My name is Linh. I come from Los Angeles USA and I am 25 years old.
I've been using Game Maker for 4 years and it's really great. It makes me excited with html5 games.
Actually, I have not created any "cool" games with Game Maker, except some mini games. (a bid sad ^^). However, Game Maker is really good thing. I learn a lot things about html5 games from it.

• Recently I'm building some websites to host my favorite games. I do not have much time for this, I just do it in free time. I like running games like Templerun 2. It is very famous game. While I searched for running games, I found a similar to TempleRun game. It's cool!. I would also recommend to everyone here. It's called "Run 3". You may know it or you may find it as a strange name. However I am sure that you will love it like me. You can play it here: https://run3.co.
  • Is there anyone loving Running games like me?

Username: Tomas Delgado
Old GMC Username:
This is my first one D:
Other usernames from past and present: Well I'm also known as Miaut

Name:
Tomas Delgado
Where you're from: Mexico
How long you've been using Game Maker: 8 Months
Any cool games you've made: Just replicas of old RPGs like Lufia 2
Personality Type:
I dunno, probably really nice :D

Studying game programming right now, I feel pretty happy with how its going :)

R

RedRedRed

Hi everyone, my name's Renda. Hmm...I'm called Red in real life, I didn't know that the thing you used on your sign up became your profile name.
Well...I guess that's that. If there's anyone who can point me to where I can change it, that'd be great.

Anyway, I've been around gamedev a lot, working as an animator and designer, I haven't touched code that much, so I'm having Game Maker as my go to engine. Hoping to have a great time in this community.

Name: Red
Where you're from: Japan (for job)
How long you've been using Game Maker: i've been around people who worked with it, and animated for it. barely coded though.
Any cool games you've made: Some contractual FB games, Assets for RPG maker games, lots of failed startups.
Personality Type: INTJ

Other things about yourself: I cook.

F

Fenix

Hi everyone,

I'm Fenix, 42 years, and I am from Germany.

I have quite a few programming experiences from my C64 and AMIGA times :) Back then I mostly used assembler and basic and a little C. And yes I used to count clock cycles and bytes :-D On the PC I use PureBasic and VBA (as I use it at my work place) for rapid development.

I have no experience with GameMakerStudio or any other rapid game developing suites.

Games were never developed by me but I got one of my programs published by Fred Fish (r.i.p.) on his glorious AmigaLibDisks.

I like to cook, watch planets and deep sky objects with my telescope (I'm generally into astronomy and cosmology), collect old gaming hardware (I'm a proud owner of a fully working mint condition C64 "laptop" *g*). Also I'm into history and sciences in general. And: yeah I know I'm a nerd :-D

CU,
Fenix

J

J Dynan

Username: J Dynan
Main screen nick: exileNPC

Name: Jamie
Where you're from: Scotland, UK
How long you've been using Game Maker: Not long!
Any cool games you've made: Nope
Personality Type: Protagonist

Other things about yourself: I'm just kinda chill really :)

H

HolyBiscuit69

Name: HolyBiscuit69 [not my real name].

Where you're from: I've been living in Ireland for the past 15 years.
How long you've been using Game Maker: I'm pretty new to GameMaker as it was a requirement for the Game Development course I'm taking. I've been using GameMaker for a couple of months now and it's been a pretty fun experience.
Any cool games you've made: Nothing that I made from my own will.
Personality Type: Dunno. Maybe lazy with an occasional burst of motivation.
Other things about yourself: Dunno.

Y

yaida91

Username: Yaida
Old GMC Username:

Name: Min Wook Oh
Where you're from: South Korea
How long you've been using Game Maker: ~1 year
Any cool games you've made: Nothing yet
Personality Type: INFP-t

Other things about yourself: I'm not good at english. I am a college student living in South Korea. But I can communicate with you. With the help of Google.

M

Mr Ed

Name: Ed.
Where you're from: Australia, via the UK, and the USA.
How long you've been using Game Maker: About a week.
Any cool games you've made: A bunch of 90% done stuff dating back to the ZX Spectrum.
Personality Type: Someone who never gets around to finishing things, clearly!

Other things about yourself: Here's a shot of my first attempt with GameMaker; an arena battler for up to 4 players, split screen, with controller support. Just collect the most apples, whilst ... err ... kicking people that get in your way. Featuring art by the very awesome and generous Kenney.nl

Y

Yoflaines

Username: Yoflaines
Past Gmc names: None
Past usernames: Maybe Gragus on u play and some other bull💩💩💩💩 names I used to use when i was younger

Name: Johannes Stopczyk
Where you're from: Sweden
How long have you been using Game maker: Well I've had it for about a year, haven't dont to much in it though
Cool game you've made: HA, none, as I said I haven't been so active but I've started to create stuff.

G

GameMaking_Pleb'n'Noob

Edit: I've had a bunch of usernames but if anyone is interested and plays WarFrame, my username on that game is x_WarFrame_Lasagna_Boy_x
(yes I know it's a weird username but lol I kept getting the "Username taken" thing.

S

Spacename

Username: Spacename
Old GMC Username: n/a
Other usernames from past and present: n/a

Name: Eric B.
Where you're from: New York
How long you've been using Game Maker: a couple days in spare time. I have used 12+ engines wince 2003.
Any cool games you've made: GameMaker; "0" .. other engines; "18" or so.. but 'cool' ones..idk..maybe "-4" ? lol.
Personality Type: intellectual ? or is this type A/B ? ..anyhow.. I'mm from NY, so; Sarcasm is in the blood..and I'm part Irish so make that 'sarcasm with wit.

Other things about yourself: Golf is fun. Normal sheeple make me (head+desk)*n.

Nice to meet you all.. and let me say that I really like seeing that this place
does have some serious/veteran developers. I think I will find GameMaker to be more interesting each day. ;)

D

Disruptor

Hi, I'm Disruptor; 10+ years working professionally as a programmer and long time GameMaker user probably since GM4 or sooner. Had an old GMC account, this may be a rehash as my logo came across. Look forward to some good times and better c0d3; happy coding every1!

W

wozzlewuzzle

Name: Ryan
Where Your From: California, Salinas
How Long You've been using GameMaker: bout 20 hours or so, only for school projects
Game: A very bad asteroids clone (that I didn't publish) called Space Age
Personality Type: Curious, Lazy