• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

iOS iOS IPv6 App Store rejection - achievements

D

Drewster

Hi All,

After achievement_available() became broken (see https://forum.yoyogames.com/index.php?threads/achievement_login-failing.14332/#post-95898 for details), I changed my code to something like this. Forgive me if this is wrong, as I'm typing this from memory:
Code:
if (os_is_network_connected())
    if (achievement_login_status()) {
        achievement_show_leaderboards();
    }
This seemed to work correctly, but today I got an iOS update rejected by App Review stating that my achievements button was non-functional on an iPad running iOS 10.2.1 with WIFI connected with IPv6, so they are calling it an IPv6 compatibility issue. The release notes for GMS 1.4.1760 say that something with IPv6 was fixed, and this was built under 1.4.1763, so I would assume that's still okay.

Anyone else had any similar issues? Or have a resolution?[/code]

tjuven

Hi!
I just got my app rejected due to the same error - IPv6 compatibility issue.
Apparently my game crashes on launch at their end, nothing I've seen myself or on any of the test devices, non of my testflight testers have seen this issue either.
GameMaker version 1.4.1.763

I use Admob to serve interstitials and looking through the crash log I can see that's where it's crashing.
Have you found a solution to your problem?

Code:
Exception Type:  EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Subtype: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x00000002aa8bbec8
Termination Signal: Segmentation fault: 11
Termination Reason: Namespace SIGNAL, Code 0xb
Terminating Process: exc handler [0]
Triggered by Thread:  0

Filtered syslog:
None found

Thread 0 name:  Dispatch queue: com.google.admob.Clearcut
Thread 0 Crashed:

tjuven

My issue is now resolved. After rejection I submitted my game again, without any changes from my part, and the game got approved.

T

Tamakun23

I've just received the same error from iTunes Connect -- I've asked them to confirm that they can purchase my IAP using IPv4 to confirm that it's not just my code. I'll be doing some more testing later (I don't know if I have an IPv6 router at home so it may be hard to debug!)

rIKmAN

I've just received the same error from iTunes Connect -- I've asked them to confirm that they can purchase my IAP using IPv4 to confirm that it's not just my code. I'll be doing some more testing later (I don't know if I have an IPv6 router at home so it may be hard to debug!)
Did you read what the guy above you said, or are you just copy pasting the same text into multiple threads?

This may not be a GMS issue based on what @tjuven has said.