• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

sandbox.yoyogames.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Blakkid489

Does anybody else miss that site? It was the first place I found when looking into game design back in 2008. Mark Overmars (How is he by the way) I guess was the original developer for the engine and the site was packed with games that were mainly game maker projects. I found myself checking that site often for games so I can learn from them. I wasn't even looking at tutorials at the time. The site itself really grabbed my mind at collaborating with other developers who used the same engine.

So Yoyo,
What do you guys say about making a new sandbox? Not that there isn't other sites to publish and the game maker player is nice in a sense, but WIP projects and other alphas are perfect for that idea. Yes itchio is cool, gamejolt is. . . . meh, indieDB is solid, but I miss having what those sites have but primarily game maker engines. Like customizable game pages (minus gamejolt).

Since that site closed down I ended up here. . . . .well gmc.yoyogames.com. Again not bashing the forum or the GM Player, just thought I give you an idea I had bugging me

RekNepZ

GMC Historian
I've been wanting this too. Unfortunately, it seems people are more interested in making profit than just having fun with game design nowadays. :(

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
There's no need for a site like the sandbox anymore, what with sites like itch.io and GameJolt around, so having YYG recreate the sandbox is not really a good idea and isn't going to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.