• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Legacy GM GMS Version 1.4.1763

silentworks

Hello again,

I would like to know what is the correct way of reporting a bug or at least getting an answer for a problem.
I have reported my issue in this thread, also in the General community tech support, I have reported a bug using the http://www.yoyogames.com/support/bug link.
I understand there are other bugs and issues, but I didn't even get an email or any feedback, that the problem is properly reported or someone is aware of it.

I am not complaining but in the last two years I worked hard to built my user base, having a daily 800+ downloads and a total of 700 000 players.
The latest version totally screwed up my app. I had to update it due to the libpng fix, but is seems there are a very serious issue with permissions, so I had to cancel one of my app, cutting down my revenue instantly.

I know I am not the only one who has issues, and there are important stuff, but this is not funny losing my users and revenue due to a stupid bug.

chmod777

I have reported my issue in this thread, also in the General community tech support, I have reported a bug using the http://www.yoyogames.com/support/bug link.
I understand there are other bugs and issues, but I didn't even get an email or any feedback, that the problem is properly reported or someone is aware of it.
Same here, I've opened a bug ticket a month ago and I'm still waiting for an answer. Bug fixes were already slow and this won't be better now YoYo has to work on GM:Studio 2.

0uille

Hi m8,
Look at my other post (bottom) for a little hack

Last edited by a moderator:

0uille

Hi m8,
I ve also a black screen on every exported html5 physic game.
But I ve found a little hack that work for me.
There are a lots of mistakes in the generated js file. (Uncaugh reference error)
If u comment the suspect var (whish is spoted has error),
the game is working.

I ve made screenshots of the hack

P.S.: This was a little glitchy, because, if u uncomment that again, It seems to work (F5 to refresh the cash) :s

Attachments

Hey y'all, anybody had any trouble with ios/android leaderboards using yyc? Using regular compiling, I have no problems connecting, but with YYC, "achievement_available()" always returns false.

Game Center and Google Play connect fine, as the "Hello User" popdown shows on game start, but just the leaderboards and achievements seem to be unresponsive. No errors as far as I can see shown in the console.

(Thread about this here: https://forum.yoyogames.com/index.p...-achievement-to-gamecenter-with-yyc-app.5139/)

D

DemonStoat

Yeah, I have a very odd bug that prevents me from unloading a 3D model from memory using the d3d_model_destroy command, my GM project had always worked in previous versions. The model shows up fine, so do the textures but the moment I try to unload its data windows 10 comes with an error saying that the program crashed unexpectedly. So yeah, I don't know what has been changed in this version but it aint good. =/

Tried everything I could, changing the object's depth, running with software vertex processing, changing the creation order (although that seems to fix it for a single try but the next time I restart the exact same game without changing anything it crashes for the exact same unknown reason), also tried loading a different model, nothing works or it doesn't work for long. I even tried adding keyboard commands for clearing the model data to see what GameMaker does but I constantly get the 'program shutdown' crash message, GameMaker doesn't even come with its own window telling me that the model is missing, windows simply terminates it on any attempted unload.

I'm working on a laptop/notebook, so maybe that could've caused the problem but else I may try and revert to a previous (stable) version of GameMaker Studio.

The model was exported using GMModelFix.

This is my setup:
# Creation Event:
Code:
TESTMODEL = d3d_model_create();
d3d_model_load(TESTMODEL,"world\WRLDTST.d3d");
model_tex = sprite_get_texture(spr_wrld_test,0);
z=0;
# Room End:
Code:
///Unload Model data from memory
d3d_model_destroy(TESTMODEL);
# Draw Event:
Code:
d3d_model_draw(TESTMODEL,0,0,0,model_tex);
I don't see other people who are experiencing similar issues so I don't know if this is simply an error on my part, then again: like I've already said, it worked in a previous version which I find oddly strange, so I'm reporting it just in case.

EDIT: I also wish to inform that I'm using the Steam version of: 1.4.1763

EDIT#2: Went back to version 1.4.1757 and the error is completely gone in that version, so it's definitely something in 1.4.1763 that's causing this crash.

of Draw Event
for object polyTerrain:

REAL argument incorrect type 3
############################################################################################
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
called from - gml_Script_draw_polyterrain (line 4)
called from - gml_Object_polyTerrain_Draw_0 (line 15)

Fails at an if statement
Code:
if( texture_id != -1){
texture_id is set to -1 on create. Afterwards it is set to sprite_get_texture().
Worked in previous versions both YYC and non-YYC. Now I get that error in this version only YYC. Works without YYC.
I'll try to create a project to recreate the error.

Lewa

Also experience very weird bugs (one of them is driving me nuts.)
First of, splash screen doesn't work. No matter if i enable or disable it in the global game settings, it never shows up (as if it was disabled.) Works fine on other versions though. (Using Steam version 1.4.1763.)

And this one (oh boy....) For some reason connecting to a server via network_connect_raw while using a non blocking socket, randomly results in failed connectionattempts while the console is getting spammend with those messages.
handshake wait1 0 < 18
handshake wait1 peek 0
handshake wait1 0 < 18
handshake wait1 peek 0
handshake wait1 0 < 18
handshake wait1 peek 0
handshake wait1 0 < 18
handshake wait1 peek 0
handshake wait1 0 < 18
handshake wait1 peek 0
handshake wait1 0 < 18
handshake wait1 peek 0
handshake wait1 0 < 18
handshake wait1 peek 0
handshake wait1 0 < 18
handshake wait1 peek 0
handshake wait1 0 < 18
handshake wait1 peek 0
handshake wait1 0 < 18
handshake wait1 peek 0
handshake wait1 0 < 18
handshake wait1 peek 0
handshake wait1 0 < 18
handshake wait1 peek 0
handshake wait1 0 < 18
handshake wait1 peek 0
handshake wait1 0 < 18
handshake wait1 peek 0
handshake wait1 0 < 18
handshake wait1 peek 0
handshake wait1 0 < 18
handshake wait1 peek 0
handshake wait1 0 < 18
handshake wait1 peek 0
handshake wait1 0 < 18
handshake wait1 peek 0
handshake wait1 0 < 18
handshake wait1 peek 0
handshake wait1 0 < 18
handshake wait1 peek 0
handshake wait1 0 < 18
handshake wait1 peek 0
handshake wait1 0 < 18
handshake wait1 peek 0
handshake wait1 0 < 18
handshake wait1 peek 0
handshake wait1 0 < 18
handshake wait1 peek 0
handshake wait1 0 < 18
handshake wait1 peek 0
and it then results in a timeout. I have to repeat this procedure (sometimes multiple times) until it finally works. (This wasn't the case with the previous stable version.)

To make this even more annoying:
I tried to replicate this bug with a simple example (by connecting a GMS client with a non blocking TCP socket to a simple JAVA server) in order to submit this as a bugreport. And it turns out that it works completely fine on this small example...

And now i'm stuck. I can't submit this as a bugreport with a simple example as it doesn't occur there (for some reason), but this bug does persists in my current game project and i have no ability to debug this...
I tested the exact same code in GMS 1.4.1757 and it works 100% of the time there.

No idea how to proceed further at this point. The problem is that the codebase of the game is so big that it's impossible to track down the cause (whatever it might be. Maybe it's a function which interferes with the networking connection attempt due to a newly introduced bug?)

Last edited:
N

Ninjinister

I'm not fond of it auto-saving every time I do anything. Sometimes I realized I messed up (or was just messing WITH) a lot and I don't want to save it. Now even if I press X to "close" out the object without saving, it saves. I have a lot of code rewriting in my future....

Gamer-15

I also don't like the auto-saving on exit. Sometimes I just made a mistake deleting/changing stuff and then I just want to exit without saving. It should ask if I want to save on exit, not just save all the time.

JacPete

still no update ? i dislike how yoyo handles this case. maybe i switch to another engine if nothing happens cause iam realy getting frustrated about this.

rIKmAN

still no update ? i dislike how yoyo handles this case. maybe i switch to another engine if nothing happens cause iam realy getting frustrated about this.
Staff are posting on the forum, they just seem to be avoiding this thread - I even mentioned them in my post above so they would get an alert.

It's the not knowing / no response that causes the most frustration as nobody knows what is going on, whether the bugs are being worked on and so then can't make any plans themselves.

@ShaunJS is the Community manager but there doesn't seem to be much interaction with the community other than promoting GMS2. Maybe he could update us on what's going on?

I'm not fond of it auto-saving every time I do anything. Sometimes I realized I messed up (or was just messing WITH) a lot and I don't want to save it. Now even if I press X to "close" out the object without saving, it saves. I have a lot of code rewriting in my future....
I also don't like the auto-saving on exit. Sometimes I just made a mistake deleting/changing stuff and then I just want to exit without saving. It should ask if I want to save on exit, not just save all the time.
It is annoying, but if you are making big changes to your project you can "Save As" a different project so you can always go back to the original project if things go pear shaped.

If they are small changes that you want to revert then you could always load the most recent backup from the Backups directory. I would recommend changing the number of backups in the settings to a number bigger than 5 to give yourself some leeway.

N

Ninjinister

It is annoying, but if you are making big changes to your project you can "Save As" a different project so you can always go back to the original project if things go pear shaped.

If they are small changes that you want to revert then you could always load the most recent backup from the Backups directory. I would recommend changing the number of backups in the settings to a number bigger than 5 to give yourself some leeway.
Those seem like awfully inconvenient workarounds to be able to get to something that is some semblance of what was the "default" before.
Would it be too tough to implement the auto-save as an option? Like as a checkbox in preferences?

MaxRock

@JacPete @rIKmAN GMS 1.x is still getting bugs fixed and being maintained, but at a much slower pace. The recent fixes in the internal version are the" "room_goto" functions causing memory leaks" (25th november), "int64s not being able to be divided by any number, or multiplied by a decimal" (24th november), the extension one with passing more than 4 arguments (23rd november), and much more: http://bugs.yoyogames.com/view_all_bug_page.php
Yoyo games seems a bit understaffed (mind you, they are searching for new employees right now), so it's obvious they had to sacrifice some of the time spend on GMS 1.x's to work on GMS 2. I expect them to focus a bit more on GMS 1.x again, after the crunch time. Until then, there's nothing much left than just wait for update, which in my opinion should come out soon~

zbox

GMC Elder
To all those saying things about autosaving, please dear god use Source control/Git. It's not scary, there is an interface version for it, and if you're a student you can get unlimited private repositories for free. If you don't use it currently and read this today please try it out it will be the best thing you've ever done. ;)

ShaunJS

Just Another Dev
GMC Elder
@rIKmAN there is a lot of content in this thread. Which specific issues are you looking for information on and have they been individually reported?

A new release for 1.x is on the way soon, I can't confirm off the top of my head every bug that might or might not have been fixed but if there are things particularly pertinent to given developers I can investigate the status for you. Additional Spine support is the main feature of the next version at the moment.

Minor quirks or bugs beyond any that might have already been fixed for the next version are not going to be fixed from this point as we put that energy into GameMaker Studio 2. But critical blockers will be dealt with.

Apologies if it appears I'm being brief, these forums are big and fast moving, and as you can imagine a lot of my energy is tied up

silentworks

Which specific issues are you looking for information on and have they been individually reported?
@ShaunJS

Others might have different issues, let me start the queue.

I have reported that on Android 6.0 and up the permission handling is buggy. My app should read/write to the SD card, so I added the permissions in the manifest file. It is working below Android 6 as expected, however does not ask for the permission on Android 6 and up, so the app crashes when it tries to access the sd card.

I used http://www.yoyogames.com/support/bug link to report this issue, however there is no feedback, I don't know if it is confirmed or rejected. I can't see it on the mantis list, so I am not sure what is the current situation.
Actually I reported it twice as I thought the first report was lost (there was no feedback).

Can you please give me some instructions how to report it properly or what is the current status of this bug.

Thank you.

S

Spell Power

I have also discovered this black screen error whilst changing versions and export targets whilst trying to find out what my problem was with squashed Spine sprites, where anything I imported from Spine was squashed vertically, and then horizontally once I updated GM and Spine.

It seems that the 'Black Screen' problem is not only specific to physics enabled rooms, as it happens when adding a Spine Sprite as well - but it is specific to v1.4.1763.

I couldn't face going through the uninstall/reinstall process another time to test 1760.

Here are the results of my tests:

GM 1.4.1757
Single Room with 1 Standard Sprite

Windows Export = OK
HTML5 Export = OK

Single Room with 1 Standard Sprite + 1 Spine Sprite
Windows Export = OK
HTML5 Export = OK

GM 1.4.1763
Single Room with 1 Standard Sprite

Windows Export = OK
HTML5 Export = OK

Single Room with 1 Standard Sprite + 1 Spine Sprite
Windows Export = OK
HTML5 Export = BLACK SCREEN
I have a similar/same problem. Using spine animations in HTML5 stops my games from running. My guess is the javascript is wrongly compiled. Hopefully it will get fixed very soon, as I have been waiting a year for one of the html5 bugs to finally be fixed and now this... -_-

Spine also doesn't work with v1.4.1760. (BETA)

A

Arturo

I've just reported a severe bug on Facebook iOS extension:

On iOS 8.x: broken styles on Login form (other forms too) . Text boxes can be somewhat reached but typing is invisible to the user. It doesn't login but I don't know what and where I am typing, so I can't judge if it doesn't login for a mispelled/misplaced input or by extension malfunction. SEVERELY BROKEN

On iOS 9.x: I have to use 'fb_login_forcing_webview' as second parameter to force login form to appear to avoid self login without asking credentials even after logging out. After apparently being Logged in, 'facebook_status' gets a permanent PROCESSING state and only change to AUTHORIZED after a second login. BROKEN but workarounds can be done.

On 10.x: Login form tells me I'm logged in, but status never abandons PROCESSING state. SEVERELY BROKEN.

This can be reproduced simply by using Facebook demo from repository (changing Facebook extension version to 1.2.1)

I'm using GM:S 1.4.1763 and FB Extension 1.2.1

All test were made on iOS Simulators with the exception of an iPhone 4S (iOS 9.2.1).

rIKmAN

I believe the physics issue and maybe Spine issue is fixed in the latest EA.

You guys should give it a go and give some feedback in the EA thread in Tech Support.

T

TheShadow

Does url_open actually work to open a browser under Windows? I can't get it to work using http or https prefixes. It was a bug when 1.4 was first released but that was ages ago.

N

Noele

Does url_open actually work to open a browser under Windows? I can't get it to work using http or https prefixes. It was a bug when 1.4 was first released but that was ages ago.
Reported this after Win10 came out and was advised it was fixed in the next update but it never was, at least not for me. Reported it again but...well I guess it got lost in Mantis and I lost interest perusing it.Sudio2 is out now so don't hold your breath at url_open being fixed.

P

Panlizak

After around 30 times adding a path using path_add and then deleting it using path_delete causes memory leak.

Network_send_udp and room_goto does also cause memory leak.

S

signal

Anything going to be done about the seizure-inducing screen flicker when an android app is opened (when splash screen duration is set to 0 seconds)?

S

signal

Works for me. Sometimes it takes 2 clicks (and then it opens the webpage twice), but most of the time it works on the first click.

A

Arturo

Hi, I'm having a problem related with the already reported linux bug which doesn't allow running games with Full scale windows. Only 'Keep aspect ratio' works.

Well, I can live with that, but derived from that bug I'm having artifacts on the black areas (top and bottom or left and right) of my game since it runs letterboxed. It can be solved by activating 'Clear Display Buffer with Window Color' on room - settings tab, but according to GM documentation you can have some performance boost on mobile platforms by leaving it disabled. Since my game is multiplatform, I don't want to sacrifice performance on my mobile versions. One solution is to have two versions of each room, but I find that solution inefficient. Also, that option is not accessible through code, so I'm forced to manually draw black rectangles on Draw Event, which is not very elegant.

Some suggestions will be appreciated.

A

Arturo

I'll answer myself.

Problem solved by putting draw_clear(c_black) on the pre Draw event, though I haven't tested performance.

D

Diveyoc

Edit:
Removed comments. Apparently I have an issue in my draw event that was causing the issue, not the "visible" command.

Is there a known bug with the visible command? I did a quick search but didn't see anything. Here's the problem I just encountered....deleted.

D

Drewster

Hey y'all, anybody had any trouble with ios/android leaderboards using yyc? Using regular compiling, I have no problems connecting, but with YYC, "achievement_available()" always returns false.

Game Center and Google Play connect fine, as the "Hello User" popdown shows on game start, but just the leaderboards and achievements seem to be unresponsive. No errors as far as I can see shown in the console.

(Thread about this here: https://forum.yoyogames.com/index.p...-achievement-to-gamecenter-with-yyc-app.5139/)
achievement_available() has been broken for some time.
https://forum.yoyogames.com/index.php?threads/achievement_login-failing.14332/#post-95898 for details.

JacPete

dang this update yoyo working is on must be huge or made out of the rarest materials on earth... since it takes longer to finish as the dudes that tried to make duke nukem forever.

F

Fire_Frost

I just started a few months ago, and I been working on a game, but recently I press "Run Game" and nothing happens at all. Please help, I am supposed to present this game for a school club. I just started recently and just dipped my feet into the ocean known as "coding", so I need help, because this is my first time. So help. I am using GM Standard 1.4.1763. Thank you for your time. I use Windows Vista

D

Drewster

dang this update yoyo working is on must be huge or made out of the rarest materials on earth... since it takes longer to finish as the dudes that tried to make duke nukem forever.
Pure Unobtainium.

Lol -- I'm sure most of their energy is going into 2.0, and they are probably trying really hard to make it the FINAL update for 1.4.

S

squarebit

Is there any ETA on the next update? I can't use this version due to the memory leaks in surfaces ds_maps, and I really need the fixes for the file_ functions not accepting non-latin characters.

Edit: Turns out it was ds_maps, even after someone on the helpdesk "confirmed" surfaces having a memory leak. Odd. Reported a new issue with sample code.

In my game I really need to save characters into a temp file and then rename it, rather than directly re-writing the save files, to avoid and issue with save file corruption. But I can't do that since it would make saving impossible for all the people with non-latin windows logins... estimated to be ~2,000 players.

M

Maicom Stoppa

"The latest version of GameMaker: Studio entered the Early Access stream a few days ago and it will be moving to the Beta channel then Release over the next few weeks.".
I got this from support at December 9.
Twelve weeks so far.