• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows Game won't appear on task bar

Hey everyone! I unfortunately ran into a pretty big issue a few days ago. Whenever I create an application (either an installer, a .zip or a stand-alone .exe) and launch the game, it won't appear on the task bar. I first thought this had something to do with the DLLs I was using, but it happens to all projects (even those without any included files). Strangely, it also happens to games I created an application of before this problem arose.

In case it's of any significance, I'm using the latest version of Windows 10 in combination with Game Maker Studio v1.4.1763. However, I've tried several Game Maker Studio versions and they all share the same problem.

For whatever reason, the icon appears if the game window loses focus (e.g. by opening another window on top of it) and then gains focus again (e.g. by clicking on the game window).

Does anyone happen to know how I can fix this problem? Many thanks in advance!