Demo Castletoria - (Metroidvania Game)

Zuljaras

Hello everyone!
This is Castle of Nightmares!
1scr con.png
2scr con.png
3scr con.png

I started this project 3 years ago ... or more. I made big breaks for 6-8 months each and then start developing again. I got help from many in these forums.

All graphics are hand drawn in MS Paint - because it is THE BEST!!!

LATEST DEMO OF THE GAME!!!
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzRohquxGIULTnRfaHYyb2NhamM

The game is inspired by the BEST series ever - Castlevania! Especially thegames with RPG elements also called Metroidvanias!

The controls are the following:

Up, Down, Left and Right arrows ----- movement
A - Pause Menu (inventory) and also Return (going back to previous menu or going back to the main game)
S - This is for casting spells (whatever spell is currently equipped)
Z - This is for Attack
X - This is for Jumping
Q - This is for turning pages to the left (if you have selected menu with pages like: Equipment, Bestiary etc.)
W - This is the same as "Q" but for turning the pages to the right

ALL controls can be remapped in the options MENU! There you only use the arrow keys + "Enter".
There are some keys you CAN'T remap to but this is normal!

I appreciate any feedback!

My goal is to make biggest Castle to explore filled with secrets!

Last edited:
Plays well, no noticeable performance issues. Fairly high-end laptop, 8GB memory, 3GHz i7 core.

Received an error when I died however.
of Step Event0
for object axe_armor_obj:

Unable to find any instance for object index '6' name 'playero'
at gml_Object_axe_armor_obj_Step_0
############################################################################################

The controls weren't too clear, but you seem to be focused on the performance issues at the moment so I won't dwell on that.

Hope I helped! :)

Gamerev147

VERY nice artwork! Some things are a bit hard to see, but it's really good!
I'm running 8 GB RAM, Core 2 Duo E8400 with an AMD graphics card, and this ran like a charm.

If your room speed isn't set for 60, be sure to do that. FXAA could help smooth out pixels too. Other than that, great work! Keep it up! :)

B

Boogery Boogers

I also got the error message when I died:
of Step Event0

#######################################################################

And when i beat that boss (Grag?), there is also an error message for it:
of Create Event
for object grag_fleshling:

Unable to find any instance for object index '86' name 'grag_body'
at gml_Object_grag_fleshling_Create_0
#######################################################################

Other than that, it runs fine on 16GB Ram, 3.40Ghz i5-3570K desktop with Radeon HD 6850 graphics card.

Pretty good so far, good thing you gave us the option to change the controls, however note that during the dialogue, I still had to press "x"(this is the default I presume) to continue.

Zuljaras

Thanks for the feedback!!! Those crashes are usual and I will fix them. The only thing that matters now is the compatibility and how smooth the game runs on different machines :)

Zuljaras

I have just realized that the stuttering I get from time to time is due to the fact that the game is in 30 fps. In the following days I will convert the game so it will run with the same speed but in 60 fps so it will be smooth!

Thanks for the feedback and the 2 crashes I fixed them!!!

After I get the 60 fps version I will post it here and I will wait for more feedback.

Slyddar

Performance was fine on my 3.6Ghz i7 Windows 10 PC 8Gb ram GTX970 PC.
Game seems fun, like the animations a lot, they were very smooth and involved.

Zuljaras

I decided to change the resolution of the game to 512x360. That way I will cover both bottom resolutions 720 and 1080 the game will still have black borders left and right but they will be smaller.

Zuljaras

Fixed a VERY nasty memory leak and very weird issue that causes my stationary objects to slooooowly move to the right. Such dumb mistakes. Soon there will be new version with the new resolution :)

Micah_DS

Nice! I just downloaded the demo and played a bit. I love Castlevania-like games like this.

The overall feel of the game is good, and I really like the animations. The only odd thing I noticed so far is how the playable character drops a little abruptly when initially walking off of platforms that you can jump up through. And it appears the problem with the crash upon death isn't fixed, as I got a crash:
of Step Event0

############################################################################################
(edit: scratch that, I missed the latest demo version)
Definitely keeping my eye on this. I hope you'll continue it.

The only thing that matters now is the compatibility and how smooth the game runs on different machines
Ah, apologies, I should also let you know, I have 16 GB RAM, Win 8.1 64-bit, i7-4930K CPU @ 3.40 GHz, and GTX 760 graphics card. It ran fine from what I could tell.

Last edited:

Zuljaras

Nice! I just downloaded the demo and played a bit. I love Castlevania-like games like this.

The overall feel of the game is good, and I really like the animations. The only odd thing I noticed so far is how the playable character drops a little abruptly when initially walking off of platforms that you can jump up through. And it appears the problem with the crash upon death isn't fixed, as I got a crash:
of Step Event0

Definitely keeping my eye on this. I hope you'll continue it.

Ah, apologies, I should also let you know, I have 16 GB RAM, Win 8.1 64-bit, i7-4930K CPU @ 3.40 GHz, and GTX 770 graphics card. It ran fine from what I could tell.
Thank you for the info! I have to fix that damn crash! As for the jump-through platforms I do not know what to do. I guess I will leave it like that it is not big deal and those platforms are hell to manage.

Micah_DS

Thank you for the info! I have to fix that damn crash! As for the jump-through platforms I do not know what to do. I guess I will leave it like that it is not big deal and those platforms are hell to manage.
OH WAIT, sorry, I just realized the original post wasn't updated with your latest demo version.

Downloaded the new one and there is no longer a crash. Sorry, I assumed you updated your original post with the latest demo. I advise you to do that.
So, additionally, the 60 fps is NICE, as I first tried the 30 fps one. Really feels good.

Zuljaras

OH WAIT, sorry, I just realized the original post wasn't updated with your latest demo version.

Downloaded the new one and there is no longer a crash. Sorry, I assumed you updated your original post with the latest demo. I advise you to do that.
So, additionally, the 60 fps is NICE, as I first tried the 30 fps one. Really feels good.
Just did it! That was my bad. Thank you for that also!
And that little drop when walking off the ledges of things is the gravity I think. I hope it is not a game changer? :D

RangerX

I tried the game tonight and thought it was pretty good.
Well, am a fan of Castlevania so your game would have to be real crap for me not to like it afterall. With this said, everything seems to be functional right now with the game. This means your progress is good and I encourage you to continue!
Here's so thoughts/comments that crossed my mind:

- Graphics are not bad but the whole picture is busy. I would try to streamline it or play with the colors so the eye naturally is attracted more to where it should (to navigation stuff, ground, stuff you can step on). A trick most games are doing is to never highlight, trace black contours or have too much contrasts in the stuff that is considered background stuff. What you can step on and collision with though, its the opposite. Its also cool to make items and collectable stuff evident. (you're quite good with that though)

- I felt the knife is slow and you don't have a good feeling of slashing/poking. I mean, I get this feeling with the sword too. Slashing isn't yet as satisfying as it should. Check on Symphony of the night for that. The character slashes a bit more expressively and faster.

- I played the game with in "ASD JKL" style. Thank God for the key config but the screen for config was confusing. You can also change more than one key at once since one can be selected by the cursor and the other one with the mouse. Also, some controls are not changing. Per example, the box that appear when you collect the health up, you still need to close it with X. Visually speaking the controls aren't always updated either. I had "J" for cancel but the game is still showing "A".

I will try and follow your game development 'cause I like what's going on so far. I am curious to see how you will make your game something more than "another Casltevania clone" although I won't mind to play a "new" Castlevania Konami isn't making them anymore...

Zuljaras

I tried the game tonight and thought it was pretty good.
Well, am a fan of Castlevania so your game would have to be real crap for me not to like it afterall. With this said, everything seems to be functional right now with the game. This means your progress is good and I encourage you to continue!
Here's so thoughts/comments that crossed my mind:

- Graphics are not bad but the whole picture is busy. I would try to streamline it or play with the colors so the eye naturally is attracted more to where it should (to navigation stuff, ground, stuff you can step on). A trick most games are doing is to never highlight, trace black contours or have too much contrasts in the stuff that is considered background stuff. What you can step on and collision with though, its the opposite. Its also cool to make items and collectable stuff evident. (you're quite good with that though)

- I felt the knife is slow and you don't have a good feeling of slashing/poking. I mean, I get this feeling with the sword too. Slashing isn't yet as satisfying as it should. Check on Symphony of the night for that. The character slashes a bit more expressively and faster.

- I played the game with in "ASD JKL" style. Thank God for the key config but the screen for config was confusing. You can also change more than one key at once since one can be selected by the cursor and the other one with the mouse. Also, some controls are not changing. Per example, the box that appear when you collect the health up, you still need to close it with X. Visually speaking the controls aren't always updated either. I had "J" for cancel but the game is still showing "A".

I will try and follow your game development 'cause I like what's going on so far. I am curious to see how you will make your game something more than "another Casltevania clone" although I won't mind to play a "new" Castlevania Konami isn't making them anymore...
Nice!!! Did you downloaded the 60 fps version of the game? As for the visual representatuon of the keys they are static sprites that is why they are not changing in my current version i removed that and made only "return" to show.
I will take that note on the slash attacks i temember SotN , AoS, DoS, PoR having nice slash attacks. I need to look at that double key register.
I thought i made it so when you select a key to register all other are disabled for entry. Also not ALL keyboard keys are accessible for binding only the essential ones. You cant bind enter for example.
Also it is not possible to return when you have key that is not binded(empty) right?

EDIT: Oh maybe you meant that even if your selector(the purple square) is on a button config you can still select another with the mouse? If thta is the case it is ok since either way you cant change any other key until tou have put a value in the one you have selected. If you see the text in the bottom square "press a key to register it" you have to press a key until then you cant select another button for change.
Also if your key is not eligible for change you will have the text "no key" on the button. Until you have all keys mapped you cant return to the previous menus.

Last edited:

Zuljaras

Fixed the ugly drop when walking off an edge. Now it is smooth.
I have been busy with the damn moving platforms way too long!!! I implemented them in reasonal quality :/
Right now im converting the mouse functionality and I am converting the menus and all rooms in the new resolution.
Also thought about joystick controls but I have no idea how to implement them. I need to find what exactly is supported. Only the xbox controller or different kind of pc controllers.
Also tried to run the game on my android phone and it runs nice just need to make the virtual keys but that is light years from now.

EDIT: Did anyone find the secret room in the demo?

Last edited:
M

mariospants

As a mega-Metroid/Castlevania fan, you got my attention if only to see how it stacks up!

Here are my thoughts from playing the demo:

• could use some music in the menus, but I'm sure you knew that and it's just coming up
  • just throw in some temporary sound effects, it really needs some
  • no idea whatsoever how to exit the control-customization screen! ESC doesn't work... I'm going to have to start hammering every key...
  • you mentioned only certain keys work, but I'd really like to have the option to select CTRL and TAB for keymapping...
  • you need to update the in-game menu, as it says "Press A to return", regardless if you've remapped it
  • can you enable the mouse when in the menus?
  • wait, I can't break the chandeliers to get stuff? not canon ;-)
  • jumping feels pretty perfect
  • I'd recommend "dingy"-fying the graphics a bit
  • I killed the first zombie and it left behind a sword... I can't pick it up, but it looks so tempting... what's the deal? Can I pick it up and use it?
  • not sure if there's a way to quit out of the game to desktop, is there?
It's got the bones, you certainly know how to make the movement work, which is 90% of making a game fun!

Zuljaras

As a mega-Metroid/Castlevania fan, you got my attention if only to see how it stacks up!

Here are my thoughts from playing the demo:

• could use some music in the menus, but I'm sure you knew that and it's just coming up
  • just throw in some temporary sound effects, it really needs some
  • no idea whatsoever how to exit the control-customization screen! ESC doesn't work... I'm going to have to start hammering every key...
  • you mentioned only certain keys work, but I'd really like to have the option to select CTRL and TAB for keymapping...
  • you need to update the in-game menu, as it says "Press A to return", regardless if you've remapped it
  • can you enable the mouse when in the menus?
  • wait, I can't break the chandeliers to get stuff? not canon ;-)
  • jumping feels pretty perfect
  • I'd recommend "dingy"-fying the graphics a bit
  • I killed the first zombie and it left behind a sword... I can't pick it up, but it looks so tempting... what's the deal? Can I pick it up and use it?
  • not sure if there's a way to quit out of the game to desktop, is there?
It's got the bones, you certainly know how to make the movement work, which is 90% of making a game fun!
Thank you for the feedback!
Now to address your points :)
1. I do not have any music to put in the game. I want to but now is not the time. I really need to finish my "engine" first :)
2. I am aware of that and I will search the internet for some nice free sound effects
3. To exit the control screen you need to have ALL controls customized you CAN'T have any of the buttons to say "No Key!!!". Also to return you simply use your "Return key" which is the "A" key by default. You can change that of course. The esc key is not working right now I need to add that later if you want to exit the game immediately. If you want now you can just press alt+f4 :)
4. Thank you for that. I am adding the "Tab", "Left Control", "Right Control" and the "Alt" keys for remapping.
5. This is fixed in my latest version of the game. In new update you will see the text changed to "Press Return to Resume".
6. The mouse is enable everywhere BUT I have yet to match the surface to the gui layer so the button are misaligned and when you mouse over them or click on them they will not work. Addressing that as well in the next version of the demo.
7. This game is only inspired by Castlevania it is NOT a Castlevania game. It is my own game with different story and Dracula is not the main evil in the game.
8. Thank you the controls are even better in my version of the game.
9. I have no idea what that means. It might sound stupid but I like my style of drawing the sprites and the environment :)
10. I have no idea how that happened :D But by the rule if you OWN an item and a monster drops it you cant pick it up again. It will disappear in couple of seconds. Otherwise yes you can pick up and equip things.
11. Just alt+f4 for now. I will add the ESC key later.

EDIT: Ha the sword you are referring to is just a décor in the background. It is not an actual item.

Last edited:
M

mariospants

by "dingy"-fying, I mean, make them a little dirtier, messier. The levels look so clean, it's almost like the inside of a spaceship! Throw a few cobwebs, some dust, dirty, smears, and grossness in that musty old castle! There are plenty of rotting zombies around, why not some body parts here and there, too? ;-)

Zuljaras

UPDATE!!!

LINK TO THE NEW VERSION - https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzRohquxGIULTUxoTnpKa1ByNjA

So here is the latest changes in the game:
1. THE BIGGEST THING!!! The resolution of the game is now 512x360. This was made so the game can cover more resolutions and look good on most resolutions!!! This is the final resolution!!!
2. TAB, CTRL, ALT, SHIFT are added to the controls scheme. Now you can bid them appropriately.
3. The controls menu now has the mouse fully working. When you click on a button in the controls remap menu the selector (the purple window) will move the that key. This was made to avoid confusion. Thanks to the guy that suggested it!

Things to keep in mind:
1.The mouse is working properly only in the controls remap menu!
2. The start and pause menus look empty and ugly now because I have just converted them to the new resolution. They are next in line to be fixed.

TO-DO list!!!
1. Fix the players attacking animation with the short weapons. He needs to be more quick and powerful.
2. Redo the equipment menu. This means to remove the sprites and code the text so I can change it easily.
3. Add joystick controls.
4. Add more save states.
5. Finish the Castle park area.

Please keep the feedback coming!

Thank you!

M

mariospants

Dumb question of the day: how did you open up your exe on GoogleDrive so that it's a direct download?

M

mariospants

• "Enter" no longer allows you to select a menu item
  • "Enter" key cannot be mapped for "Menu and Enter"
  • again, CANNOT get out of the "Options" screen, no matter what I try
  • after the first 3 super-easy zombies, that first knight is insanely difficult!
  • dm me so I can send you some freaking sound effects already ;-)

Zuljaras

1. ENTER is impossible to keybind. This is my choice. ENTER is ONLY used to select a keybind for remapping.
2. In order to get out of the options menu you need to have ALL keybinds mapped. That means you cant have keys with the text "NO KEY!!!"

I really have to make it when you try to press return or some key6 is Unmapped a message to appear and tell you to map all keys.

I am working on the difficulty.

Last edited:

RangerX

Question:
Why 512x360 ??
Because:
- Its not a resolution fitting on any existing standard. Its not 16:9 (like a large majority of gamers are using) and its not 4:3 either. Result: everybody will not be ever fullscreen and will always have letterboxing.
- It doesn't fit either with the most commonly used resolution in the world: 1366x768
- It doesn't fit either with the most commonly used resolution by gamers: 1920x1080

Just curious what you did base your choice on. It doesn't make sense at all from my stand point.

Zuljaras

Question:
Why 512x360 ??
Because:
- Its not a resolution fitting on any existing standard. Its not 16:9 (like a large majority of gamers are using) and its not 4:3 either. Result: everybody will not be ever fullscreen and will always have letterboxing.
- It doesn't fit either with the most commonly used resolution in the world: 1366x768
- It doesn't fit either with the most commonly used resolution by gamers: 1920x1080

Just curious what you did base your choice on. It doesn't make sense at all from my stand point.
My old resolution was 400x300. I choose 512x360 ao it couls fit better not perfectly.
Everyrhing was drawn for the lower resplution and I just cant use 640x360 just to fit perfectly in full hd.
Now the game will fit nicely in:
720p and 1080p only with black bars for left and right. And it will fit better on other resolutions with SMALLER black bars.
Also if I up the resolution even more the game will look worse. Everything have to be redrawn amd I just cant do that.
I asked around and most people dont mind black bars.

Zuljaras

• "Enter" no longer allows you to select a menu item
  • "Enter" key cannot be mapped for "Menu and Enter"
  • again, CANNOT get out of the "Options" screen, no matter what I try
  • after the first 3 super-easy zombies, that first knight is insanely difficult!
  • dm me so I can send you some freaking sound effects already ;-)
Could you please try again with the options menu but with ALL keys mapped. Not even one key should say "No key!!!"

Zuljaras

I have made it more apparent if you have not mapped a key. Now a transparent "X" will appear on the button as well as the text "No Key!!!"
Here is a screenshot:
controls menu.png

Now the players will see clearly which keys they need to bind :)

M

mariospants

I'll test it - but I DEFINITELY did not have any "No Key!!!" in any of the boxes...

Zuljaras

I have made a change to the short player attack (attack with daggers fist weapons etc.)
Is it better than the old one because I got complaints that the old one was too stiff?
Here it is:
NEW SHORT ATTACK.gif

M

mochipon

I really like the pixel art. Someone commented saying it should be "dingyfied" a bit. Well, in the end it's a matter of taste I guess. However with the overall art style you're using, I'd suggest you'd use more muted, less saturated colors.
To illustrate what I mean, I shifted around the colors of one of the screenshots a little bit:

The most obvious thing might be the leaves. You painted them full on saturated green, which might be their local color, the way they appear in a strong, colorless (white) light. But the setting here is obviously at night, so the hue should be shifted towards the blues and in the sparse light, colors should be much less saturated.
By making the background less saturated / lower contrast it's also easier for you to put emphasis on the character and important things by placing higher contrast or saturation there.

Zuljaras

I really like the pixel art. Someone commented saying it should be "dingyfied" a bit. Well, in the end it's a matter of taste I guess. However with the overall art style you're using, I'd suggest you'd use more muted, less saturated colors.
To illustrate what I mean, I shifted around the colors of one of the screenshots a little bit:

The most obvious thing might be the leaves. You painted them full on saturated green, which might be their local color, the way they appear in a strong, colorless (white) light. But the setting here is obviously at night, so the hue should be shifted towards the blues and in the sparse light, colors should be much less saturated.
By making the background less saturated / lower contrast it's also easier for you to put emphasis on the character and important things by placing higher contrast or saturation there.
This is VERY interesting. I will try to play around with my backgrounds in photoshop and see if I can reproduce this effect. I do not know how to play with that "hue" but I will try.

My colors are really bright because I draw them in MS Paint and there are not many options there :)

M

mochipon

Options in MS Paint are certainly limited.
You have the full palette of colors available, but it's not as easy to switch them around, or change hues afterwards and so on. Also the default color palette is very saturated.

In Photoshop you have Adjustments > Hue/Saturation, or Color Balance. You can mask off certain areas to make these adjustments affect only the parts of the image you want them to, but I guess if you load your assets or tiles into Photoshop, play with the settings some and the see how it looks in game, it's the easiest way. If you make backups of everything you can always go back to how it was before.

Zuljaras

Options in MS Paint are certainly limited.
You have the full palette of colors available, but it's not as easy to switch them around, or change hues afterwards and so on. Also the default color palette is very saturated.

In Photoshop you have Adjustments > Hue/Saturation, or Color Balance. You can mask off certain areas to make these adjustments affect only the parts of the image you want them to, but I guess if you load your assets or tiles into Photoshop, play with the settings some and the see how it looks in game, it's the easiest way. If you make backups of everything you can always go back to how it was before.
I got it :) I have played around with Photoshop and it works fine. I have to think about changing the colors but I guess I will start working more with Photoshop and see what I can do with it. Still gonna draw things in MS Paint but I can enhance them in Photoshop.

Zuljaras

Hello,

Great progress to the game

I have corrected the walking and the animations!!!

Also today I have made my MAP!!!

Here are 2 screenshots:

and here

Some explaining for the map!

This is only for testing!!! The map will have its own menu and it will be the whole screen!
The map will be a little different due to my coding skills limitations.

When you enter a room you will discover it in the map, the WHOLE room no matter how big it is! Also the marker that shows where you are on the map will be in the center of each room . It will not show your precise location. You will just know in which room you are!!!

When I think about it it will be better because the game will not hold your hand much
Many secrets will lie in the castle to keep adventurers busy.

One of my latest ideas is to have certain monsters special attack to DESTROY specific HP and MP potions right from your inventory!!!

More updates coming in the future.

Zuljaras

Finally did it!!!

This is my first attempt/test to create enemy that walks like its create from many objects and its steps look real!

Also made it possible to be able to climb such enemies/bosses etc.

Here is the video :)

Zuljaras

After so much time my new demo is finally here!!!

New features:
1. Full controller support! I have tried with couple controller just in case and everything seems fine on my end! Waiting your feedback! Just please when sharing feedback please tell me your controllers model!

2. Save slots! Yes, there are 3 save slots now! When you are in the start menu and you press either the start or the load button you will go to the slot data menu. There you can pick one of the 3 slots available!

3. THE MAP! I have implemented a map feature in the GAME! Also I lied in my previous post that the map will only show you the room you are in! How sinister! The map will show your location in the room and what you have explored of the room!

Those things listed above gave me nightmares ... real nasty ones because I have done those things for the very first time.

I expect bugs and I hope you can assist me in finding them!

A couple of explanation for the controls so bare with me please!

When you enter the game in the start menu you will see 2 new buttons. One named keyboard and one Gamepad. Those are the respective key configuration menus for the controller and the keyboard.
VERY IMPORTANT: You CAN'T go back from the controls menus IF there are UNBOUND BUTTONS!!!
You can use the reset button to bring them back to default!

There is a legend inside the menus but I will say it anyway.

-For navigation you use the D-pad or the analog stick.
-For selecting a button to rebind it you use the "SELECT" button on your gamepad (they ALL have one
).

For the player movement you can use the D-pad or the analog stick they both work at the same time. The select button is used for entering the map AND exiting the map. The start button is used for entering the pause menu and going back from the menus!

For selecting stuff use the JUMP and the ATTACK buttons (the ones you have chosen).

Here is the link for the new demo and I will also update the first page!
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzRohquxGIULUmxpbFNOMTc0eFk

Zuljaras

Shameless bump! Anyone who played the new demo any thoights? Keep in mind that the Castle Park is not populated properly. There are couple of elixirs, killer plants and Skeleton knights.

Zuljaras

Long time has passed without any updates of my project.

It is slow really slow. I had to change jobs and it was very stressful experience

But here are some updates on CoN if anyone is interested.

This is the Skull Lord (I have yet to give him a name!) he is the second boss of the game and he will have phases. As you can see his first form is a whole skull. The gold fragments below are to be his crown. After you do enough damage to him he will burst and he will become the broken skull with dripping lava.

Other very important thing is that I have to change the native resolution of the game ONE more time!!! The FINAL-final resolution is 640x360 and it will scale perfectly on 16:9 ratios. On all other there will be black bars left, right and (maybe) top and bottom.

This opens new space to add things in the menu. I am thinking of adding another equipment slot and redesigning the equipment a little.

That free space really opens new possibilities for more stuff to put in the menus.

Love the look of this game, keep up the good work! I really like the pixel art style, it is sort of between NES and SNES level visuals.

Zuljaras

Long time no update! Well here it is.

1. There are many rooms redone but the biggest change is the first boss room. Now it is crematorium:

2. The first boss Grag, the Lord of Gluttony is redone! Now he is bigger and nastier:

Here we fight him:

Here he dies:

3. There is new equipment slot which is for relics. The relist are special charms that you equip for special effects or for empowerment of some spells.

Here is the menu redone in order to have the new slot:

4. Here is a whole new tab in the pause menu. It is called Lore. Here you can find the archive where you store pages, tablets and scrolls you can find through the castle. The purpose of those things is to give the player useful tips in solving the puzzle in the Castle. Others might just be for nice story telling. I did this to get more creative and give the players something to read. Also many of the will contain hand drawn art.

5. Some new weapons.

From left to right you have:
Almec, Great Mace of Quetzalcoatl (2-hand mace with Air attribute)
Seraphos, Archangel's Might (2-hand sword with Light attribute)
Glacius, the Ice Needle (1-hand sword with Ice attribute)
Iron Gauntlet (fist weapon with Normal attribute)

There were many bug fixes and new additions. I am glad that after some time I can finally go back and continue working on my game :)