• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Steam Riskers (Steam/Windows/Linux) [Update #6 now live!]

Shut

DESCRIPTION

Riskers is an Open-World Top-Down Action game filled with both justified and senseless shooting, driving and a lot of action. Follow the story of the garbage collector named Rick Paradis. While on his job duty, he finds a strange looking briefcase packed with cash. Deciding to keep the briefcase, he took the risk of a lifetime and now he is being hunted.

Fast action and faster cars, will you stay alive? Sneak around with a baseball bat, blast in with a shotgun, spray and pray with a machine gun, throw chairs, do whatever it takes.

FEATURES
  • Mix of genres that bring out the best in action
  • Open world city with day & night cycle
  • Detailed interior levels
  • Story and side missions
  • 8 Different weapons
  • Comic styled cut scenes
  • Varied missions including car chases, shooting, racing, etc...
  • Throwing chairs at your enemies!
  • and much more...

Last edited:

Ches Rowe

Really good graphics. I think the controls are a little weird, and also on my 1440p monitor the "cut scenes" and menu stuff do not scale right. I was actually enjoying the game better before it went all Miami Hotline lol. Altogether though, it's looking really great!

Shut

Really good graphics. I think the controls are a little weird, and also on my 1440p monitor the "cut scenes" and menu stuff do not scale right. I was actually enjoying the game better before it went all Miami Hotline lol. Altogether though, it's looking really great!
I'm glad you liked the graphics. :)

I will make sure to change the controls to 8 dimensional movement and fix the bug regarding the cut scenes and other GUI stuff not scaling properly. Also, the game will have a mix of different missions, and I will make sure that not all of them will be Hotline Miami styled.

Thanks a lot for your feedback, much appreciated!

Also a very small update to the game:
  • Reduced the demo file size from 125mb to 88mb
  • Added 2 new cars

Shut

New update
  • New mission
  • 2 new cars
  • Cars spawn in all parts of the city now
  • Added 2 different NPC skins
  • Billboards
  • Crossroads
  • New blood effects
  • Added some new effects
  • Fixed some bugs, including the GUI bug mentioned here

I would really love to hear some feedback, please try the demo or maybe give some feedback from the screenshots alone. :)

Thanks!

Shut

v 0.3.5 Update
  • Improved rain effect
  • Added minimap
  • Improved game perfomance a lot
  • Added 2 new buildings
  • Hit effects "Pow" and "Bam" no longer cover the enemy

Shut

v 0.3.9 Update
  • Improved ambience audio
  • Added soundtrack for mission 1
  • NPCs use horn on car collisions
  • Improved performance, added options to set shadow, lighting, weather effects quality
  • Fixed a bug with the target car path during mission 3
  • Added new sounds
  • Added bushes around the city
  • Added some thrown away objects on the streets
  • Improved sparks on car collisions

H

HavanHUN

This is a great game!

The graphics are neat, I love the style.
I love how detailed you made the cars to crash.
I couldn't pass the first mission, it was jut too hard for me, but maybe I'm just not good enough xD
I noticed a performace glitch. After leaving the first mission after dying, pressing on the continue, I had terrible FPS. After I crashed with a car and blew up, then respawned, the framerate was absolutely fine. I tested it out a few times, and it happend every single time.
The controls are... Well, unusual. I needed a few minutes to get into it.
I'd recommend you to make weapon switch with the mouse wheel too.

But anyways, this is awesome, just like you. :)

P

Panlizak

It looks amazing. :D can I ask you how you did the 2.5D view? are you using the 3D functions of GM:S?

Shut

This is a great game!

The graphics are neat, I love the style.
I love how detailed you made the cars to crash.
I couldn't pass the first mission, it was jut too hard for me, but maybe I'm just not good enough xD
I noticed a performace glitch. After leaving the first mission after dying, pressing on the continue, I had terrible FPS. After I crashed with a car and blew up, then respawned, the framerate was absolutely fine. I tested it out a few times, and it happend every single time.
The controls are... Well, unusual. I needed a few minutes to get into it.
I'd recommend you to make weapon switch with the mouse wheel too.

But anyways, this is awesome, just like you. :)
I'm glad you liked the graphics, while most of the graphics are finalized, I will still be spending some time polishing as much as I can.

I actually forgot to change the setting to start from the first mission when compiling, so that should be the second mission, anyway I am planning to adjust the difficulty. I agree it is quite hard and should be easier, so I will definitely make some changes.

I will have a look into the performance glitch, thanks for reporting it. Also others have suggested to change the controls to directional movement too, so I will be making an option to set the control style. I will set the weapon switch to mouse wheel as well.

Thanks a lot for the feedback, much appreciated! :)

It looks amazing. :D can I ask you how you did the 2.5D view? are you using the 3D functions of GM:S?
Thanks! :) I didn't want to use the 3D functions so instead I came up with my own method, the code is quite a mess though and took a few tries to get it to work. It might have been better if I just went with GMS 3D functions instead.

Here is what my code looks like: 2.5D draw code

P

Panlizak

Thanks! :) I didn't want to use the 3D functions so instead I came up with my own method, the code is quite a mess though and took a few tries to get it to work. It might have been better if I just went with GMS 3D functions instead.

Here is what my code looks like: 2.5D draw code
Thank you for the reply and the code, good luck with ur project!

KurtBlissZ

I didn't want to use the 3D functions so instead I came up with my own method, the code is quite a mess though and took a few tries to get it to work. It might have been better if I just went with GMS 3D functions instead.
Using 3d functions for my top down shooter game you notice your sprites are floating up off the ground a little bit when moving. At least the way I'm doing it, I looked into fake 3d for wall but couldn't figure anything out that wouldn't of caused a bunch of lag. If I would been able to scale the walls in fake 3d then I would of probably went with it.

I keep getting this error every time I try running the game, I turned off lighting/shadows and weather in the launcher. Maybe its because I'm a low end netbook and only have 2GBs of memory.

D3DXCompile failed - result

############################################################################################
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
called from - gml_Object_obj_Game_Draw_77 (line 4)

Anyway the game looks impressive by the video so far. Good work :)

Gamerev147

Using 3d functions for my top down shooter game you notice your sprites are floating up off the ground a little bit when moving. At least the way I'm doing it, I looked into fake 3d for wall but couldn't figure anything out that wouldn't of caused a bunch of lag. If I would been able to scale the walls in fake 3d then I would of probably went with it.

I keep getting this error every time I try running the game, I turned off lighting/shadows and weather in the launcher. Maybe its because I'm a low end netbook and only have 2GBs of memory.

############################################################################################
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway the game looks impressive by the video so far. Good work :)
Haha! There is your Direct X acting up again. Glad you fixed it!

KurtBlissZ

Okay I got it working after installing directx9 on my windows 10 machine.
I installed it from here, http://filehippo.com/download_directx/ since micosofts installer doesn't let you to install it on windows 10.
Also if you run a Game Maker Game's installer it should also install/update directx9 also. :p

Nice game though, It played at 30fps on my computer. I enjoyed the 2-3 missions was fun. It was entertaining to follow the black car while the driver sometimes would spin around and take detours on the sidewalk, I kept expecting for him to get stuck but surprisingly he didn't.

Last edited:

Shut

Nice game though, It played at 30fps on my computer. I enjoyed the 2-3 missions was fun. It was entertaining to follow the black car while the driver sometimes would spin around and take detours on the sidewalk, I kept expecting for him to get stuck but surprisingly he didn't.
Nice graphics! Good job
Thanks! :)

Here is a big update I've been working on that also includes alternate control style similar to Hotline Miami. It can be switched on by changing "control_style=2" to "control_style=1" in settings.ini file.

v0.4.0.2 Update
  • Adjusted mission 2 difficulty, made it easier
  • Improved NPC car path finding during mission 3
  • Added 2 new cars
  • Fixed NPC cone vision
  • Added police
  • Added new mission soundtracks
  • Mouse wheel also changes weapons now
  • Added throwable objects such as chairs
  • Added new sounds
  • Added shotgun
  • Picking up new weapons will change your current weapon automatically
  • Added 2 missions
  • Added a new punch animation
  • Added handbrake (Space)
  • Added alternate control style
  • Added new NPC skin
New screenshots:

Last edited:
M

MEITdev

Hi there!

I have recorded a short "honest first impressions" feedback video for your game.

The purpose of this video is for you as a developer to see how players play your game, what are their expressions as well as some likes and dislikes. Basically the personal feedback is something that is hard to get, so I am hoping to help you just a little bit with this video.

Never give up! Keep up the great work!
The progress in the latest version is amazing!

Shut

Hi there!

I have recorded a short "honest first impressions" feedback video for your game.

The purpose of this video is for you as a developer to see how players play your game, what are their expressions as well as some likes and dislikes. Basically the personal feedback is something that is hard to get, so I am hoping to help you just a little bit with this video.

Never give up! Keep up the great work!
The progress in the latest version is amazing!
Hey MEITdev, thanks a lot for your time and honest feedback. :) This really made my day, you did an awesome job on the video. I even felt kind of ashamed since I uploaded a different version by mistake which started straight from the last mission I was working on/testing. So, I apologize for that, since there wasn't as much to play or test, but I hope you can later make another review after another big update (even though I reuploaded the fixed version now).

It was really interesting watching you play the game and you made some good points, honesty and negative side of the game is always appreciated as that gives me an idea on what to improve and work on. I will definitely make some adjustments to the traffic, so that it's faster. I have made a few other notes, like to let the police car chase you first before they get out and shoot you and I will make changes to the police light so that it's only on when they are chasing you. :)

I was wondering about your PC specs, mainly graphics card, since the game seems to be heavily depended on the gpu. Could you please tell me the specs and was the game lagging only when recording the video or during the normal gameplay as well?

Thank you very much once again! :)

M

MEITdev

Hey MEITdev, thanks a lot for your time and honest feedback. :) This really made my day, you did an awesome job on the video. I even felt kind of ashamed since I uploaded a different version by mistake which started straight from the last mission I was working on/testing. So, I apologize for that, since there wasn't as much to play or test, but I hope you can later make another review after another big update (even though I reuploaded the fixed version now).

It was really interesting watching you play the game and you made some good points, honesty and negative side of the game is always appreciated as that gives me an idea on what to improve and work on. I will definitely make some adjustments to the traffic, so that it's faster. I have made a few other notes, like to let the police car chase you first before they get out and shoot you and I will make changes to the police light so that it's only on when they are chasing you. :)

I was wondering about your PC specs, mainly graphics card, since the game seems to be heavily depended on the gpu. Could you please tell me the specs and was the game lagging only when recording the video or during the normal gameplay as well?

Thank you very much once again! :)
You are most welcome, I am glad that it helped you!

I will download the latest version tonight and can re-visit the game tomorrow and make a new video about the game experience! As I stated, I like the game, and am hoping to play it more and show more game-play of it !

As for the specs I am running the game on:
Windows 10 personal 64bit
Intel Core i7-4790
8GB DDR3
nVidia GTX 745 (not the best, but can handle BF4, Skyrim, Warface, Path of Exile etc. with no problems, so this should work better :) )
Game is on 128GB SSD drive

I suspect that the whole game was slowed down because there were couple of instances of the executable running in the background after launching the launcher and closing the game and launching the game again, as I mentioned in the video.

And the game went from 60fps to 30 when night cycle started, then to 19fps, regardless if I was recording or not.

Thank you for taking the constructive critique so kindly, and again glad I could be of service!

Stay tuned ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Shut

You are most welcome, I am glad that it helped you!

I will download the latest version tonight and can re-visit the game tomorrow and make a new video about the game experience! As I stated, I like the game, and am hoping to play it more and show more game-play of it !

As for the specs I am running the game on:
Windows 10 personal 64bit
Intel Core i7-4790
8GB DDR3
nVidia GTX 745 (not the best, but can handle BF4, Skyrim, Warface, Path of Exile etc. with no problems, so this should work better :) )
Game is on 128GB SSD drive

I suspect that the whole game was slowed down because there were couple of instances of the executable running in the background after launching the launcher and closing the game and launching the game again, as I mentioned in the video.

And the game went from 60fps to 30 when night cycle started, then to 19fps, regardless if I was recording or not.

Thank you for taking the constructive critique so kindly, and again glad I could be of service!

Stay tuned ;)
The specs you posted should be enough to handle 60 fps, I think the issue was with multiple instances of the game running in the background and I will look into that. I'd appreciate if you could later test the fps making sure only one instance of the game is running as I've kind of reached the limits of optimization and the test result would help me in this case. I hope it can get 60 fps on GTX 745. :)

I will be posting another update in a week or two, so maybe it's worth waiting before you review it again, after all I wouldn't want to waste your time with small changes only. :)

M

MEITdev

The specs you posted should be enough to handle 60 fps, I think the issue was with multiple instances of the game running in the background and I will look into that. I'd appreciate if you could later test the fps making sure only one instance of the game is running as I've kind of reached the limits of optimization and the test result would help me in this case. I hope it can get 60 fps on GTX 745. :)

I will be posting another update in a week or two, so maybe it's worth waiting before you review it again, after all I wouldn't want to waste your time with small changes only. :)
Ah man! :D I literally just finished playing the latest one that I downloaded 2 days ago :) Will upload it still for you to see. I do not mind doing follow up videos, as I mentioned in one of the reddit comments follow up is something that I will do if the developers will find it useful. I will try to upload the latest recording overnight and publish it in about 10-12 hours from now. so (a wild catch phrase approaching) Stay tuned ;)

Shut

Ah man! :D I literally just finished playing the latest one that I downloaded 2 days ago :) Will upload it still for you to see. I do not mind doing follow up videos, as I mentioned in one of the reddit comments follow up is something that I will do if the developers will find it useful. I will try to upload the latest recording overnight and publish it in about 10-12 hours from now. so (a wild catch phrase approaching) Stay tuned ;)
That's cool, :) thanks for downloading again and replaying the demo... Waiting for the new video then :)

Btw, I have already improved the traffic speed a little for the next update that I will be posting later this month and driving missions are more enjoyable now, so your previous honest feedback has already helped a lot. :)

Lightning effect that uses shaders, that I've been working on today:

M

MEITdev

That's cool, :) thanks for downloading again and replaying the demo... Waiting for the new video then :)

Btw, I have already improved the traffic speed a little for the next update that I will be posting later this month and driving missions are more enjoyable now, so your previous honest feedback has already helped a lot. :)

Lightning effect that uses shaders, that I've been working on today:

So happy to hear that it helped ! (blushing)

I think you will be happy with the new video as the experience was... well let me stay cryptic and say a lot different than the first one :D

Those shaders look cool! And one thing - that pedestrian was on the crossing, you should have stopped! :D :D

Keep up the great work, this project is advancing at an alarming rate ;)

M

MEITdev

Hi there!

The follow up - Second video has been finally uploaded!
If you would like to know what it feels like to play this game (the Real Deal, not testing version ^__^ ) check it out!

It is a different game! 200% different, good, bad? Good! :D

Keep up the great work. When you have another major update in few weeks time I will make a another follow up for you so you can see how the new updates change the gaming experience.

Thank you for your time and kind acceptance of these feedback videos!

Shut

So happy to hear that it helped ! (blushing)

I think you will be happy with the new video as the experience was... well let me stay cryptic and say a lot different than the first one :D

Those shaders look cool! And one thing - that pedestrian was on the crossing, you should have stopped! :D :D

Keep up the great work, this project is advancing at an alarming rate ;)
It's funny, because I didn't write the code for the pedestrians to cross the road, but for some reason when deactivating instances, when there path objects get deactivated too, they start to cross the roads. :D This doesn't seem like a game breaking bug so I haven't even tried to fix it yet.

Hi there!

The follow up - Second video has been finally uploaded!
If you would like to know what it feels like to play this game (the Real Deal, not testing version ^__^ ) check it out!

It is a different game! 200% different, good, bad? Good! :D

Keep up the great work. When you have another major update in few weeks time I will make a another follow up for you so you can see how the new updates change the gaming experience.

Thank you for your time and kind acceptance of these feedback videos!
Thank you very much for the updated video! I did get a better idea now what the first time experience playing through the missions is like. I've made some notes as well of what there is to fix, so this greatly helped me again and your feedback was much appreciated! :)

Also I've further optimized the shadows and there is a small fps gain, so for the future update, playing with the shadows on might be possible for you. :) I'm also planning to make a frame skip option in the launcher, so that those with lower pc specs can still play the game on 30 fps but without the lag.

Hey, cool looking game, will you be needing any music for it? If so, you can check out my portfolio here: www.sbeastmusic.com/portfolio
Thanks! I checked out your portfolio, some cool tracks there though I don't have any budget for this project at the moment and I'm currently the only one working on the game. :)

Shut

Another new update. Some new shader based visuals including lightning and motion blur and fixed some bugs MEITdev mentioned in the video. I will be adding new missions in the next update, I plan to have about 30 story based missions. I will skip making cut scenes as I will have to redo all the cut scenes later after the story missions are complete.

Huge thanks to MEITdev once again for mentioning the bugs in the feedback. If anyone else tests the game, please share your feedback and ideas. :)

New screenshots:

Update v0.4.1
  • Added cloud shadows
  • Made traffic speed faster
  • Added 7 new NPC skins
  • Added lightning effect
  • Added car engine sounds
  • Optimized shadows (small fps gain)
  • Fixed sprites flickering bug when holding pistol
  • The pool table no longer blocks the bullets
  • Added NPC dialogues
  • Added motion blur effect on driving

M

MEITdev

Sir good sir! This looks amazing !!!! Will definitely re-visit your game very soon! :)
Keep up the good work! Awesome progress!

Shut

Sir good sir! This looks amazing !!!! Will definitely re-visit your game very soon! :)
Keep up the good work! Awesome progress!
Thank you for the kind words MEITdev! :) The next update will probably have a lot more to offer, meanwhile here are some new screenshots:

Weapons

City Map

New Building

Mission 6 WIP

M

MEITdev

Cannot help it, love the fact that the chair is classified as a weapon ^__^ love it!

Shut

@MEITdev I will try to add more fun stuff :D

For those who are interested in this game, as well as development process, I have now made a Twitter account for the game that you can follow here.

Club Kubo early WIP screenshot

F

FROGANUS

Spiffy! I like the clean, pretty-much-realistic style. I'm a huge fan of classic GTA, so this is exciting! Nice lighting. The objects are a little spaced out but i guess you could add more or especially some varied tiles I think would help. I had to disable the shadows option for it to run fast enough (though what does this really do?) I was thinking a directional shadow just to give the cars (and pedestrians) a little definition would be nice. Other graphic options would be nice too, like lower res mode, windowed mode if possible..
I like the hotline miami style indoor areas- it'd be cool if there were more places you could go indoors, not like a vast network, but just enough to force you to explore a little, maybe make a few places that you can't get to unless you go thru an indoor area. i dunno.
I'd like to see more happen with the cops, not that it has to be the basic GTA style cop meter killing spree thing, there's just lots of room for AI at this point, like will they alert each other, pursue in car/on foot, go find donuts, etc.

other buggy titbits:
-pistol ammo kept changing.
-swinging doors inside look too big.
-combat animations are a bit funny esp. baseball bat.
-close quarters enemies seem a little bit inept at this point.
-after completing all objectives and wrecking my car, game was stuck.

Keep it up, I'd like to play more!

F

FROGANUS

oh dude I almost forgot also- am I tripping or is the driving in reverse left and right controls flipped from how it should be?

also, one last area I forgot to mention- the on-foot speeds and controls feel a bit clumsy:
- I don't know if an alternate control style (ie up is always north) could be available. Recently a bit of popular topdown shooters have been in a much more arcade direction (binding of isaac, nuclear throne, enter the gungeon) not as realistic, but might lend you some sort of inspiration to infuse a little more pep to the movement. (would that mess you up if walking had different control than driving? I'd like to try it at, any rate..)
- also, the difference between walking and sprinting feels not dramatic enough to me. (at some point, an animation accent could could help to make it look like player is more 'darting' than strolling).
- & i noticed i could sprint even a hair faster while strafing diagonally. (this happens in some games, may not matter)

guess that's my 2 cents, sorry if anything is too assuming.
Cheers!

Shut

I think dolphins are weird..
Yes, they are! :D

Spiffy! I like the clean, pretty-much-realistic style. I'm a huge fan of classic GTA, so this is exciting! Nice lighting. The objects are a little spaced out but i guess you could add more or especially some varied tiles I think would help. I had to disable the shadows option for it to run fast enough (though what does this really do?) I was thinking a directional shadow just to give the cars (and pedestrians) a little definition would be nice. Other graphic options would be nice too, like lower res mode, windowed mode if possible..
I like the hotline miami style indoor areas- it'd be cool if there were more places you could go indoors, not like a vast network, but just enough to force you to explore a little, maybe make a few places that you can't get to unless you go thru an indoor area. i dunno.
I'd like to see more happen with the cops, not that it has to be the basic GTA style cop meter killing spree thing, there's just lots of room for AI at this point, like will they alert each other, pursue in car/on foot, go find donuts, etc.

other buggy titbits:
-pistol ammo kept changing.
-swinging doors inside look too big.
-combat animations are a bit funny esp. baseball bat.
-close quarters enemies seem a little bit inept at this point.
-after completing all objectives and wrecking my car, game was stuck.

Keep it up, I'd like to play more!
Thank you for the feedback! I'm glad you like the style and there are still classic GTA fans out there. I will add more varied tiles in the future. As for the shadows, unfortunately I did all I could to optimize it, but I guess some graphics cards still can't handle shadows with good fps. Could you please share your PC specs? I'm trying to collect information so that I at least know the minimum requirements for the game. (When you turn on the shadows most of the objects get a little definition that you mention as well as buildings, these are real time updated shadows and not baked as you probably guessed it, so that's why it lags on some PCs.

I'm planning to include about 30 story missions, so there will be at least 15 different indoor areas. I will also later make an update that will change how the cops react and add car pursuits as well.

Thanks for mentioning the bugs, I've already fixed the pistol ammo bug and the game stucking after completing all the objectives won't be an issue, it's just temporary, since I didn't have any more missions.

oh dude I almost forgot also- am I tripping or is the driving in reverse left and right controls flipped from how it should be?

also, one last area I forgot to mention- the on-foot speeds and controls feel a bit clumsy:
- I don't know if an alternate control style (ie up is always north) could be available. Recently a bit of popular topdown shooters have been in a much more arcade direction (binding of isaac, nuclear throne, enter the gungeon) not as realistic, but might lend you some sort of inspiration to infuse a little more pep to the movement. (would that mess you up if walking had different control than driving? I'd like to try it at, any rate..)
- also, the difference between walking and sprinting feels not dramatic enough to me. (at some point, an animation accent could could help to make it look like player is more 'darting' than strolling).
- & i noticed i could sprint even a hair faster while strafing diagonally. (this happens in some games, may not matter)

guess that's my 2 cents, sorry if anything is too assuming.
Cheers!
For some strange reason, driving in reverse using the default physics is how it works right now. I've also noticed that it could be different from how it should be, so I will probably look into that and change it. :)

Regarding an alternate control style, it's already there ;) but since I don't have an options screen yet, you have to manually change the setting in "settings.ini" file from control_style=2 to control_style=1.

I've tried testing different speeds for walking and sprinting and making it faster, but it seemed too fast then, so I stopped making any further changes.

Thanks for all the feedback!

EDIT: I was able to fix the flipped controls for reverse driving after some changes in the code, I'm glad you noticed that too, as I wasn't completely sure whether the controls were actually flipped or not. :)

Last edited:
F

FROGANUS

Cool, yeah will def look out for a new version espesh if you get some chaptery stuff together!

Shut

Update v0.4.3
  • Added a new building
  • Fixed pistol ammo bug
  • Added ability to jump/slide over furniture
  • Fixed driving in reverse (controls flipped)
  • Added a new weapon
  • Added more dialogues
  • New baseball bat hit effects
  • Added blood effects
  • Added a new mission
Screenshots

:)

Shut

I've been working on new camera effects that turned out pretty good I think.. Also car tail/stop lights that actually react to brakes and improved hand brake physics. :)

Here is a new gif..

Shut

Another new update with a new racing mission. :)

Update v.0.4.6
  • Fixed weapon knockback effect
  • Added new camera effects
  • Improved handbrake
  • Added more tiles
  • Added car tail/stop lights
  • Added mission 7
  • Added a new car
  • Added new sounds

Screenshots

Shut

Riskers has been Greenlit! Thank you all who voted and supported the game. :)

Meanwhile I was working on the cutscenes and improving car handling as suggested by some + a new driving camera. The priority right now is to finish the main story and cutscenes.

It all starts with a boring day..

Looking for revenge.

M

MEITdev

Hey @Shut - Here is the promised follow up video with the night club mission ;)

Hope you will find this helpful in your development process going further!

Shut

Hey congrats! its looking awesome.
Thank you, I'm still taking notes based on feedback and improving all I can. The new build already looks and plays much better. :)

Hey @Shut - Here is the promised follow up video with the night club mission ;)

Hope you will find this helpful in your development process going further!

:banana:

Just watched the video, thank you for the feedback once again!

I hope I can include the menu stuff in the next build with options/settings, so that stuff like auto changing weapons can be turned on or off. Anyway, I've made some notes from the video, that I will work on.

NPC line of sight not working through tables was definitely a bug and I was easily able to fix it just now. Thanks for noticing that! :) I agree with you that NPCs looking left or right from time to time will probably help, so including that in the notes as well.

Here is the changelog (so far) for the next build:
  • New driving camera
  • New sounds
  • New soundtracks
  • Improved car handling
  • New tiles
  • New cutscenes
  • Added fade in/out when changing levels
  • Changed car rotation origin
  • Fixed NPC line of sight (tables no longer block the vision)