• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Team Request Looking for another GameMaker friend... :D

P

Power_Michael

So basically, I am looking for a "Game Making friend". The reason is that over half the time...while I want to make games and cool projects...I am not too entirely motivated. I feel that if I have another person that will make the projects WITH me, then I will feel obligated to do so....and maybe you will feel the same exact way. You don't have to be the best programmer/artist....just kind of know what you are doing. With that being said, let me tell you about myself:
I am not new to gamemaker, but my education with GML and gamemaker is....jumbled. What I mean is that...I have learned some advanced things before learning basic things, and the vice versa...so I know basic networking, but I don't know entirely how a string works....that type of situation. I like games in general..I especially like games with a surreal feeling, and/or with a great story as well as something as simple as agar.io.

Anyways, if you are interested, just comment below...I am not looking to hire anyone, just think of it as somewhat of a partnership...in a sense. Just somebody to make projects with. :D

A

Aaron Kendrick

I would be happy to be a friend, but I can't join you on your project. If you do need help with something, you are always welcome to contact me.

I am the lead developer of Project Amaranth, an online platformer with story adventure and more. Because of this, I can't dedicate time to other people projects. But I am almost always available to talk as long as I'm not doing school stuff, and I occasionally tutor people.

I am most active on our Discord server: https://discord.gg/0oJUqy2aF6lHm1Sv

Hope to see you around :D

M

Maanlamp

I'm willing to fill the position - If you haven't found the perfect GameMaker friend yet :).
I'd like to believe I'm quite proficient at both GML and making visuals, so even though you don't need it; I've got it.
Maybe we can figure out a way to communicate (such as sending skype details over pm, but I'm unsure how that works 'cause I'm new on the forums) if you still want the help/support/whatever :D
Let me know!
P.S.
If you want, you can have a look at Nevereal to see some of my work (although you can't see what is mine and what was made by the artists before me).
*shameless plug*

M

molcap

I would be your GMF if only the language wasn't a barrier, I mean I speak Spanish and my English is not the best, anyway if you want I can help you, but I'm not the best programmer here more like an average programmer. I'm doing a project right now, and I can show you something if you want.

D

dewalemper

I'm here to be your friend! haha. I can be here to discuss concepts! I love concepts, plus I have Master Edition Gamemaker.

I don't have much coding skills, but I have a good imagination if that helps.

I

Ian_15

Hey i will be a gamemaker freind!! PM me your skype or steam or even email and we can talk from there!

B

baconlovar

I could always use more skype contacts!

hmu I'm " Baconlovar " everywhere.

R

R34LD34L

So basically, I am looking for a "Game Making friend". The reason is that over half the time...while I want to make games and cool projects...I am not too entirely motivated. I feel that if I have another person that will make the projects WITH me, then I will feel obligated to do so....and maybe you will feel the same exact way. You don't have to be the best programmer/artist....just kind of know what you are doing. With that being said, let me tell you about myself:
I am not new to gamemaker, but my education with GML and gamemaker is....jumbled. What I mean is that...I have learned some advanced things before learning basic things, and the vice versa...so I know basic networking, but I don't know entirely how a string works....that type of situation. I like games in general..I especially like games with a surreal feeling, and/or with a great story as well as something as simple as agar.io.

Anyways, if you are interested, just comment below...I am not looking to hire anyone, just think of it as somewhat of a partnership...in a sense. Just somebody to make projects with. :D
Im perfect im available on skype R34LD34L

B

BlackRedKnight

I´d like to join too.

I´m pretty new, but I know the basic stuff and a bit of everything (But music, I suck on it)
My Skype adress is "nko.com" (all lowercase)
You can add me there or pm here if you are still looking for more friends

Z

zendraw

sounds fun, but im a bit of an ahole. pm me if you want, i like to discuss gaming stuff, theorise, philosophise, i also may join you sometimes in your projects.

A

AyeBumaye

LOL I love your first sentence! That's how I feel right now.
I'm new to GameMaker Studio, but I have programming experiences (not good, but I think I'm okay).
I'm also looking for a friend out there :D
I have tons of ideas but somehow lack of knowledge how to create it.

PM me if you want to be my friend :D

M

melbards

I would love to be your friend ;) I currently have 0 experience in Game maker but have been watching tons of tutorials lately. I do however have some experience in designing games. PM me if you would like to chat or bounce ideas off each other.

G

greentiger

I need help and am willing to help!

I am also looking for a "game maker friend", I am not used to game maker but I can code in other languages (PHP, PowerShell, VBScript, some Python). I have several game ideas that I could use a motivating and helping hand on. I don't get on Skype much anymore but I do google hangouts and to a lesser extent, discord. If anyone's interested PM me and we'll make arrangements.

If you would like to add me on Discord, my ID is luckygreentiger#6310
Please if you message me let me know you're replying from this Game Maker forum post.
The project, and obstacle, I discuss here: https://forum.yoyogames.com/index.p...-expert-in-views-and-ports.19813/#post-127806

Last edited by a moderator:
A

Ampersand

Get Discord and add me Ampersand#6290. I love helping with development obstacles and game ideas. :)

B

belltyj

I would love to work on projects with you. My proficiency with the GML is limited but I learn fast and have been teaching myself how to program since I was 10 (im 19 now). If you need any ideas, motivation, help, or just need somone to talk to Im always available to respond. Maybe not actually work all the time but definitely can help out in text form any time day or night. Im actually currently teaching my self the GML as to make a board game designed by a friend into a computer/smartphone game. Its called cathedr'l and its like chess and dungeons and dragons had a baby. Chess like movement and turn based style, DnD style health and rolling to make attacks.

TL : DR Love to help you out, also making my own game if you want in.

O

OhDandyDay

Whatever happened to WukaWorld? Looked interesting, kind of reminded me of Wonder Boy.