only playing frame 0 and 1

P

piksil_demon

title says it all. for some reason when i move it only plays the first two frames. any idea why
Code:
// varibles
var up = keyboard_check (ord('W'));
var down = keyboard_check  (ord('S'));
var left = keyboard_check (ord('A'));
var right = keyboard_check  (ord('D'));

//ground colision
if (place_meeting (x,y+1,obj_solid)) {
vspd=0
//jump
if up {
vspd=-jspd
}}
else {
if (vspd<10){
vspd+=grav
}}

//moving side to side
if right {
hspd=spd
image_xscale=1
sprite_index=spr_player_walk
image_speed= 8
}

if left {
hspd=-spd
image_xscale=-1;
image_speed= 8
}

//not moving
if ((!left && !right)|| (left && right)) {
hspd = 0
image_speed=0
image_index=0
}

image_speed = 8
This means every step, you jump 8 frames. You probably want that to be around 1. Above 1 skips frames, below 1 displays each frame for one or more steps.

See docs for more info.

P

piksil_demon

image_speed = 8
This means every step, you jump 8 frames. You probably want that to be around 1. Above 1 skips frames, below 1 displays each frame for one or more steps.

See docs for more info.
ah, thanks. i was trying to make it 8 frames a second. i got it now

P

piksil_demon

You're always mincing words in your posts, Frosty! Just say what you mean, already! :p

Also, good job answering a question he never asked, giving him a solution he already said he found himself. I give you style points for that, at least. ;D
what? i never said i found the solution myself :/

strawberry_jam was right

and who the hell is frosty?

what? i never said i found the solution myself :/

strawberry_jam was right

Oh, sorry. I was referring to this:

ah, thanks. i was trying to make it 8 frames a second. i got it now
I thought "I got it now" was saying that you figured out how to get 8 frames per second working with the info strawberry gave you. My bad! ^ ^"

Edit:
....The person who posted right before me, who I quoted in the post you quoted... X'D

P

piksil_demon

Oh, sorry. I was referring to this:

I thought "I got it now" was saying that you figured out how to get 8 frames per second working with the info strawberry gave you. My bad! ^ ^"

Edit:

....The person who posted right before me, who I quoted in the post you quoted... X'D
oh that frosty. i never see his posts (including the one your mentioning). blocked him... her?
but yeah, i figured out what was wrong from strawberry. basically it showed my animation so fast that i only saw the first 2 frames. just needed to slow it down 32x lol