• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Small UI enhancement.

K

kaddy

I'm unsure if this is the right place to put suggestions but let's just leave that to the forum admin or whoever.
So after a few minutes of messing with GMS2, i could barely notice the extra menu elements that pop up when you edit a resource. So i thought it would be better if they were somehow highlighted.
Pretty much like this:

Here is a screen shot from MSWord which implements this:

Mike

nobody important
GMC Elder
I thought you were about to suggest a "ribbon"! I was about to explode!

But yeah... I like the "colour" the tool specific sections, it does help make them jump out a bit. Feel free to file this as a suggestion.

csanyk

I'm unsure if this is the right place to put suggestions but let's just leave that to the forum admin or whoever.
So after a few minutes of messing with GMS2, i could barely notice the extra menu elements that pop up when you edit a resource. So i thought it would be better if they were somehow highlighted.
Pretty much like this:

Here is a screen shot from MSWord which implements this:
Agreed; it's also a bit weird that menu items for the Sprite and Image editors, for example, appear in the main window menu bar, while the Sprite or Image editor itself appears as a form floating in a workspace. Out of habit, I always instinctively look for the menus to be in the editor, and it takes me a few seconds to realize that they're up in the main window menu bar.

P

psyke

I thought you were about to suggest a "ribbon"! I was about to explode!

But yeah... I like the "colour" the tool specific sections, it does help make them jump out a bit. Feel free to file this as a suggestion.
Why not? It would look so cool!
ribbon.jpg