Distribution Does compiling remove unused resources?

Tontete

As the title says, I wonder if when I compile, will GS:S keep the unused resources that are still in the project folder, or will it remove them to save memory?

I know that I can use the "Delete from resource tree deletes from disk" option from the Preferences, and I have done that for a while. Now though, I want to be able to easily restore accidentally removed files. I also think that having this option enabled causes problems with my Google Drive sync, when I load the project from different computers.

Can someone please confirm if it removes or not? :D

Yal

šŸ§ *penguin noises*
GMC Elder
No, but unused resources are excluded from compiled games and exported GMZ files. You don't really need to worry about them, but if you want to clear out all unused resources, try exporting the project, then importing it as a new project. (Under a different name so you have the old one as a backup if something goes wrong)

Tontete

No, but unused resources are excluded from compiled games and exported GMZ files. You don't really need to worry about them, but if you want to clear out all unused resources, try exporting the project, then importing it as a new project. (Under a different name so you have the old one as a backup if something goes wrong)
Ah I see, so there's no problem then. But if I want to clear them, how do I export the project like you said in a way so that I can re-open it in GM:S?