• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Android GooglePlay libpng

camerakid

Hey Everyone,

Good to see GMC is back! :-D

Got the following message on GooglePlay developer console.

"Action required: Migrate your app(s) to use libpng v1.0.66, v.1.2.56, v.1.4.19, v1.5.26"

Is it a Game Maker: Studio related problem or is it possible to change the libpng in a different way after a final build or manually somehow?

Thanks and great to be back to this great place! :)

Attila

klys

Happeng to me too, the libpng is one of the android library used by Game Maker Studio. They are actually fixing it, is probably already fixed but we need a stable version to see the fix running on the actual stable version on Game Maker Studio.

zbox

GMC Elder
Always check the bug tracker. This has been fixed and I imagine we'll get it soon.

W

WWAZman

where is the bugtracker these days? I don't know how to find it.

Genetix

These kind of things make me want to leave Google Play - every few months they blanket flag many apps for various reasons, and then require them to all be updated.

I understand why, but it can be a lot of work in some cases to go in and fix each of these problems, recompile the APK, and submit to Google Play again.

If I was earning a living off of those apps, I would of course spend time doing so - but most of mine are free apps that I built as a hobby.

Just some thoughts ;)

J

jackhigh24

there is no real rush for this we have until 17 th september, ye the sooner the better but this is something that yoyo have fixed and are getting out asap, only reason its not here now is there fixing all the other android issues people mentioned in the last few weeks, im really impressed by how much there putting into GMS 1 so fast.

there is no real rush for this we have until 17 th september, ye the sooner the better but this is something that yoyo have fixed and are getting out asap, only reason its not here now is there fixing all the other android issues people mentioned in the last few weeks, im really impressed by how much there putting into GMS 1 so fast.
"It's no rush"? Have you completely missed the fact that recently updated apps won't show up in Google Play at all?!

J

jackhigh24

that's not true, all mine do and one was even a new release to, so something else is stopping yours to show.

camerakid

In my understanding in the alert email the 17th September date is the final blocking deadline for all affected apps. Already published APKs not affected "only" new updates. So the app should be show up but not the new updates which is pretty bad too.

SnoutUp

Whoa, that's a pretty big deal if they're not allowing apk updates. My latest successful update was on June 02, but I didn't try to publish anything after June 16, day I got a warning email from Google Play. So.. when is the new GameMaker update going to be out?

camerakid

I just uploaded an update for a free game and waiting to show up will see if it will appear. I will comment here in the coming 24 hours. (however usually 1-5 hours enough to show up)

R

RATInteractive

This is an issue, someone also copied my application name as when they searched for one matching mine didnt show

urgent fix needed

camerakid

SnoutUp: Yes it shows the warning.

Something is really going wrong so hopefully we get a fix very soon.

I found some interesting clues however. I have many games released. For some versions I used a method that I have different APKs for different build types. Now it seems all apps that has different APKs live (with different build types) are hidden from the search engine of the store! This is terryfing!!

EDIT: and the recently updated game also disappeared from the search engine!

J

jackhigh24

mine was a new app released on 22nd june and shows on phone and has the yellow warning in console, no i just checked camerakid game and that did not show on my phone although its only just been updated so il give it a bit and see, plus it could be because there are several apps with the exact same name and all the other it showed are the ones with lots more downloads, so maybe google is filtering clone named apps that have a lot less downloads dont get seen on devices, or maybe his game has settings my phone cant support, as that other guy who posted about whats in the framework matters as to who they show them to so could be that, really i would be contacting google if my app didnt show and asking whats going on.

camerakid

mine was a new app released on 22nd june and shows on phone and has the yellow warning in console, no i just checked camerakid game and that did not show on my phone although its only just been updated so il give it a bit and see, plus it could be because there are several apps with the exact same name and all the other it showed are the ones with lots more downloads, so maybe google is filtering clone named apps that have a lot less downloads dont get seen on devices, or maybe his game has settings my phone cant support, as that other guy who posted about whats in the framework matters as to who they show them to so could be that, really i would be contacting google if my app didnt show and asking whats going on.
jack: can you please put your game's link here so I can check on my Android devices. To me it seems many of our games have been removed from the search engine for some reason. If one searches with a direct link it works but not with a search. And not all apps are affected some of mine are fine.

SnoutUp

Yeah, please list your game titles if you have updated them during last couple of weeks (after they sent out warning emails), so we could check if they do show up in Google Play now.
@camerakid, I can't find your Hungry Monster in Store app, although I can find & download the latest version via desktop browser, so not sure what's at fault here.

camerakid

It seems it affects the search only. Try my company name "framelinenetwork" it should list 9 apps.

For me GooglePlay search lists only 4 right now but for example in the "similar apps" session it offers other games that is not listed with the company view. So I believe it is a GooglePlay related problem I have contacted Google already.

SnoutUp

@camerakid it could be due to country (I'm in Lithuania) or device (Samsung s4) restrictions, but browsing in Google Play app I only see 4 of your apps both in search results (looking for framelinenetwork) and in developer's page.

F

F_Clowder

@camerakid BTW yeah, I also only see 4 of your apps. But aside from that, when I click "Visit Webpage" on your Google Play page for the bulb game, it takes me to a defunct FaceBook page. Just a heads up on that one.

J

jackhigh24

soz mate i dont like people to know who i really am, so cant link my stuff, but i just did a search for your company on there and ye its only listing the 4 the terminal 1 city play city play premium and bulb bubbles, so what have them apps got the others haven't, maybe the setting you set in global game setting like they have all architectures ticked and the ones that don't show only have a few, or maybe they have set to none gpu devices or lower colour bit try and see if there is a pattern as any of those things being different would stop some phones seeing them, plus check your store listing and make sure there in all countries just incase it that as well, i had one change in amazon a few weeks back all by its self, you could only see that game if you were in ant antarctica ??.

R

Richard

For anyone having their apps removed from the store. I have a few people speaking with Google at the moment and they have stated that it's an issue with Google. Please contact them.

I

iQd

We have the same disappearance issue on mobile searches. Our first game was visible for 5 days and then disappeared. Today published an update however still it will not show on the search even with direct name which is a word not used on any other game.

S

Smith Clarkson

Thanks I check what is going on with the community page. EDIT: fixed FB page and working. Thanks. Samee !! :D 9APPSAPK.COM

Last edited by a moderator: