OFFICIAL GameMaker Studio 2: Available for Purchase!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaunJS

Just Another Dev
GMC Elder
Purchase/Upgrade guide

Since revealing GameMaker Studio 2 and inviting users to take part in the Beta we've already seen loads of great feedback and contributions from enthusiastic developers. Time and time again developers who've had a taste of the Beta have approached us desperate to get their hands on a full desktop license so they can get started on their projects today.

We've heard the demand loud and clear, so we've decided to open the gates early and let you purchase a desktop license for GameMaker Studio 2 and get immediate access to the fully licensed, limit-free beta version as it exists right now, today. These are permanent, one time purchase licenses that give you access to the product in beta now, and also after release.

GameMaker Studio 2 is still in beta, and still needs your help and feedback as we continue to refine and improve it, but we are confident in what we’ve seen so far from our ever enthusiastic developers, already producing excellent new games such as NYKRA and LoadWorld using GameMaker Studio 2, that there’s no reason for us to stand in the way of everyone being able to use this already incredibly powerful new toolset.

Owners of previous products can receive up to a 50% discount when upgrading to GameMaker Studio 2. See this page for more information.

So if you want to get your hands on GameMaker Studio 2 Desktop right now, follow this guide.

-YoYo Games

B

benface

When will Master Collection owners be able to upgrade to GM:S 2's equivalent of the Master Collection?

ShaunJS

Just Another Dev
GMC Elder
The only equivalent to Master Collection for GMS2 is "Buying every license".

So that would be at final launch I suppose. There is no Master Collection like bundle for GameMaker Studio 2.

Your 50% discount on any/all products applies now (and can be reused across multiple products).

Last edited:

m0zzy

Dunno if this is an Obvious question, but can i get the Master Collection now.. .? ( I know ill not be able to use it all, just dont want to buy twice .!) ...

--- EDIT ---
Sorry, U'd replied while i was typing it ...

S

StuffandThings85

Now I can show off my bad games to the community!

T

tafkatfos

Stupid Q but If I upgrade does that transfer my 1.4 license to 2? As I'm currently near the end of a project so don't want to import but still would like to work on prototypes in GMS2.

So if I need 1.4 and 2 do I have to purchase as "no upgrade"?

See it was a stupid Q ha, answered below :)

Licenses for 1.4 products are completely separate from GMS2 products. Owning 1.4 products just makes you eligible for discounts. Using those discounts doesn't affect your 1.4 license in any way.

Last edited by a moderator:
J

JackOatley

Got. I haven't tried the current beta yet but I knew I was going to buy the desktop version either way, £50 is a steal really. And now it's had the limits removed I can actually use it for my projects (I hope, lol). Still debating whether I want/need any of the other licenses when they're available. I don't make many things that are cross-platform, it's usually one or the other.

Stupid Q but If I upgrade does that transfer my 1.4 license to 2?
No, it does actually tell you during the purchase process that you can use it for both.

S

StuffandThings85

Stupid Q but If I upgrade does that transfer my 1.4 license to 2? As I'm currently near the end of a project so don't want to import but still would like to work on prototypes in GMS2.

So if I need 1.4 and 2 do I have to purchase as "no upgrade"?
Your license with GMS2 is separate from 1.4. But I think there is a deal to get the Pro version of 1.4 with the purchase of GMS2.

T

tafkatfos

No, it does actually tell you during the purchase process that you can use it for both.
Cheers sir, was confusing myself with the line "If you choose "No Upgrade" then you are buying a brand new licence at full price, omitting any offers that may be available."

I need more brews.

m0zzy

Shaun, can you confirm as well, that you need to buy twice if you want a steam version or 'Normal' version..? ( Dont you get a free steam key.?)

m0zzy

Cheers..! Just a 'Head up' then, it gave me the option to upgrade my steam version when i went to buy ..

Capture.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:
T

tafkatfos

Well imported my current project just to see if it "worked" and it does. Excellent work, really impressive YoYo.

I'm still going to finish it in 1.4 but can't wait till I'm in 2.0 full time.

T

tafkatfos

@tafkatfos .. Out of interest, do u have a load of scripts now, with the obsolete functions.?
No, it just runs. There is a section in Scripts folder with all the compatibility scripts. When I imported it produced a 407 line compatibility report which is handy to look through

ShaunJS

Just Another Dev
GMC Elder
@m0zzy yeah I can see the confusion, this is just because you have two licenses on your account and how the system internally works. It doesn't matter which you select.

hdarren

Well imported my current project just to see if it "worked" and it does. Excellent work, really impressive YoYo.

I'm still going to finish it in 1.4 but can't wait till I'm in 2.0 full time.
Did you to notice if the compile time is shorter in GM2 when doing a test run of the game? A game performance comparison with a working game would be interesting.

C

CedSharp

I just bought GMS2... can't build, whatever options I select, I get invalid paths when building. I reported the bug already.

I get this message:
Code:
System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): Access is denied
I'm just exporting on the desktop :/
Running GameMaker as administrator doesn't change anything.

Reactions: Fru
T

tafkatfos

Did you to notice if the compile time is shorter in GM2 when doing a test run of the game? A game performance comparison with a working game would be interesting.
The initial compile seemed a bit quicker and that was after importing as well.

I also closed GMS2 and rebooted it and ran the compile again, it launched in under 5 seconds. In 1.4 it takes an age to compile and run the first time after reopening the project so that's a massive improvement.

hdarren

The initial compile seemed a bit quicker and that was after importing as well.

I also closed GMS2 and rebooted it and ran the compile again, it launched in under 5 seconds. In 1.4 it takes an age to compile and run the first time after reopening the project so that's a massive improvement.
Excellent news!

Fru

I just bought GMS2... can't build, whatever options I select, I get invalid paths when building. I reported the bug already.

I get this message:
Code:
I'm just exporting on the desktop :/
Running GameMaker as administrator doesn't change anything.
Same here, glad it's not just me. Anybody know what's up?

I've changed my Visual Studio path to
C:\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0
from the default, as that's where mine's located.

Code:
DoVersion
   at Vestris.ResourceLib.Resource.SaveTo(String filename, ResourceId type, ResourceId name, UInt16 lang, Byte[] data)
   at Vestris.ResourceLib.Resource.SaveTo(String filename)
   at Igor.Utils.UpdateWindowsVersion(String _filePath, Dictionary`2 _options) in c:\hudson\ZeusBase\ZeusGreen\GameMaker\Zeus\Igor\Program.cs:line 455
   at Igor.WindowsBuilder.PackageZip() in c:\hudson\ZeusBase\ZeusGreen\GameMaker\Zeus\Igor\Builders\WindowsBuilder.cs:line 166

ShaunJS

Just Another Dev
GMC Elder
Same here, glad it's not just me. Anybody know what's up?

I've changed my Visual Studio path to
C:\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0
from the default, as that's where mine's located.

Code:
DoVersion
   at Vestris.ResourceLib.Resource.SaveTo(String filename, ResourceId type, ResourceId name, UInt16 lang, Byte[] data)
   at Vestris.ResourceLib.Resource.SaveTo(String filename)
   at Igor.Utils.UpdateWindowsVersion(String _filePath, Dictionary`2 _options) in c:\hudson\ZeusBase\ZeusGreen\GameMaker\Zeus\Igor\Program.cs:line 455
   at Igor.WindowsBuilder.PackageZip() in c:\hudson\ZeusBase\ZeusGreen\GameMaker\Zeus\Igor\Builders\WindowsBuilder.cs:line 166
Being looked into now.

lizzard

If you get compile errors (Access Denied) try to disable your antivirus. I have F-Secure and had to disable some folders for scanning to get it compile.

Fru

If you get compile errors (Access Denied) try to disable your antivirus. I have F-Secure and had to disable some folders for scanning to get it compile.
Confirmed! If I disable BitDefender it compiles ok. Thanks for the tip!

O

Osoy

We have seen similar issues with customers of our software (not game related) but it might be of use. When running applications under the program files folder you want to make sure none of the files, dll's, zips, etc. are blocked. You can right click properties on a file and see if its blocked, if it is copy it out of program files, unblock it and copy it back over. Typically installations take care of this but manually copying files from one system to another can cause issues. This may or may not be what you guys are experiencing but I thought I would share nonetheless.

T

thaaks

Seems everyone is trying to download the desktop version from the same server right now. Two fails already. Reminds me of my old 1200 baud modem times back in the 80s :(

Michael

Before I jump into experiments...what is the install-modus of GMS 2.0 ? Can it be installed additional to GMS 1.4 on yor computer (like the EA-versions) or overwrites it an 1.4-installation (like you cannot have 1.4.1657 and 1.4.1673 parallel) ?

Before I jump into experiments...what is the install-modus of GMS 2.0 ? Can it be installed additional to GMS 1.4 on yor computer (like the EA-versions) or overwrites it an 1.4-installation (like you cannot have 1.4.1657 and 1.4.1673 parallel) ?
GMS2 is completely separate. It will not impact on any installation of 1.x. Loads of people still seem to think that GMS2 is an update - it isn't. It is a completely different application.

J

Jarmar Games

I was just contemplating early in the day that I wish I could just purchase it already so I could move over to gms2. #Wooooooooo. What a pleasant surprise when I checked my email. #Boughtit

Status
Not open for further replies.