Legacy GM Would it be better to resize a sprite to save space?

Hello, im currently trying to make a Mini-boss, its supposed to be somewhat like a huge robot.. the problem is i know that larger sprites take up more more memory usage and make the file a bit larger not to mention if i were to have lets say 5 or so large type enemies.

So my question is would it be better to just input a down scaled version of the sprite and then later resize it with draw_sprite_stretched()??

When i do resize it, it seems that whenever the camera moves the pixels also kinda move as well it just looks like its disoriented and when the camera stops it goes back to normal. is this because the scaling is incorrect or something?

TheouAegis

The distortion is because the robot is not at integer coordinates. Although that would happen with a large sprite, it just is more noticeable with an upscaled sprite.

D

DevNorway

Make sure you move your view/camera at integers without decimals. Also, scaling your sprite with the power of two (I believe), is better than 3, 5 etc.

RangerX

Do not scale down your sprite smaller than their native pixel size else if you scale them up it will look like a dog's ass.
And what's your game file size? I wouldn't panic under 500mb

Do not scale down your sprite smaller than their native pixel size else if you scale them up it will look like a dog's ass.
And what's your game file size? I wouldn't panic under 500mb
Well Im not scaling down but i am trying to scale them up, its not around 500 yet but i guess i was trying to prepare for the future

Make sure you move your view/camera at integers without decimals. Also, scaling your sprite with the power of two (I believe), is better than 3, 5 etc.
@DevNorway This is the Code for my camera.

view_yview = lerp(view_yview,Hero.y-(view_hview/2)-20,0.1)
view_xview = lerp(view_xview,Hero.x-(view_wview/2),0.1)

view_yview = clamp(view_yview,0,room_height-view_hview);
view_xview = clamp(view_xview,0,room_width-view_wview);