Question - General Creative Commons licensing?

csanyk

I just purchased a free asset on the Marketplace called Simple Bloom Shader, and was surprised when I "bought" it to see a Creative Commons EULA.

I was not aware that YYG had made CC licensing an available choice to Marketplace sellers until now. I applaud the move.

It appears that the old GameMaker: Marketplace EULA is still in effect for some (most?) assets.

Is there more information available about this change? I'm curious when it became an option, and how to switch my own assets over to CC licensing.

Last edited:

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
This is simply a case of the user supplying a link for a custom EULA that goes to the CC page. This is nothing to do with YYG and falls on the user themselves when they upload the asset to the Marketplace and choose to use a EULA other than the custom one.

csanyk

This is simply a case of the user supplying a link for a custom EULA that goes to the CC page. This is nothing to do with YYG and falls on the user themselves when they upload the asset to the Marketplace and choose to use a EULA other than the custom one.
Ah, neat... I didn't even know that was possible! Has that custom EULA field been there all along and I just never noticed before?

DukeSoft

Oh boy, thats mine! I put it in the marketplace for free, because the image i'm using had a CC license and the shader was partially copied from shadertoy.

The reason I put it in the marketplace is so you have a simple way to manage your dependencies in the project..

It is indeed a custom EULA URL I've put in the asset when listing it.

Last edited:

Chaser

Hmm, I'm confused a bit, my work is CCO license, but by making it available on the marketplace it is under a different license?
I must check this.