ARANA (V0.9: The "Wow" Factor)- A Top-Down Hack 'N Slash Shooter

Cpaz

(V0.9 Pre-Alpha)

ARANA is a top-down, hack 'n slash attempting to recreate the addictive-ness that I experience with many games today.
Each character has their own Primary and Secondary attacks, as well as stats. You have two meters, an hp meter, and stamana
meter. The stamina meter acts as a limit for attacks.

There are little details and unlocks galore, so please enjoy!

How this came about:
After playing allot of nuclear throne, I decided to try and replicate why I kept coming back to it,
that being fast paced constant action, whether or not this delivers, I'm not too sure, but I feel it's close enough.
This should probably be a given but please report
any bugs you come across.

Full change log

Screenshots:

Proof-of-Concept Soundtrack: https://www.dropbox.com/s/gy1w795ehkwbpe5/ARANA Soundtrack.zip?dl=0

Download links: GameJolt | IndieDB
[Devlog progress reports are being posted bi weekly on GameJolt.]

Controls:
Default movement: WASD (change in option menu)
Left click: attack
Right click: secondary attack

Last edited:

Cpaz

NOTICE: As of tomorrow I will be gone for approximately until next sunday. Because of this: the devlog will be delayed. But look forward to a devlog the week I get back!
Until then!

YanBG

Nice work, i like your game! Suggestion for the last devlog: format it into sections with huge titles for each subject, it's easier to read and even if it's rather short it would look better.

Cpaz

Nice work, i like your game! Suggestion for the last devlog: format it into sections with huge titles for each subject, it's easier to read and even if it's rather short it would look better.
Thanks! (I'm still figuring out the GameJolt text editor, so the format is prone to change)