Windows Baricentro - move the room

A

Andrea Dominante

baricentro is one of the many projects I have been having in mind for long time, but so far the one I think to bring to an end.

DESCRIPTION: a simple platform where you have to drive a neon-ish cube through the room, but you won't move it - you'll move the environment around it.

HOW TO PLAY:
Arrows: left/right to change room angle, up/down to change it upside-down (180 degrees)
F: toggle fullscreen on/off

GAMEPLAY:
Reach the square, black hole (it's in the bottom of the room in the first stage) and avoid the red neon-ish laser beams.

WHAT YOU WILL FIND IN THIS DEMO:
- A basic first level that introduces you to the movement to get confident with the cube mechanics
- A quarter of the second level that will introduce you to the neon beams
- Some death SFX

TODO LIST:
- At least 30 - 36 levels
- SFX and BGM (chillout, relaxing style)
- A decent menu involving the cube itself
- Traps?

DOWNLOAD .ZIP

Some screens
http://i.imgur.com/NPiX4T3.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/oOEgFJ0.jpg

ANY SUGGESTION/CRITICISM IS HIGHLY APPRECIATED, THANKS FOR THE ATTENTION!

G

GameQuester

I find it a bit confusing when I used the 180° switch, because it's so abrupt. I'm curious how you will design the next levels. Good start so far.

Got this error after finishing the second room.
of Step Eventobj_hole
for object obj_square:

Moving to next room after the last room.
at gml_Object_obj_square_Collision_5
############################################################################################

A

Andrea Dominante

I find it a bit confusing when I used the 180° switch, because it's so abrupt. I'm curious how you will design the next levels. Good start so far.

Got this error after finishing the second room.
Thanks for the feedback.

For the 180 degrees thing, I can't think of other ways to implement it; making it a little bit more continuous would make you feel dizzier and would damage the gameplay, in my opinion.

The error is because, as I stated before, this demo includes only the first finished level and a quarter of the second, so there is no third room so far.