• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE Sound Mixer?

M

MexicanBurrito

Hi!

Was curious about the new sound mixer in GM:S2 and was wondering if anyone could shed some light on it. Does it work as a DAW mixer and does it support VST3 plugins (like EQ, Compressor, Delay etc.?). Can you bus sounds to channels? Couldn't find anything online that could show me so thought I could ask the Beta testers.

Have a great day!

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
Currently the sound mixer is simply a tool that is used to play various sounds together so that you can tweak their volumes and get everything to sound right together. It's very basic but still useful. More features may be added in the future, but I certainly wouldn't compare it to a DAW mixer...

M

MexicanBurrito

ah I see. Well it sounds wonderful non the less and can't wait to try it! Does it include panning at the moment? If not I hope they will add it :)

Posho

Currently the sound mixer is simply a tool that is used to play various sounds together so that you can tweak their volumes and get everything to sound right together. It's very basic but still useful.
I noticed this while fiddling around and this is one of my favorite additions so far.
No more hours wasted on Audacity during game jams just to get the audio right.

M

MexicanBurrito

I noticed this while fiddling around and this is one of my favorite additions so far.
No more hours wasted on Audacity during game jams just to get the audio right.
Am I allowed to ask for maybe some screenshots of the mixer? Can't find any online atm. As long as it doesn't break any Beta confidentiality rules.