• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Job Offer - Programmer Seeking Programmer for 2D Fighting Game

C

calactyte

So, I'm about to make a pitch to a major publisher for a beloved 2D fighting game from the 90s.
We've already scored a meeting with the creator of the franchise and in that meeting it was determined that my team needed to build a proof of concept to get the deal moving forward.

The deal is I have one guy on my team who knows enough gamemaker to put together a mostly good game demo. The problem we have is we're getting freezing bugs when p1 and p2 fight against each other at certain points in the demo making it nearly unplayable.

I'm looking to pay an expert gamemaker programmer (after signing an NDA) to go through our fighting game code and fix the freezing bug while tweaking fighting mechanics to complete the demo. We have alot of fighting game assets, such as sounds, music, environment animations and character animations which are also making compile times unbearably slow so it'd be helpful if you had a powerful machine to work on which should mitigate this issue.

The game demo is I'd say 85% complete, there just a few issues with special moves and juggle timing which would need to be resolved. If you are interested, please contact me at [email protected]. My name is Joe Tresca.

R

R34LD34L

Hey, i can assist you in your project as well as make it online, Ive worked on mmo's and tons of other games. I have been programming for about 8 - 9 years now and im well above average i must say. If your interested pm me ill show you my portfolio :D

C

calactyte

Hi there,

Sounds very good, I'd love to see your portfolio and in particular any fighting games you've built.

Do you know any other programming languages such as C# for Unity? Have any experience with Unity at all?

Can you please send me the following info so that I can prepare the NDA?

First Name Signer:

Last Name Signer:

Country of business:

Company Name (if you have one):

Address:

Business Type (S-corp, LLC, C-corp):

Thanks,

Joe Tresca

R

R34LD34L

Hi there,

Sounds very good, I'd love to see your portfolio and in particular any fighting games you've built.

Do you know any other programming languages such as C# for Unity? Have any experience with Unity at all?

Can you please send me the following info so that I can prepare the NDA?

First Name Signer:

Last Name Signer:

Country of business:

Company Name (if you have one):

Address:

Business Type (S-corp, LLC, C-corp):

Thanks,

Joe Tresca
I would prefer to do this in private over skype or email, preferably skype.

C

calactyte

Sure if you'll give me an email address that I can reach you at we can talk via email. Or you can email me the answers to these questions at [email protected].

Thanks,

Joe Tresca