• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows Windows 10 just deleted game maker studio

I don't know what happened.
There was an update for the anniversary or something, then windows defender auto-activated by itself.
And suddently everything is gone.

Did this happen to anyone else?

I didn't even know I had windows defender.

Llama_Code

There has already been a topic about this. Are you sure GMS is gone or did it just delete it from your start menu, because in most cases it just gets deleted from the Start Menu and GMS us still installed.

There has already been a topic about this. Are you sure GMS is gone or did it just delete it from your start menu, because in most cases it just gets deleted from the Start Menu and GMS us still installed.
As you see in the screenshot, it's gone. (the program is not in the GameMaker Studio 1.4 folder to the left)
re-installing right now.

edit: BTW the update happened an hour ago, that's probably a new thing.

That screenshot only shows me the shortcut is gone, which is not the program.
It's definitely the program. Thing just deleted it right after installation. I went to the installation folder and it's gone.
Gotta add it to exceptions. Or maybe, I dunno, uninstall windows defender, which is a program I never asked for.

edit: ok, adding it to windows defender exceptions seems to have fixed the problem.