OFFICIAL 2.3.7 Betas Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
This topic is for the discussion of issues relating to the update of GameMaker Studio 2. However, this does not replace our normal bug reporting system and you should report all bugs as normal using https://accounts.yoyogames.com/contact-us

As ever, PLEASE check the Required SDKs FAQ before/during updating and ensure your antivirus/OS permissions are correct after you do the new install - User Permissions and Internet Access Required by GMS2 - before you submit any bug reports or post issues here.

You should post here if:
  • Something has changed between the previous version and this one, breaking your game (i.e.: code that worked previously now does not)
  • Something reported as fixed in the release notes is not actually fixed
  • You are having IDE or system issues related to something new in this update
  • You are having issues with new features introduced in this version
  • You are having issues updating to this version
  • Everything works and you want to tell us we are great (seriously, let us know if it all works correctly for you)
When reporting issues to the Helpdesk, please try to add as much information as possible, for example:
  • If the issue is with the IDE, then please give a screenshot if you can to help illustrate the problem
  • If there are error windows, then a link to the "ui.log" file found via the "Open Log in ..." Help menu command inside GMS2
  • If it is a code issue, then link to or attach a YYZ showing the most basic project possible which exhibits the behaviour
  • If you receive any error dialogues, please screenshot them
  • If it is a system issue (like compiling to a specific target) then please provide details of the PC being used as well as the software versions involved
Again: posting a comment in these release threads is not a replacement for filing a bug!

Release Notes

Runtime Release Notes

Current Release - IDE v23.1.1.432 Runtime v23.1.1.410 (Nov 23, 2021)

Actually a fair bit new/changed in this one, as we have added a few more room filter types and also made a change to better support Android API 31+, so check out the release notes and please do give this one a good going-over.

If you have any stability or performance issues running this one on Mac or Ubuntu IDEs (especially when doing things such as File > Open or something else to cause an external window to be spawned on top of GMS2), please do let us know asap and send in a bug report with some system info and your ui.log.

Beta 7 - IDE v23.1.1.431 Runtime v23.1.1.409 (Nov 18, 2021)

We have optimised project loading, specifically with regards to generating the Asset Browser images. so you should see a significant improvement in IDE project load times. If you see any project loading issues do please report a bug and be sure to include your project.

Please see the release notes for the full list of changes.

Beta 6 - IDE v23.1.1.429 Runtime v23.1.1.408 (Nov 16, 2021)

This one is quite a nice stability release, as it fixes a small stack of IDE crashes/hangs, including some "random" ones users had reported tickets for, and resolves an SSO licensing issue which might have been causing you to be logged-out far too frequently.

Added a new setting into the Font Editor options window to say if you want to use the kerning info in the font or not. Added a compression stage into Opera GX packaging, so now your uploads will take a little longer to build, but results in smaller uploads for you / downloads for your players.

Beta 5 - IDE v23.1.1.428 Runtime v23.1.1.407 (Nov 11, 2021)

This one has an important change in that the GMS in-built "true" and "false" values are actually now of type Boolean, rather than Number as they have been in all previous releases. You may need to edit your projects to compensate.

There is also a fix for iOS builds being unable to find the package once it has been built (only an issue if you are not using the suppressed Preference) and we have now added a helper warning dialog if you try to build a project containing old-format Spine sprites you need to re-export now.

Several other important runtime bug fixes and IDE stability improvements also, so see the release notes threads above for specifics.

Beta 4 - IDE v23.1.1.425 Runtime v23.1.1.404 (Nov 9, 2021)

Fixes a good number of recently-reported issue with the new features and also brings us up to new versions of SDL and FNA. See the release notes threads above for specifics.

Note that we are already aware of an issue with closing the Mac IDE can give an OS error (3 of them...) about SDL stuff - you don't need to report this one, but please do let us know about any others you see.

Beta 3 - IDE v23.1.1.423 Runtime v23.1.1.401 (Nov 4, 2021)

Please see the Release Notes for full details but exciting points include:
  • Spine 4.0 support (be very aware you will be required to export your assets from Spine 4.0)
  • Native M1 Mac support
  • Room Instance Inspector

Beta 2 - IDE v23.1.1.421 Runtime v23.1.1.399 (Nov 2, 2021)

This version has a number of important bug fixes for renaming texture/audio groups and your sprites/sounds saving correctly thereafter, plus an IDE fix for duplicating a Sequence asset in the Asset Browser. It also introduces the ability to force-compile individual .ogg sounds.

Release notes-wise, we added the missing information about the null-coalescing operators we actually introduced in the last Beta but forgot to mention. Also, we added a temporary warning (an announcement post is to be released on social channels as well) that the next Beta and therefore 2.3.7 will introduce a Spine runtime update which will cause you to have to re-export any Spine files you want to use in your games.

As ever, see the release notes links above for the full info.

We are aware already of an issue where the Sound Editor's new OGG conversion gadget has pushed the audiogroups one off the bottom a bit - you don't need to report this one, thanks.

Beta 1 - IDE v23.1.1.420 Runtime v23.1.1.398 (Oct 29, 2021)

This version introduces Opera single sign-on for logging into the IDE (Opera login is optional and if you're already logged-in then you won't be asked to log in again now, but please do logout and give it a go at some point if you're taking part in the Betas - feedback is much appreciated).

It also hopefully fixes an issues with the Image Editor for some Mac IDE users, where drawing would overwrite existing content - if you were affected by this in 2.3.5/2.3.6 and this Beta works, please let us know!

On top of that, there are a number of in-game bug fixes, so see the notes above for the details.

We are aware already of an issue where if you logout after signing-in with SSO, then it can take two attempts to sign back in again (the first time you will be told your licence is invalid) and also an issue where 2-step emails may not be sent immediately when trying to sign-in with SSO.

Last edited:

Stra

To those weary of beta versions, I'd like to point out I've been running the stable and beta versions next to each other and using them intermittently without any issues so far. Just a heads up to those who are on the fence about trying out beta versions.

gnysek

Will SSO offer more types of logins? Like github, google, facebook, twitter? Cause from info on blog it seems it will be only Opera account, but on roadmap it states "variety of common systems".
While I like to test beta, I'm taking a break of first 2.3.7 release, and I will wait until release notes will grow little more later this month.

Since releases of stable will be done monthly, does that mean that beta will be weekly (Fridays?), or that will vary depending on what core team added, and there's no rules for it?

Last edited:

Stra

Yoyo mentioned Tuesday and Thursday beta releases each week. Personally I'd be ok with a single one on Wednesdays so that they have time until Friday if there is something new catastrophic that needs fixing.

gnysek

Yoyo mentioned
I've completely skipped this paragraph after seeing "monthly" in header and moved to next one :p Thanks!
I think it may be even too often to release it twice a week (except someone needs some critical fix for some critical bug and then can use that beta version, same as sometimes they provided private builds in between stable releases trough helpdesk in past). I will stick to checking it no more than two times per month, as otherwise I would play with beta more than with developing my projects :p

Dan

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
Beta 2 is rolling out now (IDE v23.1.1.421 Runtime v23.1.1.399) - unfortunately, the collision fixes haven't made it in time, but they are under way as Russell says a few posts above.

This version has a number of important bug fixes for renaming texture/audio groups and your sprites/sounds saving correctly thereafter, plus an IDE fix for duplicating a Sequence asset in the Asset Browser, a number of other in-game bug fixes, introduces the ability to force-compile .ogg sounds, and also adds the missing information about the null-coalescing operators we actually introduced in the last Beta but forgot to mention.

As ever, see the release notes links in my initial post above for the full info.

And as gynsek shows above, Spine 4.0 is coming in the NEXT Beta, not today's (Gav was maybe a little early changing that status there ;) ), so you will see there is a large warning about this in today's release notes. Just like the last time we updated the Spine support, Spine's runtimes do not offer backwards compatibility and so you will need to re-export your Spoine images using v4.0 of Spine itself and then update them inside your GMS2 projects.

Last edited:
I didn't expect getting Spine 4.0 so soon. I thought it was going to be next year until we got it. Really happy. :) The instance inspector for the room is I think should be really useful as well!

Just FYI, I don't use Spine collisions, however I think I remember only 1 Spine collision is supported? Will this 4.0 update make it so we can detect multiple collisions on the spine sprite? (It is called bounding box in the spine program, you can set multiple bounding boxes, but I think GM can't detect/check them all for different collision events. Different bounding boxes would trigger different code sort of thing.)

If not, that's totally fine! I was just curious if multiple bounding boxes would be supported. I usually have to use GM objects as the bounding boxes, and this feature would be excellent to use instead.

Last edited:

gnysek

important bug fixes for renaming texture/audio groups and your sprites/sounds saving correctly thereafter
So that was a bug! I thought that I've pressed "cancel" when IDE asked me to save changes on exit and that's why my sprites were lost :p

I still have no sound on Ubuntu, and lot of Unable to convert <sound_name_here>. File not found. and Audio file '<sound_name_here>' not found in cache! (Ubuntu only). I thought that maybe this .ogg fix will do something with it, but I see no differences (but audio works OK in IDE). game.unx on exported game have 4KB, so seems that audio is not exported at all.

gnysek

I see that Spine 4.1 is already in beta, why then a 4.0 support only (I see no new features in 4.1, so probably no changes in GMS are required to support also 4.1).
Btw. it's first week of November and all new features for 2.3.7 are there, awesome job :)

Alice

Darts addict
Forum Staff
I see that Spine 4.1 is already in beta, why then a 4.0 support only (I see no new features in 4.1, so probably no changes in GMS are required to support also 4.1).
I think it's less about having to export from Spine 4.0 exactly, and more about not exporting from a Spine version older than 4.0.
So 4.1 might be fine, but 3.x will not.

iampremo

GameMaker Staff
Admin
GameMaker Dev.
Gav was maybe a little early changing that status there ;)
I never change things early, nor late, I change them precisely when I mean to :p

Just so everyone is aware "In Beta" covers all the way from "development complete" to "available in a public beta", and before anyone asks, I'm not adding any more statuses as I want to keep it fairly simple.

Beta 3 ( IDE v23.1.1.423 Runtime v23.1.1.401 ) is currently releasing.

Please see the Release Notes for full details but exciting points include:
  • Spine 4.0 support (be very aware you will be required to export your assets from Spine 4.0)
  • Native M1 Mac support
  • Room Instance Inspector
I am super stoked for the native M1 Mac support. Will test it out.

Ricardo

• Native M1 Mac support
IDE seems to work okay (couldn't notice any performance difference to be honest). Build time didn't change at all (since mono-sgen64 is still Intel).
Running or building for YYC is now broken for my project, though. Even the Xcode project fails (this used to work for me when running through the IDE failed).
Getting:
clang: error: unable to execute command: No such file or directory
> Precompile pch.hpp (x86_64)

Did any requirement for YYC change?

rwkay

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
IDE seems to work okay (couldn't notice any performance difference to be honest). Build time didn't change at all (since mono-sgen64 is still Intel).
Running or building for YYC is now broken for my project, though. Even the Xcode project fails (this used to work for me when running through the IDE failed).
Getting:
clang: error: unable to execute command: No such file or directory
> Precompile pch.hpp (x86_64)

Did any requirement for YYC change?
Nothing has changed other than the IDE was recompiled for M1 - but this is one of the reasons it is in a Beta I noticed there is an XCode update for 13.1 did you update that??

Russell

UPDATE : I just checked on my M1 Mac Book Pro and it is working fine with XCode 13.1 on YYC, though I did have to ensure that my Apple ID account was logged into properly for XCode to update and register all the Bundle ID's and developer certificates.

Last edited:

Ricardo

Nothing has changed other than the IDE was recompiled for M1 - but this is one of the reasons it is in a Beta I noticed there is an XCode update for 13.1 did you update that??

Russell
I checked and Xcode was already 13.1 (I don't remember me updating that, so it should have been an automatic update).
I did open my project again on 2.3.6 and tried YYC just to make sure it wasn't something wrong with Xcode. It worked.
Opened the same project again with this beta and YYC this time worked (???) - no idea, maybe an Xcode fluke.
Now I'm having a YYC code crash with a specific system, but that's something I need to investigate and isolate (Not sure if it is a bug per se or something I can tweak myself).

About mono-sgen64 being Intel, I imagine you guys have zero control over Mono supporting or not ARM64, but I'm still curious if you guys know something about it.

rwkay

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
About mono-sgen64 being Intel, I imagine you guys have zero control over Mono supporting or not ARM64, but I'm still curious if you guys know something about it.
I did take a look yesterday and it looks like the current nightly of Mono has a universal binary so I am hoping when that is released as stable that we can switch to that one.

Russell

Ricardo

@rwkay got a crash you'd probably want to take a look at (ticket 190594). Referencing ref is broken on YYC, it throws "Unable to get variable ref from object".
Quick example to reproduce it by Juju:
GML:
//This crashes.
var _struct = { a : "b" };
weak_ref = weak_ref_create(_struct);
show_debug_message(weak_ref.ref);
Funnily enough, weak_ref[$ "ref"] works.

Last edited:

rIKmAN

I see that Spine 4.1 is already in beta, why then a 4.0 support only
YYG have only ever updated to support "release" versions of Spine and have never updated to support a beta version.
The reason we had to wait until now to get the Spine v4 update which was scheduled a while ago is because they were waiting for v4 to come out of beta status and by the time it did the slot YYG had scheduled to do the update had passed - so it's slipped until now.

Also likely that 4.1 *should* work but best to check the Spine release notes to see if they have changed anything major or altered the json output in any way that would choke GMS when trying to import skeletons.

gnysek

Yeah, that's why I asked, cause from release notes it seems that there's no functionality changes at all (only fixes in Spine editor), so probably both versions could be marked as supported, and no additional work is required other than giving a span of versions that works :)
That's nothing important, I thought that maybe YYG is in close touch with Spine team and know if it's stable enough (or just made quick tests) to include it as potentially safe to use too. As it's not that hard to change to older version of Spine, I think those answers are satisfying my curiosity :)

rIKmAN

Yeah, that's why I asked, cause from release notes it seems that there's no functionality changes at all (only fixes in Spine editor), so probably both versions could be marked as supported, and no additional work is required other than giving a span of versions that works :)
That's nothing important, I thought that maybe YYG is in close touch with Spine team and know if it's stable enough (or just made quick tests) to include it as potentially safe to use too. As it's not that hard to change to older version of Spine, I think those answers are satisfying my curiosity :)
Try it and see and if you encounter any issues then report them, I was told that there will be multiple updates/bug fixes to the Spine v4 support through the next betas and that a dev is currently working through the entire list of Spine bugs/tickets, so it seems it would be a good time to get any issues you find reported and have them looked at quickly while some of the devs focus is on Spine.

gnysek

Seems that I wrongly understand what "beta" means for Spine developers. I thought that it's same as in most of apps, that beta is in some way finalized product which only needs some test and bug fixes or adjustments and will be released soon (so closer to "RC", release candidate), while they had beta for 4.0 for about 10+ months, adding lot of new features, so it was just a public preview of development version (like from development branch in git) :p They even don't have closed list of features and any deadline for next version from what I see now, so anything can be yet added...
This question was more to ensure that situation where GMS 2.3.7 is released, and Spine 4.1 is released few days before/after, but it seems that it's too distant thing to consider it at all (as next version of Spine might be not released for next half of year or more). YYG dev team already made research for that and that's why this version wasn't taken into account - and now I understand why it was a reasonable choice.
My fault that I didn't take a deeper look to Spine roadmap and changelog about previous betas, and I just made unnecessary confusion. It was like asking if YYG is prepared for Windows 10 22H2, which is still faaaar ahead (if may even won't come at all) :p
Just ignore that question about Spine versions from now on, 4.0 is the proper one :p

Last edited:

rIKmAN

Seems that I wrongly understand what "beta" means for Spine developers. I thought that it's same as in most of apps, that beta is in some way finalized product which only needs some test and bug fixes or adjustments and will be released soon (so closer to "RC", release candidate), while they had beta for 4.0 for about 10+ months, adding lot of new features, so it was just a public preview of development version (like from development branch in git) :p They even don't have closed list of features and any deadline for next version from what I see now, so anything can be yet added...
This question was more to ensure that situation where GMS 2.3.7 is released, and Spine 4.1 is released few days before/after, but it seems that it's too distant thing to consider it at all (as next version of Spine might be not released for next half of year or more).
My fault that I didn't take a deeper look to Spine roadmap and changelog about previous betas, and I just made unnecessary confusion. It was like asking if YYG is prepared for Windows 10 22H2, which is still faaaar ahead (if may even won't come at all) :p
Just ignore that question from now on :p
Yep, Spine walks to the beat of it's own drum!

However any "breaking" changes between versions are usually announced well in advance by Esoteric and as you rightly said if the update is just to the Spine IDE then it shouldn't really affect GMS2 support.
It's really only changes to the runtimes and the exported json that break GMS2 and require updates on the YYG side.

Spine support will eventually be broken out into an extension rather than being heavily tied into the runner/backend as it is now, so hopefully with Opera and more YYG devs added that can go smoothly and allow them to keep on top of any smaller incremental updates as they come, rather than it having to be a massive undertaking due to the accumulation of Spine updates made before YYG get around to updating the runner.

I'm so happy I can finally update Spine and enjoy all the new IDE fixes/features that have happened since 3.7, been a long time coming for me personally but we're finally here.

breakmt

Hello. I have Macbook Air M1 and as I already reported (188556) since 2.3.3 workspace scrolling is not smooth anymore. Do you plan to fix this issue?
Comparison:

rwkay

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
Hello. I have Macbook Air M1 and as I already reported (188556) since 2.3.3 workspace scrolling is not smooth anymore. Do you plan to fix this issue?
Comparison:
Well this is the first version that supports M1 so we are still working on getting niggles out of the system.

Russell

EDIT: Actually I have just noticed that you are on a really really old version of the IDE - can you please update to the current Beta and let us know the results?? Also how are you panning (pressing space and moving mouse OR are you middle clicking and panning around??)

Last edited:

breakmt

Well this is the first version that supports M1 so we are still working on getting niggles out of the system.

Russell

EDIT: Actually I have just noticed that you are on a really really old version of the IDE - can you please update to the current Beta and let us know the results?? Also how are you panning (pressing space and moving mouse OR are you middle clicking and panning around??)
Yes, video is for old beta, but result is same for current one. I tried to pan around with Space + Finger on a touchpad and it was smooth. Actually I use other way to pan around - two fingers (not pressed) on a touchpad without space bar pressed. I recorded new video with latest beta where you can see difference - first I pan around with two fingers, then with space+one finger. I also tried with pressing mouse middle key and it was ok too.

rwkay

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
Yes, video is for old beta, but result is same for current one. I tried to pan around with Space + Finger on a touchpad and it was smooth. Actually I use other way to pan around - two fingers (not pressed) on a touchpad without space bar pressed. I recorded new video with latest beta where you can see difference - first I pan around with two fingers, then with space+one finger. I also tried with pressing mouse middle key and it was ok too.
I am not seeing this on my machine here but I am panning around using a magic mouse and spacebar - so are you saying the bug only happens if you use two fingers on a touchpad (no spacebar)???

Russell

breakmt

I am not seeing this on my machine here but I am panning around using a magic mouse and spacebar - so are you saying the bug only happens if you use two fingers on a touchpad (no spacebar)???

Russell
Yes, only two finger and no spacebar.

rwkay

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
Yes, only two finger and no spacebar.
I can confirm that I am seeing that on my machine - I suspect the issue here is the values we are getting back from the touchpad and how they are being translated into movements when using 2 fingers like that (so not 100% sure it will be fixable for that case)

Russell

breakmt

I can confirm that I am seeing that on my machine - I suspect the issue here is the values we are getting back from the touchpad and how they are being translated into movements when using 2 fingers like that (so not 100% sure it will be fixable for that case)

Russell
Hope so. Thank you. At last I just want to say that in 2.3.3 it works ok, but that was before IDE rendering change.

rwkay

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
Hope so. Thank you. At last I just want to say that in 2.3.3 it works ok, but that was before IDE rendering change.
I suspect the issue was the change from OpenTK -> SDL2 and the input will be coming in a different manner - I will check it out though

Russell

Mert

Do the following injectors work for you : YYAndroidTopLevelGradleBuildscriptDependencies, YYAndroidTopLevelGradleAllprojectsRepositories, YYAndroidTopLevelGradle ?

Hi all,
someone know the exact relationship between the fps and fps_real? i have an fps_real at around 1000 up in the game but if i use some shader, intense shader i still have a good fps_real but not a good fps, drop to 34/40 instead of 60 also as i said the fps_real remain more than 1000.

In the image attached there are 800+ fps_real but 32 fps and is very strange.

Edit: can't attach image.

Would be good to have a comment if this is a problem of the beta or not, but this happen also in the 2.3.6 stable.

I am going to be using that "nullish" ?? Operator sooooo much, as well as the omission undefined shorthand. What a godsend for custom script libs.

Alice

Darts addict
Forum Staff
I am going to be using that "nullish" ?? Operator sooooo much, as well as the omission undefined shorthand. What a godsend for custom script libs.
Oh my goodness, they added the null-coalescing operator? I will finally no longer need to wrap the nullability in the coalesce function!

Just for the record - is this operator short-circuiting as well? So e.g. if I have an expression like this:
GML:
var _variable = first_script() ?? second_script() ?? third_script();
then will second_script get called if and only if first_script() returned undefined?
Will third_script will get called if and only if two previous scripts returned undefined?

Likewise:
GML:
_variable ??= fourth_script();
Will fourth_script be called if and only if _variable is undefined?

Dan

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
Beta 4 is rolling out now (IDE v23.1.1.425 Runtime v23.1.1.404). Fixes a good number of recently-reported issue with the new features and also brings us up to new versions of SDL and FNA. See the release notes threads for specifics.

Note that we are already aware of an issue with closing the Mac IDE can give an OS error (3 of them...) about SDL stuff - you don't need to report this one, but please do let us know about any others you see.

Stra

Two of my bugs are listed as fixed. Well. WELL.
Things are developing lightning fast.
šŸ˜

(And I can confirm they are fixed: enter key at login and first frame in shake effect)

S

Sam (Deleted User)

Not enough appreciation goes into this fact for people who aren't in the know - so I felt compelled to make everyone aware -- the Windows IDE recently swapped all of its graphics rendering code from OpenGL to Direct3D. Being someone who works with graphics programming I know this is no small feat - they literally rewrote the graphics pipline from scratch without hardly breaking anything and without any major inconsistencies between the two graphics systems - this is a lot of work and a huge effort, and deserves some appreciation. They are planning to move to Metal and replace OpenGL on macOS as well, just want them to get some recognition for these two things. Thank you YoYoGames!!! :D

Edit:

I encountered this bug in the previous beta:
  • In-Game: [Ubuntu] Crash on game start if using .gml files in extensions
I'm excited to see that it is fixed. Thank you!!

gnysek

WHAAAAATTTT??? It wasn't on IDE release notes of 420 earlier... I don't remember both nullish ?? and ommiting default arguments to be there on initial Release Notes, I even commented that I'm skipping this beta cause it adds only Opera SSO Login option (I remember that there was info about upcoming Spine update, which is now gone, as this change is in effect)... I would for sure grab it seeing such changes!
What's fun, I even was thinking about both of those functionalities today, that it would be great if they could be added one day, but there's probably low chance... How wrong I was!
I also like that Workspaces Overview stays now after opening, while this seems to be side effect of another change, for me it's a new nice feature :)
Any estimated day for release version of 2.3.7?
As they are moved to monthly releases, I'm think that it will be just around end of month, and they will just put as much as they can until that day instead of releasing it with predefined feature list (but I might be wrong).

gnysek

There's a regression with 9-slices, when using draw_sprite_stretched_ext or draw_sprite_stretched (and similar) - origins of sprites seems to be ignored and they are drawn like it's 0,0.

Update: example attached to #190812 report.

Edit 2: I also got confirmation (#190802), that since ?? and ??= are introduced, it's a bug that var a; a ??= 5; causes fatal error of not-set variable, instead of setting "a" as "undefined".

Last edited:

rwkay

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
There's a regression with 9-slices, when using draw_sprite_stretched_ext or draw_sprite_stretched (and similar) - origins of sprites seems to be ignored and they are drawn like it's 0,0.

Update: example attached to #190812 report.

Edit 2: I also got confirmation (#190802), that since ?? and ??= are introduced, it's a bug that var a; a ??= 5; causes fatal error of not-set variable, instead of setting "a" as "undefined".

Err that is not a bug (#190802) that is correct (you have not set a at all) so it will error.

Russell

gnysek

Err that is not a bug
So good that I wrote it here on forum too, cause helpdesk informed me it is a bug, and I would wait to see it on release notes someday (as helpdesk isn't informing that something was rejected as bug, and wouldn't be changed in fact).

I thought that not setting a at all means it's undefined :p

Last edited:

rwkay

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
So good that I wrote it here on forum too, cause helpdesk informed me it is a bug, and I would wait to see it on release notes someday (as helpdesk isn't informing that something was rejected as bug, and wouldn't be changed in fact).

I thought that not setting a at all means it's undefined :p
No you are confusing Javascript with GML - in GML you need to set a value to a variable (it is not just automatically undefined)

Russell

Status
Not open for further replies.