• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows Cannot select, cut, copy, or paste tiles in room editor

blexc

Hello,

I am using auto tiling for a 2D game I'm working on. Sometimes I want to shift a large chunk of the tiles I drew. I've seen online you can apparently select tiles by pressing "S" and then my guess clicking and dragging, but pressing "S" does nothing. When I click on the select button, then click and drag to cover the tiles I want to move, I cannot do CTRL-X, Y, Z to cut, copy, or paste.

Below you can see I've selected a bunch of tiles I want to move. Upon pressing CTRL-X, nothing happens. What's going on? Is my keyboard shortcuts messed up or is there some other way to move these tiles?
tile_select.png

rIKmAN

What version of GMS2 are you using?

There have been some issues with keyboard shortcuts recently but I think they've been fixed in recent betas - have a check of the Release Notes.
I'm not what fixes from the betas have made it to the latest Stable version yet.

If you are using Stable it might be worth grabbing the latest beta and seeing if the problems you are having persist.

Last edited:

blexc

What version of GMS2 are you using?

There have been some issues with keyboard shortcuts recently but I think they've been fixed in recent betas - have a check of the Release Notes.
I'm not what fixes from the betas have made it to the latest Stable version yet.

If you are using Stable it might be worth grabbing the latest beta and seeing if the problems you are having persist.
I am using the latest stable release, 2.3.5.589.

Tested the beta version, and found that it DOES work there. The keyboard shortcuts (S -> select, A -> autotile, etc.), and the cutting and pasting of selected tiles work.

I hope they bring it to stable release soon, since tbh I don't want to risk losing my project by using beta (even though I am using source control).