• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows GMS2 2.2.5 IDE fatal error: did not complete it's installation correctly, please reinstall.

Carrissis

Hi i have a similar issue I get this
View attachment 41348
I need help also... I don't know what to do!!!
Having the exact same issue on Windows 10. I haven't installed or changed anything new. I have no active projects I am working on and/or changed anything. I followed the article and removed it completely and reinstalled the software.

The program will not even start. Not sure what my next step would be.

- edit: removed link to article/115002062812

Last edited:

rIKmAN

Having the exact same issue on Windows 10. I haven't installed or changed anything new. I have no active projects I am working on and/or changed anything. I followed the article and removed it completely and reinstalled the software.

The program will not even start. Not sure what my next step would be.

- edit: removed link to article/115002062812
Try using the software renderer and see if that allows the IDE to start.

Carrissis

Try using the software renderer and see if that allows the IDE to start.
I tried that. I am going to create a help ticket. This just started recently. I have been using GMS2 since it was first released on this computer. I don't use it that often, so I am not exactly sure when the problem originally occurred :-/

I noted that with doing the Windows 11 check it said TPM 2.0 must be enabled. I'm just reaching at this point. I really try to figure things out before posting a help ticket.

Thank you for the help :)

rIKmAN

I tried that. I am going to create a help ticket. This just started recently. I have been using GMS2 since it was first released on this computer. I don't use it that often, so I am not exactly sure when the problem originally occurred :-/
Possibly an update or other software changed something.

Did you reinstall and tick the checkboxes for DotNet and Visual C++ Redistributable like it says in the error messagge posted by john6370 above?