OFFICIAL 2.3.4 Beta Release

Status
Not open for further replies.

gnysek

That is such a simple feature
It might seems to be simple, but is not, as you can have code in: scripts, events, room start, creation code, shaders, etc. Many many planes co count. Of course it's a nice feature, and I suggest you to use helpesk to report it, as sadly this is topic about beta stability, not about features we want...

Zhanghua

It might seems to be simple, but is not, as you can have code in: scripts, events, room start, creation code, shaders, etc. Many many planes co count. Of course it's a nice feature, and I suggest you to use helpesk to report it, as sadly this is topic about beta stability, not about features we want...
I just count the *.gml

Dan

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.

Zhanghua

Beta 7 Release - IDE v23.1.1.371 Runtime v23.1.1.342 (Aug 26, 2021)

Smaller release this time, but with some very important fixes. Locals in the debugger should be fine now, as is if you saw any issues requesting permission to execute when trying to build "any other target than macOS" when using the Mac IDE or "any target other than Ubuntu" when using the Ubuntu IDE.

https://gms.yoyogames.com/ReleaseNotes-NuBeta.html
https://gms.yoyogames.com/release-notes-runtime-NuBeta.html
The dll load issue
and
IME issue

gnysek

Could we get added:
https://gms.yoyogames.com/GameMakerStudio2-<<<VERSION|Beta-VERSION>>>.deb
https://gms.yoyogames.com/GameMakerStudio2-<<<VERSION>>>.pkg
among with currently existing
https://gms.yoyogames.com/GameMakerStudio-Installer-<<<VERSION>>>.exe
as links in release notes?

Ideally I see it like this:
1630402785378.png

Dan

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
Could we get added:
There are no plans to do that.

The release notes of course do already have all those links in there; it's just that it only offers the relevant installer for the OS you're using at the time you view the page. That change would only benefit someone who wanted to download all 3 installers whilst on one machine, and you can already do that via the Accounts page version (to an extent - the Ubuntu IDE is not on that page right now).

Dan

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
New Beta version is rolling out now (IDE v23.1.1.375 Runtime v23.1.1.345). Again, mostly an IDE update, but there are a couple of important runtime fixes, so do ensure you get both bits updated.

The change to re-enable multiple windows support also required a change in renderer on the Windows IDE, so if you do have any issues with startup again or with things not rendering properly, please do let us know asap - we might need DXDiags to be sent as tickets, so feel free to send us a ticket straight away rather than just adding a comment here.
  • We are aware that some displays/GPUS might have an issue when running a debugger build in that you see the GMS2 window loses its title bar and moves up the screen whilst the debugger is open. Clicking the X on the debugger's workspace will fix.
  • We are also aware that the manual has not been updated yet with the changes to the extension editor - this manual update will be released tomorrow or Thursday if all goes to plan.
Any other issues, please report them.

Enjoy!

gnysek

Marketplace library is not working on both beta and stable. Shows Your library is empty. and refreshing doesn't help. From fiddler, it seems that it makes a request to /api/2/digest with email+session_id (got from /api/2/login) as params, but returns {"status":"failed","message":"Session not found"}.

Zhanghua

@Dan

Thank you for solving the UNDO AND REDO issue For the CN IME.
Here is the other issue left:
1. I add the showcase of the input blocking issue on Switch IME from CN to EN in #186343
2. Android gradle code injection is invalid And AndroidManifest.xml Permission injection twice in #187292 .
3. dependency DLL load issue in IDE in #187175 .

Last edited:

Dan

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
Marketplace library is not working on both beta and stable. Shows Your library is empty. and refreshing doesn't help. From fiddler, it seems that it makes a request to /api/2/digest with email+session_id (got from /api/2/login) as params, but returns {"status":"failed","message":"Session not found"}.
Our Web team are aware and fixing it asap. As you saw yourself, this is not an issue with the Beta release, so you should see things just return to normal in both IDEs the next time you start GMS2 after they have made the fix.

gnysek

I can confirm that:
Building Projects: [Ubuntu IDE] Fixed that cleaning a project resulted in the default project save folder being deleted
Still happens for me (ide v 23.1.1.375) - seems to be critical!. I've just lost all my test projects on Ubuntu :D

Also, if I go to /home/<USER>/.config/GameMakerStudio2-Beta/Cache/GMS2CACHE/<ProjectName>_<HASH>/<Project_Name>/Default/Audio/ and delete any file there, music will not be added into game and it might result in crash during compiling game. Audio should be re-created IMO.

Edit: that problem with audio is bigger. I've created new project, added random .ogg file, and when I run game, I'm getting:
Code:
Converting Sound1 to Wav 16bit mono @ 44100Hz
Unable to convert Sound1. File not found.
Audio file 'Sound1' not found in cache!

Last edited:

rwkay

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
I can confirm that:

Still happens for me (ide v 23.1.1.375) - seems to be critical!. I've just lost all my test projects on Ubuntu :D
The bug was fixed by ensuring the defaults are set correctly on new installations, while on the Beta you will need to move projects out of the output directory (they should never have been put in there) - new installs will have the directory setup correctly (~/Documents/GameMakerStudio2 rather than ~/GameMakerStudio2)

please file a bug for the audio issue.

Russell

gnysek

~/Documents/GameMakerStudio2 rather than ~/GameMakerStudio2
Why I can't keep projects in other directories of home directory? Will it also break if I put it to any other folder like ~/somedir, and only ~/Documents/GameMakerStudio2 is valid? Would be good to add some message about it then (seems it applies to Ubuntu only?).

Last edited:

rwkay

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
Why I can't keep projects in other directories of home directory? Will it also break if I put it to any other folder like ~/somedir, and only ~/Documents/GameMakerStudio2 is valid? Would be good to add some message about it then (seems it applies to Ubuntu only?).
You can put them anywhere, just ~/GameMakerStudio2 directory is the one used to build to (or whatever you have set it up to be in preferences)

It is just the defaults we set them to that changed that is all (The bug was that they were set to the same place)

Russell

gnysek

You can put them anywhere, just ~/GameMakerStudio2 directory is the one used to build to (or whatever you have set it up to be in preferences)
Sorry that I'm continuing directories issue, but indeed, when running game it seems that files are landing in ~/GameMakerStudio2, however I have not set this directory anywhere:

1630587914036.png

Is this hardcoded somehow then? There's no ~/GameMakerStudio2 (/home/gnysek/GameMakerStudio2) on any of preference pages, I've checked all.

IGameArt

Search didn't turn up anything. Is yyc not yet supported in the beta? I can't for the life of me get my game to compile to yyc.
No compile errors, only error in the output is:
GML:
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The system cannot find the file specified
   at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithCreateProcess(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
   at GMAssetCompiler.Output.LLVM_Windows.(String , String )
   at GMAssetCompiler.Output.LLVM_Windows.(String , String , String , String , String , List`1 )
   at ..(GMAssets , String )
   at GMAssetCompiler.Program.(GMAssets )
   at GMAssetCompiler.Program.Reentry(String[] _args)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
I have visual studio 2019 installed.

Dan

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
Search didn't turn up anything. Is yyc not yet supported in the beta? I can't for the life of me get my game to compile to yyc.
No compile errors, only error in the output is:
GML:
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The system cannot find the file specified
   at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithCreateProcess(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
I have visual studio 2019 installed.
That indicates that some component is missing in your VS2019 install. Please see the Windows setup guide for ensuring your install is okay: https://help.yoyogames.com/hc/en-us/articles/235186048 (you may have checked this recently, but I just noticed the page had accidentally been reverted to an older version, so I just put the correct one back and it's all up-to-date for 2.3.4 again now.)

To explicitly answer your question: yes, you should be able to use VS2019 to run Windows YYC projects in these Betas - I can do that just fine right now.[/CODE][/QUOTE]

Dan

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
Beta 9 is rolling out now - IDE 379, runtime 350. Again, mostly a release for the IDE rather than the runtimes, as there is only 1 tiny runtime change, but full info can be found on the notes pages:

https://gms.yoyogames.com/ReleaseNotes-NuBeta.html
https://gms.yoyogames.com/release-notes-runtime-NuBeta.html

A specific thing we would ask you to please try in this release: could you please confirm the stability of this version if you allow the IDE to idle in/out of focus for a little while on your machines. Try also running a game and then letting that idle with the IDE, or closing the game and letting the IDE continue to idle. We have made some memory changes, so want to get any feedback (and logs) if you do have issues.

(If you have actually had this type of issue since before this release, please do let us know!)

gnysek

(please see if it's already in the bug database before you send the ticket, of course!)
For mortal users, only Resolved bugs are visible, and last one is dated for 2021-08-06, so they are quite old :D I've closed my YYC building ticket, as it seems that I've also landed on outdated page.

IGameArt

That indicates that some component is missing in your VS2019 install. Please see the Windows setup guide for ensuring your install is okay: https://help.yoyogames.com/hc/en-us/articles/235186048 (you may have checked this recently, but I just noticed the page had accidentally been reverted to an older version, so I just put the correct one back and it's all up-to-date for 2.3.4 again now.)

To explicitly answer your question: yes, you should be able to use VS2019 to run Windows YYC projects in these Betas - I can do that just fine right now.[/CODE]
[/QUOTE]

Hmm after following that guide very closely, no change. Yyc builds are still not compiling. I've rebooted several times to no affect.

COWCAT

Just tried this beta.
In the release notes is written :
  • Search & Replace: The Light skin's Search & Replace buttons no longer use the Dark skin's buttons
I thought this meant you had fixed the input fields displaying a white cursor on a white background with the Light skin, making the cursor near invisible (I reported that bug via a ticket earlier and you confirmed it) but apparently it's something different?
Disappointed :/

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
Just tested some of my work on the latest beta. Some of my findings:
  • On Lightweight Data Structures' master branch, there is a specific point in the test suite that crashes the YYC export silently, but works again if you stick show_debug_message near it.
  • Websockets compatibility with Node.js seems to be completely broken on this beta. Both stable and beta are failing to raw-connect on VM+YYC exports. Beta alone is reading fixed, invalid values from async_load[? "buffer"] when data is coming in. See this reproducing example (double-click start.bat and run TestNodeWebSockets_beta, Node.js required).
I will be testing the stability of some of my other libraries and projects sometime tomorrow. Hopefully the Websockets issue will be resolved soon enough for me to start experimenting with a cross-platform lobby+relay server.

Update: Except for Lightweight Data Structures, all of my other GMS 2.3+ libraries work on Windows, UWP, Ubuntu, Android and HTML5.

Last edited:

gnysek

I've reported two small bugs for Ubuntu at night, but as I already seen movements for 2.3.4 stable release (release notes are ready :squirrel: ), it seems that Ubuntu IDE will remain a "beta" version until 2.3.5 at least, while 2.3.4 will be released soon (and most of users starts to report issues after stable release only, so why keep beta so long if it seems to be 99,9% stable). Good move, as I can't wait to test GX Exporter, filters and intellisense improvements in next beta (in fact there's nowhere written that they all come in 2.3.5, they are just "in development" but I have hope :p).

I also like that my suggestion to write what was fixed instead of title of issue in release notes was accepted, now it's 5000% more readable and understandable! Good job!

Edit: 1 hour 3 minutes later, 2.3.4 is released ;)

Last edited:

Dan

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
Yup, as Piotr guessed this morning and just updated his post to say ;) https://forum.yoyogames.com/index.php?threads/2-3-4-stable-release-thread.89092/ is now the hip and happening place to be for all your Stable news.

There were a small number of bug fixes made since the last beta, so we would advise that you use 2.3.4 rather than sticking with your Beta install going forward.

Thanks again, all, for your feedback during these Betas. See you again for 2.3.5...

Status
Not open for further replies.