OFFICIAL [Update: Now over!] Humble GameMaker Bundle!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenRK

Oh wow! And here I was wondering how I was going to get the last couple modules I'm missing. Seriously, you guys could have asked for $100 for all of this and it would STILL be an awesome deal! For $15?!?!? I hope I'm actually alive!

G

GoodieBR

Just a quick hello to everyone and a big THANKS to YoYo Games for offering this bundle.

I've been lurking around GM for soooo long, and never thought I would be able to afford the Pro version.

V

VansiusProductions

YAY! Just a few days ago I posted a thread asking people opinions on whether I should buy game maker studio pro for $150
But now with this deal, 90% off! wow

P

Phil

I really hope YoYo has learned from last year's HB debacle and would make a genuine effort not to repeat it this time.

Have the licensing and export download server's capacity been scaled up this time around? This was your undoing last time. I'm especially concerned since I still regularly see people getting interrupted downloads off store.yoyogames.com under non-surge loads.

Have anyone at YoYo paid heed to the needs of educational license users? If they need support now (not surprising since the school year just began), they can get ignored for months while you clear the backlog. I know of at least one client YoYo lost this way last year.

Has the backlog for Android libpng and Google services been sufficiently cleared? The deadline for that is on the 17th, and I still haven't seen any signs of documentation for the updated SDK and extension setup required for 1.4.1760+. If that documentation doesn't go up soon, existing Android users can end up crowding the line with HB purchasers at the helpdesk.

I'd love to chip in again, but not if YoYo doesn't learn from its past lessons.
8 Failed 115mb downloads in the last 48 hours.
Honestly is it rocket science to set up a torrent link and a half decent seed?

7bones

Amazing bundle!!!!! 11/10

Tell me now what exactly,step by step,what I have to do to get steam keys now?

jazzzar

8 Failed 115mb downloads in the last 48 hours.
Honestly is it rocket science to set up a torrent link and a half decent seed?
I'm not getting that problem, everything worked fine for me so guess it's not yoyogame's fault

F

Forester

Gonna buy this bundle as soon as I can. I even got my Dad (a BASIC programmer) on this.

E

Escher

I also got the HB and I am really happy with it.
But of course, there is so much to learn, before I can start my first "own" project.
But starting with that Asteroid "First Game" videos, I rly got into the feeling, how long it can take.
At least, I can train my Pixel Art on this project.
Next step will be the Platformer videoseries, hope, that I also get into it as quick as in Asteroid.

Any advice for Beginner, which is not mentioned in the learning section?

D

Dr Sunnyside

@Escher
Make sure to try for yourself before asking for help, and remember to keep your first project small-scale.

Wow, humble bundle is such a bargain!

M

Me Myself and I

I also got the HB and I am really happy with it.
But of course, there is so much to learn, before I can start my first "own" project.
But starting with that Asteroid "First Game" videos, I rly got into the feeling, how long it can take.
At least, I can train my Pixel Art on this project.
Next step will be the Platformer videoseries, hope, that I also get into it as quick as in Asteroid.

Any advice for Beginner, which is not mentioned in the learning section?
Bookmark this page:
https://www.reddit.com/r/gamemaker/comments/3lyoik/game_maker_handbook_resources_for_beginners_an/

S

Sudo_Radish

well I bought the humble bundle because it was dirt cheap for the modules (I already had pro). Then I get a mail from my dad who says he saw it on humble bundle and bought me a copy. So now I have two spare codes for pro and the rest of it lol.

(Even tough I am 32 I still get the odd gift of my old man lol)

Mornedil

I went back from Unity to GameMaker for this.

I have been writing down concepts for a project for the past month or so that I planned for Unity, but now with all the additional export modules I couldn't afford before, and with my years of knowledge and experience in GameMaker, I'm moving the project over here!

M

Moon

The issues I seem to have is ...
- I'm able to download from humble,
- The size looks fine....
- I import using the instruction.. (I also tried it just by clicking the file).
- and the project HAS nothing inside it, no sprite, no script, no room.... Nothing.

Any suggestions?
I'm having the exact same problem but no one seems to know how to solve it :(

Yal

🐧 *penguin noises*
GMC Elder
I'm having the exact same problem but no one seems to know how to solve it :(
Try saving your imported project to a different folder... by default GMS saves it in the 'My Documents' area, and it might be write-protected or something since it's a system folder. I had a similar issue with a program once that couldn't update its databases when installed under Program Files for some reason.

M

Moon

Try saving your imported project to a different folder... by default GMS saves it in the 'My Documents' area, and it might be write-protected or something since it's a system folder. I had a similar issue with a program once that couldn't update its databases when installed under Program Files for some reason.
Thank you :) I'll try this as soon as I get GM working again.

G

gamemaker

Does Game maker Studio run on a Mac OS? Or is it only export to Mac but must compile on Windows?

rIKmAN

Hello, All.

Bought, registered, Licensed, all without issue. absolute bargain. Thank you. :)

Let the GameMaking begin.......
Hey Amon - small world :)

Does Game maker Studio run on a Mac OS? Or is it only export to Mac but must compile on Windows?
The IDE must run on Windows, but it compiles to Mac.
You could run the IDE using Parallels or something similar which I know some people do successfully.

G

gamemaker

Hey Amon - small world :)

The IDE must run on Windows, but it compiles to Mac.
You could run the IDE using Parallels or something similar which I know some people do successfully.
Thank you, that is what I was afraid of. Are there plans to port the IDE to the Mac OS? I read the older version has stopped I am hoping this new Studio version could be ported.

C

Claws61821

I realize this is probably already answered elsewhere, but if I have an existing Steam license can I assign the new modules to both that and the newly bought Pro license?

TehCupcakes

Thank you, that is what I was afraid of. Are there plans to port the IDE to the Mac OS? I read the older version has stopped I am hoping this new Studio version could be ported.
Not likely. In short, GM:S is a pain to develop for because it's built on a mountain of old code that is not cross-platform compatible. The old GM for Mac had to be discontinued because it wasn't very stable and had limited compatibility.

However, the murmurs of GM:S2 have been going around for a long time... A release date is still not announced, even though I believe it was once promised by the end of 2015. (You see how that worked out?) Still, I have high hopes that GM:S2 will arrive eventually, and when it does, it will be awesome. I expect it will be cross-platform compatible, with both a Windows and a Mac version of the IDE, although I can't remember if YYG has officially confirmed this. It just makes sense though, since they have stated that it is written "from the ground up." I also figure that the reason there have been so many sales and Humble Bundles giving away GM:S for a ridiculously low price is because GM:S2 is coming soon, so the value of the original is dropping. (Again, this is just pure speculation.)

cdgamedev

So the Humble Bundle gives you all compilers apart from Tizen and Windows Phone 8? I went through all of them and all but two allowed me to select it... I know I only own everything that I got through the Humble Bundle, not bought anyothers

S

Sam (Deleted User)

@iTzCallumUK

It also does not include the YYC, XB1 (non-UWP), PSVita, PS3, and PS4.

However, you will be able to use the UWP for XB1 and Windows Phone 8 development), once they have added support for this, which they haven't yet.

rIKmAN

@iTzCallumUK

It also does not include the YYC, XB1 (non-UWP), PSVita, PS3, and PS4.
Is there a separate standalone YYC not included?

I have YYC Targets for Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS, Windows UWP and Windows 8 all from the Humble Bundle deal, unless you mean something completely different?

Also the console targets are free but you must be a registered developer in the MS / Sony dev programs.

S

Sam (Deleted User)

Is there a separate standalone YYC not included?

I have YYC Targets for Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS, Windows UWP and Windows 8 all from the Humble Bundle deal, unless you mean something completely different?

Also the console targets are free but you must be a registered developer in the MS / Sony dev programs.
That's odd, because I just double chacked and don't see anything about the YYC, or the Mac and Ubuntu modules for that matter.

Edit: That aside, you're correct about the console ones being free, I remembered wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:

rIKmAN

That's odd, because I just double chacked and don't see anything about the YYC, or the Mac and Ubuntu modules for that matter.

Edit: That aside, you're correct about the console ones being free, I remembered wrong.
Here are my available targets, I've never owned GM before the current Humble Bundle deal.

Tizen and Windows Phone 8 aren't included in the Humble deal and they ask me to purchase when i select them, but all the others are included.

Last edited:

rIKmAN

Nope, these are just the render targets that are supported (minus the console ones). If you try to select one of the ones you don't own, you'll be prompted to purchase it, when you attempt to compile.
I've successfully compiled using the Windows YYC and the Android YYC, and the Mac YYC, Linux YYC and Windows 8 YYC tell me my SDKs aren't setup because I have not set them up.

Tizen and Windows Phone 8 targets ask me to purchase them as soon as I select them from the target dropdown list.

It's possible that the console ones are not even shown as it would cause all sorts of NDA issues for YYG if someone were to release a crack for them. Only guessing on that front, though.
The targets don't come installed as standard, you need to contact YYG with your proper MS/Sony registered developer account details and you can then get them for free and get access to the relevant forums.

See these links for XB1 and PS4 with the details

rIKmAN

rIKmAN

Wasn't giving any attitude. Just wasn't following what you were trying to impart at the time.
Just trying to clarify for him (and anyone else with the same question) what export modules are included, as I was in the same position before I purchased - thinking some things must be missing because the Humble deal seemed too good to be true.

Turns out you get everything except Tizen and Windows Phone 8 modules, which is awesome.

No need to give me attitude. ;)
Touche! :)

S

Sam (Deleted User)

I think the OP and Humble Bundle page need to be updated if they are including modules that aren't being mentioned. I'm not sure why they did that.

Carnivius

I bought it this morning having nearly forgotten to despite telling people on twitter and facebook many times over the past week or so. I already had GM:S and Android module but £11.85 (which is what $15 came out as this morning) is still an incredible bargain for the HTML5, iOS modules and all them games. :)

S

Storyteller

Wonderful Bundle!
I have been eyeing a few of the modules, HTML5 and the Android exporters for androidTV development. My interest in GameMaker has just redoubled.
Gratis.

C

Clip_It

Highly disappointing I was 4 hours late to the bundle. It looked like a good deal. Well, I'll be around for the next one since I'm a member of the community, now.

Status
Not open for further replies.