OFFICIAL 2.3.4 Beta Release

Status
Not open for further replies.

rwkay

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
We have been resolving some issues with mac rendering and DPI (the version last friday was not Retina aware) so the next one should have that fixed (this may contribute to the blurry view you were seeing)

Russell

Cpaz

On Linux mint here, everything installed and (so far) runs without a hitch.

Only thing is that HTML5 isn't working. Not sure if it's supposed to or not, but there it is.

Probably safe to say that most Debian based distros will run this pretty easily (although not "officially" supported)

gnysek

Now on the new beta access style:
Only those who have bought the most expensive license can let yoyo devs know what is not working on beta.
This change will make "stable" releases not so stable anymore.
I hope that "permanent" users also will get beta, otherwise it's a stupid solution. Already there's isn't much users testing beta, and then there's a lot of issues found after stable release (like there was no period to check projects before...), but removing "permanent" users from access would close even that small group of volunteers to even smaller one.

D

Deleted User

i made new free account cause i did not want to convert my existing yoyo-store account before testing, thats why i got the "no beta access" at first run, but when i converted the old permanent store-account everything worked perfectly.

Last edited by a moderator:

gnysek

I'm getting error with audio conversion:
Code:
*writing audio file sfx_beach.ogg...
Error :: Unable to write resource sfx_beach
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file "/home/gnysek/.config/GameMakerStudio2-Beta/Cache/GMS2CACHE/XXXX_EFDBDCBB/XXXX/Default/Audio/sfx_beach.ogg"
What's fun, it's an MP3 file, maybe that's the problem.

Ricardo

We have been resolving some issues with mac rendering and DPI (the version last friday was not Retina aware) so the next one should have that fixed (this may contribute to the blurry view you were seeing)

Russell
Hey @rwkay, when can we expect another Beta build fixing the DPI issue for Mac? I'd love to be able to debug my project.

The linux build is running almost perfect so far on my Ubuntu 20.04 machine (i5-4460, gtx 970). I just had to install curl to get it to compile my game.

Though, the program tends to crash when copying or pasting, at least with keyboard shortcuts (ctrl+v, ctrl+c).

Anyone else experiencing this issue?

(Edit: Ok I admit it, I didnt read the release notes, woops. Nevermind)

Last edited:

Ricardo

The linux build is running almost perfect so far on my Ubuntu 20.04 machine (i5-4460, gtx 970). I just had to install curl to get it to compile my game.

Though, the program tends to crash when copying or pasting, at least with keyboard shortcuts (ctrl+v, ctrl+c).

Anyone else experiencing this issue?
It is literally pointed as a known issue in the release notes.

Dan

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
It will notify you of any updates exactly the same as the Windows and Mac IDEs do.

And the release notes will definitely give you an exe if you use Windows to view them - however, further to that, at the time we released it the Beta 1 had some issues publishing its release feeds and so that is why we gave the direct link to download the deb in the original post in this thread. That should all be cleared up when Beta 2 is released.

gnysek

@Dan just add link to .deb in Release notes header, all versions follows same filename patterns, shouldn't be hard to add it (for Mac too).

babyjeans

Russell
Hey Russell - wanted to let you know with the New Beta release today, the IDE / Font Rendering issue is still persisting. I noticed the notes mentioned some of the Mac IDE issues with DPI were addressed, but unfortunately the IDE was still gigantic with Native DPI settings, and the font rendering looks the same as before when overriding the DPI with 96.

Ricardo

Hey Russell - wanted to let you know with the New Beta release today, the IDE / Font Rendering issue is still persisting. I noticed the notes mentioned some of the Mac IDE issues with DPI were addressed, but unfortunately the IDE was still gigantic with Native DPI settings, and the font rendering looks the same as before when overriding the DPI with 96.
@Dan Same problem here. Maybe the issue was solved but the DPI settings got ruined? I can't open the preferences screen to reset it because everything is so gigantic that I can't get into the option. Maybe this is something I can manually fix by editing a config file?

Ricardo

@Dan @rwkay Couldn't find a proper fix in the latest beta, but I think I've isolated the issue.
I have an old Macbook Air (Retina) with a 2.3.2.560 install, and the settings look like this:
-Enable DPI override is unchecked.
-100 % of native DPI
-192 Raw DPI value

In 23.1.1.352 (new Macbook Air M1), it looks like:
-Enable DPI override is checked (this is the only way I can get it into a usable state).
-100 % of native DPI
-96 Raw DPI value

The thing is that, in the beta, I can't have 192 Raw DPI value and 100 % of native DPI to replicate the settings of the other machine that works fine. If I change one value the other automatically changes.

Ricardo

edit2: oops, nope, now it says "GMExtension Resource version is newer than supported version in CoreResources: 1.3 > 1.2" and won't compile fml lol
edit3: Fixed it! Just went to the .yy files in my extensions and at the bottom was a ResourceVersion I changed back to 1.2 from 1.3 all is well again...leaving this here incase anyone else runs into it
The same just happened to me. Latest beta nuked my project extensions.
Thanks for posting the solution, btw!

squircle

So, dunno if you're supposed to report bugs on the bug tracker or not considering selecting Ubuntu as your OS is not an option, so I'll post it here: the GMS2 IDE seems to cause a few issues for me on KDE Plasma on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS. Black borders start appearing around other applications besides GMS2, and when I build with GMS2, it says "Cannot open X display". Seems to build successfully other than that. Cannot reproduce reliably, sometimes when I boot up KDE Plasma it does this, sometimes it doesn't. It happens often enough.

Zhanghua

Hi Dan
Chinese IME is unresponsive in the 2nd 234 beta too.
That issue makes the IDE wasted for me and can't test the newest thing.
Ticket #186343 .

Last edited:

Dragonite

I guess I'll chime in on the Linux version: I don't actually plan on doing development work on a Raspberry Pi, 'cause it's a Raspberry Pi, but I'm SUPER impressed at how painless it was to get it up and running on that thing. (video)

The known bugs notwithstanding (debugger lol) the IDE seemed to be working as intended for the ~hour I spent playing with it, although the DPI scale was set to 70% by default for some odd reason.

Exciting!

Faulty

Uhhh, so GameMaker just full out vanishes when I open my project after updating to this version. I can run GMS and get to the "choose your project or start a new project, banners along the top for tutorials etc" welcome screen, but when I click my project GameMaker just vanishes. Instant shut-down with no errors, no messages, no visuals, nothing lol

I'm on Windows 7, 64-bit, on a laptop and everything worked totally fine before this. Happened twice in a row. Third time it loaded and I saw my project ready to work on but as soon as I clicked on it, GMS silently shut-down again. And now it's back to just crashing as soon as I click on my project to load lol

...I also can't revert to the previous build because within 1-3 clicks of anything on that welcome page (like File/Preferences/Runtime to go back to the previous version), it crashes.

This is...less than ideal lol Any suggestions?

edit1: Crisis averted, I just ran the installer for the last update and it uninstalled GM and reinstalled the last version so I can work whew lol
edit2: oops, nope, now it says "GMExtension Resource version is newer than supported version in CoreResources: 1.3 > 1.2" and won't compile fml lol
edit3: Fixed it! Just went to the .yy files in my extensions and at the bottom was a ResourceVersion I changed back to 1.2 from 1.3 all is well again...leaving this here incase anyone else runs into it
Your second and third edits also happened to me. Though GMS2 was removing the references to the extensions on project load. It didn't remove it when the ResourceVersion was set to 1.2, but that didn't make the extension work. If I changed it to 1.3 while the IDE was running, the project ran fine and recognized the scripts, except on every project load this would remove the references in the YYP file if kept at version 1.3.

Not sure how to fix this..

gnysek

I'm having some issues, when I load project created on windows which got .mp3 files (they aren't converting at all, causing memory protection violation). Seems that it might be caused by caching, cause when I load same MP3 on new project, all works - when I will narrow problem down I'll report a bug.

Zhanghua

@Dan
Hi Dan,
The newest beta released at 8.13 whose IDE vserion 23.1.1.360, RT verion is 23.1.1.331
also has the same issue on Chinese IME, Ticket #186343.

Ricoh5A22

In my windows 7 (64 bits), the application (v360) crashes as soon as I open it and try to interact with anything in the UI. If I click in any menu item, New project, Open project, etc.

Its throws this exception in the ui.log

Code:
[23:52:55:832(544b)] IDE Exception: System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'Core.CoreOS.Graphics.DisplayDevice' threw an exception. ---> System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL 'shcore.dll': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
   at Core.CoreOS.Graphics.WindowsDisplayDpi.GetDpiForMonitor(IntPtr hmonitor, MonitorDpiType dpiType, UInt32& dpiX, UInt32& dpiY)
   at Core.CoreOS.Graphics.WindowsDisplayDpi..ctor()
   at Core.CoreOS.Graphics.DisplayDevice..cctor()
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at Core.CoreOS.Graphics.DisplayDevice.get_Width()
   at YoYoStudio.Graphics.Desktop.IsPositionValidMultipleClick()
   at YoYoStudio.Graphics.Desktop.DoMouseDown(Int32 _windowId, Int32 _x, Int32 _y, Int32 _button)
   at Core.CoreOS.System.SystemPlatformSDL2.Update()
   at YoYoStudio.IDE.Run()
   at YoYoStudio.IDE.Execute(String[] _args, Int32 _initialWidth, Int32 _initialHeight)
[23:52:55:832(544b)] --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[23:52:55:832(544b)] ####################################
[23:52:55:833(544b)] Break in FatalErrorWarning (IDE:3416)
[23:52:55:833(544b)] ####################################

Last edited:

malonso

We have released a new Beta 4 released tonight IDE v23.1.1.365 Runtime v23.1.1.333

Release Notes are https://gms.yoyogames.com/ReleaseNotes-NuBeta.html and https://gms.yoyogames.com/release-notes-runtime-NuBeta.html

Russell
When I try execute my game in Linux, nothing happens, the console log show me:
Code:
elapsed time 00:00:04.5673260s for command "/var/opt/GameMakerStudio2-Beta/Cache/runtimes/runtime-23.1.1.333/bin/Igor.exe" -j=8 -options="/tmp/GameMakerStudio2-Beta/GMS2TEMP/build.bff" -v -- Linux Run started at 08/17/2021 16:46:58
SUCCESS: Run Program Complete
But... I get this error when try create a executable in Linux:

Code:
"/var/opt/GameMakerStudio2-Beta/Cache/runtimes/runtime-23.1.1.333/bin/Igor.exe"  -j=8 -options="/tmp/GameMakerStudio2-Beta/GMS2TEMP/build.bff" -v -- Linux Package

Loaded Macros from /home/malonso/.config/GameMakerStudio2-Beta/Cache/GMS2CACHE/CatchMyCol_AC4516B4_84175E4E/macros.json
Options: /var/opt/GameMakerStudio2-Beta/Cache/runtimes/runtime-23.1.1.333/bin/platform_setting_defaults.json
Options: /home/malonso/.config/GameMakerStudio2-Beta/alons45_2437017/local_settings.json
Options: /home/malonso/.config/GameMakerStudio2-Beta/Cache/GMS2CACHE/CatchMyCol_AC4516B4_84175E4E/targetoptions.json
Setting up the Asset compiler
/var/opt/GameMakerStudio2-Beta/Cache/runtimes/runtime-23.1.1.333/bin/GMAssetCompiler.exe  /c /mv=1 /zpex /iv=0 /rv=0 /bv=0 /j=8  /gn="CatchMyColor" /td="/tmp/GameMakerStudio2-Beta/GMS2TEMP" /cd="/home/malonso/.config/GameMakerStudio2-Beta/Cache/GMS2CACHE/CatchMyCol_AC4516B4_84175E4E" /zpuf="/home/malonso/.config/GameMakerStudio2-Beta/alons45_2437017" /m=llvm-linux /studio /tgt=128 /llvmSource="/var/opt/GameMakerStudio2-Beta/Cache/runtimes/runtime-23.1.1.333/yyc/"  /nodnd /cfg="Default" /o="/tmp/GameMakerStudio2-Beta/GMS2TEMP/CatchMyColor_32DDF3A3_YYC" /sh=True /optionsini="/tmp/GameMakerStudio2-Beta/GMS2TEMP/CatchMyColor_32DDF3A3_YYC/options.ini" /baseproject="/var/opt/GameMakerStudio2-Beta/Cache/runtimes/runtime-23.1.1.333/BaseProject/BaseProject.yyp" "/home/malonso/Workspace/CatchMyColor/CatchMyColor.yyp" /preprocess="/home/malonso/.config/GameMakerStudio2-Beta/Cache/GMS2CACHE/CatchMyCol_AC4516B4_84175E4E"
Found Project Format 2
ProjectFileWatcher:StartWatching:/home/malonso/Workspace/CatchMyColor
Started: 8/17/2021 4:43:59 PM
Finished: 8/17/2021 4:44:01 PM
Diff: 00:00:01.3491570
Loaded Project: CatchMyColor
Not setting Steam AppId as Steam is not enabled in platform options
finished.
Release build
homedir : /home/malonso
Options: /home/malonso/.config/GameMakerStudio2-Beta/Cache/GMS2CACHE/CatchMyCol_AC4516B4_84175E4E/MainOptions.json
Options: /home/malonso/.config/GameMakerStudio2-Beta/Cache/GMS2CACHE/CatchMyCol_AC4516B4_84175E4E/steam_options.yy
Options: /home/malonso/.config/GameMakerStudio2-Beta/Cache/GMS2CACHE/CatchMyCol_AC4516B4_84175E4E/PlatformOptions.json
Options: /home/malonso/.config/GameMakerStudio2-Beta/Cache/GMS2CACHE/CatchMyCol_AC4516B4_84175E4E/ExtensionOptions.json
PlatformOptions
[Compile] Run asset compiler
/var/opt/GameMakerStudio2-Beta/Cache/runtimes/runtime-23.1.1.333/bin/GMAssetCompiler.exe  /c /mv=1 /zpex /iv=0 /rv=0 /bv=0 /j=8  /gn="CatchMyColor" /td="/tmp/GameMakerStudio2-Beta/GMS2TEMP" /cd="/home/malonso/.config/GameMakerStudio2-Beta/Cache/GMS2CACHE/CatchMyCol_AC4516B4_84175E4E" /zpuf="/home/malonso/.config/GameMakerStudio2-Beta/alons45_2437017" /m=llvm-linux /studio /tgt=128 /llvmSource="/var/opt/GameMakerStudio2-Beta/Cache/runtimes/runtime-23.1.1.333/yyc/"  /nodnd /cfg="Default" /o="/tmp/GameMakerStudio2-Beta/GMS2TEMP/CatchMyColor_32DDF3A3_YYC" /sh=True /optionsini="/tmp/GameMakerStudio2-Beta/GMS2TEMP/CatchMyColor_32DDF3A3_YYC/options.ini" /baseproject="/var/opt/GameMakerStudio2-Beta/Cache/runtimes/runtime-23.1.1.333/BaseProject/BaseProject.yyp" "/home/malonso/Workspace/CatchMyColor/CatchMyColor.yyp" /optionsini="/tmp/GameMakerStudio2-Beta/GMS2TEMP/CatchMyColor_32DDF3A3_YYC/options.ini"  /bt=exe /rt=yyc
Compile Constants...finished.
Remove DnD...finished.
Compile Scripts...finished.
Compile Rooms...finished.
Compile Objects...finished.
Compile Timelines...finished.
Compile Triggers...finished.
Compile Extensions...finished.
Global scripts...finished.
finished.
collapsing enums.
Final Compile...finished.
Looking for built-in particle images in /var/opt/GameMakerStudio2-Beta/Cache/runtimes/runtime-23.1.1.333/bin/ParticleImages
Writing Chunk... GEN8
option_game_speed=60
Writing Chunk... OPTN
Writing Chunk... LANG
Writing Chunk... EXTN
Writing Chunk... SOND
Writing Chunk... AGRP
Writing Chunk... SPRT
Writing Chunk... BGND
Writing Chunk... PATH
Writing Chunk... SCPT
Writing Chunk... GLOB
Writing Chunk... SHDR
Writing Chunk... FONT
Writing Chunk... TMLN
Writing Chunk... OBJT
Writing Chunk... ACRV
Writing Chunk... SEQN
Writing Chunk... TAGS
Writing Chunk... ROOM
Writing Chunk... DAFL
Writing Chunk... EMBI
Writing Chunk... TPAGE
Texture Group - Default
Writing Chunk... TGIN
Writing Chunk... STRG
Writing Chunk... TXTR
0 Compressing texture... writing texture texture_0.png...
Writing Chunk... AUDO
saving file /tmp/GameMakerStudio2-Beta/GMS2TEMP/CatchMyColor_32DDF3A3_YYC/CatchMyColor.zip
Stats : GMA : Elapsed=1232.281
Stats : GMA : sp=8,au=5,bk=0,pt=2,sc=19,sh=2,fo=1,tl=0,ob=9,ro=4,da=0,ex=1,ma=25,fm=0x4000B115686800A0
/bin/bash -c "cd ~ &&  [ -d \"/home/malonso/GameMakerStudio2/yyc/FromPC/CatchMyColor\" ] || mkdir -p \"/home/malonso/GameMakerStudio2/yyc/FromPC/CatchMyColor\" "

/bin/bash DONE (0)
cp  "/tmp/GameMakerStudio2-Beta/GMS2TEMP/CatchMyColor_32DDF3A3_YYC/GameAssetsLinux.zip" "/home/malonso/GameMakerStudio2/yyc/FromPC/CatchMyColor/GameAssetsLinux.zip"

cp DONE (0)
cp  "/tmp/GameMakerStudio2-Beta/GMS2TEMP/CatchMyColor_32DDF3A3_YYC/YYGML.h" "/home/malonso/GameMakerStudio2/yyc/FromPC/CatchMyColor/YYGML.h"

cp DONE (0)
cp  "/tmp/GameMakerStudio2-Beta/GMS2TEMP/CatchMyColor_32DDF3A3_YYC/Ref.h" "/home/malonso/GameMakerStudio2/yyc/FromPC/CatchMyColor/Ref.h"

cp DONE (0)
cp  "/tmp/GameMakerStudio2-Beta/GMS2TEMP/CatchMyColor_32DDF3A3_YYC/YYStd.h" "/home/malonso/GameMakerStudio2/yyc/FromPC/CatchMyColor/YYStd.h"

cp DONE (0)
cp  "/tmp/GameMakerStudio2-Beta/GMS2TEMP/CatchMyColor_32DDF3A3_YYC/libyoyo_yyc-x64.a" "/home/malonso/GameMakerStudio2/yyc/FromPC/CatchMyColor/libyoyo_yyc-x64.a"

cp DONE (0)
cp  "/tmp/GameMakerStudio2-Beta/GMS2TEMP/CatchMyColor_32DDF3A3_YYC/makefile" "/home/malonso/GameMakerStudio2/yyc/FromPC/CatchMyColor/makefile"

cp DONE (0)
cp  "/var/opt/GameMakerStudio2-Beta/Cache/runtimes/runtime-23.1.1.333/linux/execute.sh" "/home/malonso/GameMakerStudio2/yyc/FromPC/CatchMyColor/execute.sh"

cp DONE (0)
/bin/bash -c "cd ~ && cd /home/malonso/GameMakerStudio2/yyc/FromPC/CatchMyColor; chmod +x execute.sh"

/bin/bash DONE (0)
/bin/bash -c "cd ~ && mkdir -p /home/malonso/GameMakerStudio2/yyc/FromPC/CatchMyColor/Game/"

/bin/bash DONE (0)
rsync -ap "/tmp/GameMakerStudio2-Beta/GMS2TEMP/CatchMyColor_32DDF3A3_YYC/Game/" "/home/malonso/GameMakerStudio2/yyc/FromPC/CatchMyColor/Game/"

rsync DONE (0)
/bin/bash -c "cd ~ && rsync -c -r /home/malonso/GameMakerStudio2/yyc/FromPC/CatchMyColor /home/malonso/GameMakerStudio2/yyc"

/bin/bash DONE (0)
/bin/bash -c "cd /home/malonso/GameMakerStudio2/yyc/CatchMyColor && make -j `nproc --all`"
mkdir -p out
clang -m64 -O3 -Wno-deprecated-writable-strings -I Game  -o out/pch.hpp.pch Game/pch.hpp -I . -DYYLLVM   
make: clang: Command not found
make: *** [makefile:41: out/pch.hpp.pch] Error 127

/bin/bash -c "cd ~ && cd /home/malonso/GameMakerStudio2/yyc/CatchMyColor &&  rm -rf assets && unzip -o GameAssetsLinux.zip "
Archive:  GameAssetsLinux.zip
  inflating: assets/icon.png         
  inflating: assets/options.ini     
  inflating: assets/game.unx         
  inflating: assets/game.ini         

/bin/bash DONE (0)
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file "/home/malonso/GameMakerStudio2/yyc/CatchMyColor/CatchMyColor"
File name: '/home/malonso/GameMakerStudio2/yyc/CatchMyColor/CatchMyColor'
  at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, System.IO.FileMode mode, System.IO.FileAccess access, System.IO.FileShare share, System.Int32 bufferSize, System.Boolean anonymous, System.IO.FileOptions options) [0x001ef] in <12b418a7818c4ca0893feeaaf67f1e7f>:0
  at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, System.IO.FileMode mode, System.IO.FileAccess access, System.IO.FileShare share, System.Int32 bufferSize, System.IO.FileOptions options) [0x00000] in <12b418a7818c4ca0893feeaaf67f1e7f>:0
  at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.IO.FileStream..ctor(string,System.IO.FileMode,System.IO.FileAccess,System.IO.FileShare,int,System.IO.FileOptions)
  at System.IO.FileSystem.CopyFile (System.String sourceFullPath, System.String destFullPath, System.Boolean overwrite) [0x0002b] in <12b418a7818c4ca0893feeaaf67f1e7f>:0
  at System.IO.File.Copy (System.String sourceFileName, System.String destFileName, System.Boolean overwrite) [0x0006e] in <12b418a7818c4ca0893feeaaf67f1e7f>:0
  at .. (System.String , System.String ) [0x00014] in <ca64dfca91d243d584f93d4b69bd21b3>:0
  at Igor.LinuxBuilder.pscp_from (System.String remote, System.String local) [0x00017] in <ca64dfca91d243d584f93d4b69bd21b3>:0
  at Igor.LinuxBuilder.Package () [0x0047e] in <ca64dfca91d243d584f93d4b69bd21b3>:0
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.InternalInvoke(System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo,object,object[],System.Exception&)
  at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Reflection.BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x0007c] in <12b418a7818c4ca0893feeaaf67f1e7f>:0
Igor complete.

elapsed time 00:00:05.0361090s for command "/var/opt/GameMakerStudio2-Beta/Cache/runtimes/runtime-23.1.1.333/bin/Igor.exe" -j=8 -options="/tmp/GameMakerStudio2-Beta/GMS2TEMP/build.bff" -v -- Linux Package started at 08/17/2021 16:43:58
FAILED: Package Program Complete
For the details of why this build failed, please review the whole log above and also see your Compile Errors

rwkay

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
/bin/bash -c "cd /home/malonso/GameMakerStudio2/yyc/CatchMyColor && make -j `nproc --all`"
mkdir -p out
clang -m64 -O3 -Wno-deprecated-writable-strings -I Game -o out/pch.hpp.pch Game/pch.hpp -I . -DYYLLVM
make: clang: Command not found
You need to ensure you have clang installed on your linux machine for YYC to work

If you are on a Debian distribution then
sudo apt install clang
should do it

Russell

Ricardo

We have released a new Beta 4 released tonight IDE v23.1.1.365 Runtime v23.1.1.333

Release Notes are https://gms.yoyogames.com/ReleaseNotes-NuBeta.html and https://gms.yoyogames.com/release-notes-runtime-NuBeta.html

Russell
Thanks, Russell.
In this build, the debugger isn't evaluating local variables (ticket 186982).

Are you guys aware of the "GMExtension Resource version is newer than supported version in CoreResources: 1.3 > 1.2" issue? If I open my project using v23.1.1.365, it changes something in most of my project's extensions. This mean I can't re-open the project again in latest stable (2.3.3.574) because the affected extensions doesn't seem to be loaded properly (although they remain visible in the IDE). I haven't reported a bug for this one because my affected project is HUGE and a pain to clean and upload.

malonso

You need to ensure you have clang installed on your linux machine for YYC to work

If you are on a Debian distribution then
sudo apt install clang
should do it

Russell
Thanks!

Now, I get this error message:
Code:
/bin/bash DONE (0)
mkdir -p out
clang -m64 -O3 -Wno-deprecated-writable-strings -I Game  -include-pch out/pch.hpp.pch -lcurl -Wl,-s -I . -o CatchMyColor out/*.o -DYYLLVM libyoyo_yyc-x64.a /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libz.so /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libXxf86vm.so /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libGL.so /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libopenal.so /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libm.so /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/librt.so /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpthread.so /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libdl.so /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libcrypto.so /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libXext.so /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libX11.so /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libXrandr.so /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libGLU.so /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libssl.so -Wl,-rpath,\$ORIGIN
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lcurl
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
make: *** [makefile:32: CatchMyColor] Error 1
Any hint?

D

Deleted User

Thanks!

Now, I get this error message:
Code:
/bin/bash DONE (0)
mkdir -p out
clang -m64 -O3 -Wno-deprecated-writable-strings -I Game  -include-pch out/pch.hpp.pch -lcurl -Wl,-s -I . -o CatchMyColor out/*.o -DYYLLVM libyoyo_yyc-x64.a /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libz.so /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libXxf86vm.so /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libGL.so /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libopenal.so /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libm.so /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/librt.so /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpthread.so /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libdl.so /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libcrypto.so /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libXext.so /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libX11.so /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libXrandr.so /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libGLU.so /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libssl.so -Wl,-rpath,\$ORIGIN
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lcurl
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
make: *** [makefile:32: CatchMyColor] Error 1
Any hint?
"cannot find -lcurl"

rwkay

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
Well we don't install everything required for YYC normally as that takes a lot more space and not everyone uses it (most devs will use the VM version)

You do know that you have selected YYC in the target manager and that is why you are getting these errors... if you want to use VM (which has a faster turn around then select the target icon in the top right and select VM)

Russell

rwkay

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
We have just released a new Beta IDE v23.1.1.366 Runtime v23.1.1.337 - another bumper crop of bugs harvested for your delight - see Release Notes at https://gms.yoyogames.com/ReleaseNotes-NuBeta.html and https://gms.yoyogames.com/release-notes-runtime-NuBeta.html

We are closing in on a stable release in the near future (NOTE: Linux will remain in Beta for the time being) but Windows and Mac will make stable

Looks like release notes for this version on the IDE did not get pushed

HTML:
<h2>Changes since Beta IDE 365</h2>
<ul>
    <li>Asset Browser: Deleting an asset after interacting with an object in specific ways makes the IDE unstable </li>
    <li>Asset Browser: Using Add Existing does not work correctly with objects with the same name of existing objects </li>
    <li>Game Options: [Android] Installing new SDK versions is not populating the API dropdown</li>
    <li>HTTP manual pages don't load in offline version</li>
    <li>IDE: Shutdown Blocking is broken</li>
    <li>IME does not process pressing Space to submit a candidate properly</li>
    <li>Image Editor [Crash] : IDE becomes unstable when trigger the "Split Screen Mode" from the dropdown menu</li>
    <li>Image Editor: Ctrl+A no longer selecting all content in frame</li>
    <li>Image Editor: Erase tool is not displaying correctly when round</li>
    <li>Image Editor: Text Tool is broken</li>
    <li>Image Editor: Tools' pixel outline is not displaying correctly</li>
    <li>Image Editor: [Mac IDE] Undo removes the two last edits instead of one</li>
    <li>Linux IDE: File associations are not set for the OS on installation</li>
    <li>Linux IDE: Unable to set File Association to GMS2</li>
    <li>Mac Redefines do not appear to work</li>
    <li>Preferences: GMS2 unstable when clicking Import in Platform Settings > Android when Filename box is empty</li>
    <li>Sprite Editor: collision mask has some rendering issues</li>
    <li>Startup: [Ubuntu IDE] Old versions of MESA/Intel Drivers don't handle point sprites properly</li>
    <li>Tileset Editor: Tileset libraries do not appear</li>
    <li>UI/UX: Closing the IDE with unsaved changes does not prompt user to save</li>
    <li>UI/UX: [Windows IDE] The IDE crashes during startup on Windows 7</li>
</ul>
Russell

Zhanghua

rwkay
Thanks for resolving the space-bar issue.
There is an other issue for switching the IME from CN to EN as the video shown.
And after inputing the CN words, the CTRL+Z and CTRL+Y has no effect.

Last edited:

Andrey

23.1.1.366 very frequent startup failures (windows 7).

Log with a failure:
Code:
[15:35:39:537(2d18)] **************************************  08/22/2021  **************************************
[15:35:39:538(2d18)] Log.Initialise
[15:35:39:538(2d18)] Doing Validate Folder check...  macOS=False
[15:35:39:552(2d18)] Skin: C:\Program Files\GameMaker Studio 2-Beta\GUI\Skins/Dark
[15:35:39:552(2d18)] GameMakerStudio, Version=23.1.1.366, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=83c29ed24e39e35e
[15:35:39:552(2d18)] Initialise()
[15:35:39:553(2d18)] Command line arguments=""
[15:35:39:556(2d18)] Не удается загрузить DLL "steam_api64": Не найден указанный модуль. (Исключение из HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
[15:35:39:568(2d18)] Loading proxy settings
[15:35:39:749(2d18)] Checking network....
[15:35:40:217(2d18)] Initialise(0.0)
[15:35:41:37(2d18)] File exception 'Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Program Files\GameMaker Studio 2-Beta\user_cache_directory\Styles'.'
[15:35:41:183(2d18)] Layout Manager: Attempting to register 'YoYoStudio.Sequences.Extensions.CanvasSequence+' from assembly 'IDE'. The gadget name '' is already in use, this may be caused by conflicting plugins
[15:35:41:185(2d18)] Layout Manager: Attempting to register 'YoYoStudio.GUI.Gadgets.RemoteWorker.RemoteWorkerSettings+' from assembly 'IDE'. The gadget name '' is already in use, this may be caused by conflicting plugins
[15:35:41:193(2d18)] Layout Manager: Attempting to register 'YoYoStudio.GUI.Gadgets.Inspector.InspectorDndPreview+' from assembly 'IDE'. The gadget name '' is already in use, this may be caused by conflicting plugins
[15:35:41:193(2d18)] Layout Manager: Attempting to register 'YoYoStudio.GUI.Gadgets.Inspector.EventListBox+' from assembly 'IDE'. The gadget name '' is already in use, this may be caused by conflicting plugins
[15:35:41:193(2d18)] Layout Manager: Attempting to register 'YoYoStudio.GUI.Gadgets.Inspector.MultiSelectListBox+' from assembly 'IDE'. The gadget name '' is already in use, this may be caused by conflicting plugins
[15:35:41:219(2d18)] Initialise(0.1)
[15:35:41:484(2d18)] Initialise(0.2)
[15:35:41:487(2d18)] Initialise(1)
[15:35:41:489(2d18)] Initialise(1.1)
[15:35:41:505(2d18)] Initialise(2)
[15:35:41:751(2d18)] Initialise(3)
[15:35:41:760(2d18)] Initialise(4)
[15:35:41:789(2d18)] FNA-Warn: D3D11 is unsupported! Error Code: 80070057
[15:35:41:853(2d18)] FNA-Info: Using EXT_swap_control_tear VSync!
[15:35:41:853(2d18)] FNA-Info: FNA3D Driver: OpenGL
[15:35:41:853(2d18)] FNA-Info: OpenGL Renderer: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600
[15:35:41:853(2d18)] FNA-Info: OpenGL Driver: 4.3.0 - Build 10.18.14.4578
[15:35:41:853(2d18)] FNA-Info: OpenGL Vendor: Intel
[15:35:41:854(2d18)] FNA-Info: MojoShader Profile: glsl120
[15:35:41:872(2d18)] Initialise(4.1)
[15:35:41:873(2d18)] Initialise(4.2)
[15:35:41:873(2d18)] Initialise(4.3)
[15:35:42:58(2d18)] Initialise(4.4.1)
[15:35:42:98(2d18)] Initialise(4.4.2)
[15:35:42:98(2d18)] Initialise(4.5)
[15:35:42:100(2d18)] Check (1)
[15:35:42:104(2d18)] Check (2)
[15:35:42:283(2d18)] DPI setting:(96,96) Native:(96,96) Window:(1920,1032) Max Suggested DPI:161
[15:35:42:900(2d18)] Initialise(4.6)
[15:35:43:18(2d18)] Initialise(4.7)
[15:35:43:21(2d18)] Initialise(4.8)
[15:35:43:47(2d18)] Initialise(4.9)
[15:35:43:54(2d18)] Initialise(4.10)
[15:35:43:130(2d18)] Initialise(4.11)
[15:35:43:135(2d18)] Initialise(4.12)
[15:35:43:157(2d18)] Initialise(5)
[15:35:43:158(2d18)] Initialise(6)
[15:35:43:159(2d18)] Using Windows 7 or earlier, Graphics Tablet Manager is active

Log when there is no failure:
Code:
[15:42:40:569(5181)] **************************************  08/22/2021  **************************************
[16:09:48:160(4cab)] Log.Initialise
[16:09:48:160(4cab)] Doing Validate Folder check...  macOS=False
[16:09:48:173(4cab)] Skin: C:\Program Files\GameMaker Studio 2-Beta\GUI\Skins/Dark
[16:09:48:173(4cab)] GameMakerStudio, Version=23.1.1.366, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=83c29ed24e39e35e
[16:09:48:173(4cab)] Initialise()
[16:09:48:174(4cab)] Command line arguments=""
[16:09:48:177(4cab)] Не удается загрузить DLL "steam_api64": Не найден указанный модуль. (Исключение из HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
[16:09:48:189(4cab)] Loading proxy settings
[16:09:48:379(4cab)] Checking network....
[16:09:48:858(4cab)] Initialise(0.0)
[16:09:49:774(4cab)] File exception 'Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Program Files\GameMaker Studio 2-Beta\user_cache_directory\Styles'.'
[16:09:49:912(4cab)] Layout Manager: Attempting to register 'YoYoStudio.Sequences.Extensions.CanvasSequence+' from assembly 'IDE'. The gadget name '' is already in use, this may be caused by conflicting plugins
[16:09:49:920(4cab)] Layout Manager: Attempting to register 'YoYoStudio.GUI.Gadgets.RemoteWorker.RemoteWorkerSettings+' from assembly 'IDE'. The gadget name '' is already in use, this may be caused by conflicting plugins
[16:09:49:922(4cab)] Layout Manager: Attempting to register 'YoYoStudio.GUI.Gadgets.Inspector.InspectorDndPreview+' from assembly 'IDE'. The gadget name '' is already in use, this may be caused by conflicting plugins
[16:09:49:922(4cab)] Layout Manager: Attempting to register 'YoYoStudio.GUI.Gadgets.Inspector.EventListBox+' from assembly 'IDE'. The gadget name '' is already in use, this may be caused by conflicting plugins
[16:09:49:922(4cab)] Layout Manager: Attempting to register 'YoYoStudio.GUI.Gadgets.Inspector.MultiSelectListBox+' from assembly 'IDE'. The gadget name '' is already in use, this may be caused by conflicting plugins
[16:09:49:947(4cab)] Initialise(0.1)
[16:09:50:212(4cab)] Initialise(0.2)
[16:09:50:214(4cab)] Initialise(1)
[16:09:50:216(4cab)] Initialise(1.1)
[16:09:50:233(4cab)] Initialise(2)
[16:09:50:494(4cab)] Initialise(3)
[16:09:50:503(4cab)] Initialise(4)
[16:09:50:532(4cab)] FNA-Warn: D3D11 is unsupported! Error Code: 80070057
[16:09:50:592(4cab)] FNA-Info: Using EXT_swap_control_tear VSync!
[16:09:50:592(4cab)] FNA-Info: FNA3D Driver: OpenGL
[16:09:50:592(4cab)] FNA-Info: OpenGL Renderer: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600
[16:09:50:592(4cab)] FNA-Info: OpenGL Driver: 4.3.0 - Build 10.18.14.4578
[16:09:50:592(4cab)] FNA-Info: OpenGL Vendor: Intel
[16:09:50:593(4cab)] FNA-Info: MojoShader Profile: glsl120
[16:09:50:611(4cab)] Initialise(4.1)
[16:09:50:612(4cab)] Initialise(4.2)
[16:09:50:612(4cab)] Initialise(4.3)
[16:09:50:809(4cab)] Initialise(4.4.1)
[16:09:50:854(4cab)] Initialise(4.4.2)
[16:09:50:854(4cab)] Initialise(4.5)
[16:09:50:855(4cab)] Check (1)
[16:09:50:859(4cab)] Check (2)
[16:09:51:37(4cab)] DPI setting:(96,96) Native:(96,96) Window:(1920,1032) Max Suggested DPI:161
[16:09:51:658(4cab)] Initialise(4.6)
[16:09:51:769(4cab)] Initialise(4.7)
[16:09:51:772(4cab)] Initialise(4.8)
[16:09:51:799(4cab)] Initialise(4.9)
[16:09:51:806(4cab)] Initialise(4.10)
[16:09:51:892(4cab)] Initialise(4.11)
[16:09:51:898(4cab)] Initialise(4.12)
[16:09:51:919(4cab)] Initialise(5)
[16:09:51:920(4cab)] Initialise(6)
[16:09:51:921(4cab)] Using Windows 7 or earlier, Graphics Tablet Manager is active
[16:09:51:950(4cab)] Initialised Graphics Tablet: 䅗佃⁍慔汢瑥  릐᫆
[16:09:51:950(4cab)] Initialise(7)
[16:09:51:966(4cab)] Initialise(7.1)
[16:09:51:968(4cab)] Initialise(8)
[16:09:51:968(4cab)] Initialise(9)
[16:09:51:968(4cab)] Initialise(10)
[16:09:52:7(4cab)] LoadingState: AwaitNetworkConnectivityCheck
[16:09:52:7(4cab)] Initialise(11)
[16:09:52:16(4cab)] Initialise(11.5)
[16:09:52:16(4cab)] Initialise(12)
[16:09:52:32(4cab)] Audio Device Connected: Динамики (Realtek High Definition Audio)
[16:09:52:41(4cab)] Audio Device Connected: Realtek Digital Output (Realtek High Definition Audio)
[16:09:52:44(4cab)] FNA-Info: Using EXT_swap_control_tear VSync!
[16:09:52:44(4cab)] FNA-Info: Using EXT_swap_control_tear VSync!
[16:09:52:316(4cab)] LoadingState: StartUp
[16:09:52:345(4cab)] LoadingState: Languages
[16:09:52:903(4cab)] LoadingState: UserLanguages
[16:09:52:930(4cab)] LoadingState: BeginUserLogin
[16:09:52:945(4cab)] LoadingState: UserLogin
[16:09:53:124(4cab)] Current assembly revision is 23.1.1.366
[16:09:53:151(4cab)] Update found - got 42 items
[16:09:53:151(4cab)] Latest revision 23.1.1.366 found
[16:09:53:151(4cab)] We do NOT need to update
[16:09:54:352(4cab)] LoadingState: Preferences
[16:09:54:400(4cab)] Creating temp directory C:\Users\Andrey\AppData\Local\GameMakerStudio2-Beta\GMS2TEMP
[16:09:54:535(4cab)] LoadingState: CheckingRSS
[16:09:54:708(4cab)] Drive C:\ has 517.76 GB free
[16:09:54:730(4cab)] starting cmd /c subst Z: "C:\ProgramData\GameMakerStudio2-Beta\Cache\runtimes\runtime-23.1.1.337"
[16:09:54:801(4cab)] elapsed time 00:00:00.0710040s for command "cmd" /c subst Z: "C:\ProgramData\GameMakerStudio2-Beta\Cache\runtimes\runtime-23.1.1.337" started at 08/22/2021 16:09:54
[16:09:54:806(4cab)] moduleName = android, HasModule( android ) == True
[16:09:54:806(4cab)] moduleName = ios, HasModule( ios ) == True
[16:09:54:806(4cab)] moduleName = tvos, HasModule( tvos ) == True
[16:09:54:818(4cab)] Wait for all Modules
[16:09:54:819(4cab)] Finished Wait for all Modules
[16:09:54:877(4cab)] starting cmd /c subst Z: /d
[16:09:54:937(4cab)] elapsed time 00:00:00.0590033s for command "cmd" /c subst Z: /d started at 08/22/2021 16:09:54
[16:09:55:44(4cab)] LoadingState: DownloadManualRSS
[16:09:55:64(4cab)] Download File C:\ProgramData/GameMakerStudio2-Beta/Cache/runtimes\runtime-23.1.1.337\update-manual-beta.rss to https://gms.yoyogames.com/update-manual-beta.rss
[16:09:55:66(4cab)] LoadingState: InitDnD
[16:09:55:95(4cab)] DnD: Installing gadgets from IDE
[16:09:55:333(4cab)] Discarding document d1cddbf0-f23c-45f3-a4b1-d51caff84c8b.gml
[16:09:55:611(4cab)] LoadingState: UserDNDLanguages
[16:09:55:722(4cab)] LoadingState: PluginLanguages
[16:09:55:740(4cab)] LoadingState: PluginGUIResources
[16:09:55:756(4cab)] LoadingState: Plugins
[16:09:56:407(4cab)] Ограничение API: Сборка "" уже загружена из другого места. Ее нельзя загрузить из нового места в пределах того же домена приложения.
[16:09:56:734(4cab)] Ограничение API: Сборка "" уже загружена из другого места. Ее нельзя загрузить из нового места в пределах того же домена приложения.
[16:09:56:740(4cab)] Ограничение API: Сборка "" уже загружена из другого места. Ее нельзя загрузить из нового места в пределах того же домена приложения.
[16:09:56:856(4cab)] LoadingState: Devices
[16:09:56:858(4cab)] Splash screen: loading devices...
[16:09:56:858(4cab)] ...initialising device manager
[16:09:56:864(4cab)] ...loading workers
[16:09:56:865(4cab)] ...moving to welcome page end
[16:09:56:865(4cab)] LoadingState: CheckLaunchProject
[16:09:56:865(4cab)] ...done!
[16:09:56:874(4cab)] LoadingState: VerifySkinning
[16:09:56:899(4cab)] LoadingState: End

Attachments

Last edited:

gnysek

Can we get more understandable descriptions of changes? Cause sometimes it's hard to tell if something was fixed, or rather added as feature, like:
Changes since Beta IDE 360
Plus and Equal keys are no longer being detected, hotkey commands with these fail
That sounds like some feature was removed (as it says "chnges"), while probably it's description of bug which is fixed... Wouln't "Fixed: Plus and Equal keys were no longer being detected, hotkey commands with these were failing" sound better?

rwkay

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
Can we get more understandable descriptions of changes? Cause sometimes it's hard to tell if something was fixed, or rather added as feature, like:

That sounds like some feature was removed (as it says "chnges"), while probably it's description of bug which is fixed... Wouln't "Fixed: Plus and Equal keys were no longer being detected, hotkey commands with these were failing" sound better?
Beta Release Notes are RAW straight out of the JIRA database so they are phrased by developers and those that are in the inner circle - that is not going to change I am afraid, we generally sanitize those by the time stable comes around. though if you ask in here we will check and get back to you on what it means.

In this case the key on the keyboard next to backspace which on a GB keyboard has + and = on it was not getting detected properly (which was due to OpenTK calling it one thing and SDL2 calling it another) - this was fixed so the key is detected properly now.

Russell

Dan

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
Hehe, I had not seen the above post, but I coincidentally already sanitised the release notes earlier today ahead of the new release. However, as Russell says (and as you have no doubt realised anyway) Beta releases are nowadays far more frequent and smaller, so expect the Beta release notes to become more automated over the next little while in order to facilitate us getting these releases out so rapidly.

And on that note...

Beta 6 Release - IDE v23.1.1.369 Runtime v23.1.1.340 (Aug 24, 2021)

Quite a lot of IDE fixes - lots for DPI and rendering, plus several hotkeys fixed throughout the IDE. Only the one runtime fix this time, and that's for the debugger on Ubuntu. Please see the release notes links for the full info:

https://gms.yoyogames.com/ReleaseNotes-NuBeta.html
https://gms.yoyogames.com/release-notes-runtime-NuBeta.html

Dan

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
23.1.1.366 very frequent startup failures (windows 7).

Log with a failure:
Code:
[15:35:43:159(2d18)] Using Windows 7 or earlier, Graphics Tablet Manager is active
We have actually just removed that legacy Windows 7 graphics tablet code in this new Beta - can you confirm your startup is much more reliable now, please?

Ricardo

Hehe, I had not seen the above post, but I coincidentally already sanitised the release notes earlier today ahead of the new release. However, as Russell says (and as you have no doubt realised anyway) Beta releases are nowadays far more frequent and smaller, so expect the Beta release notes to become more automated over the next little while in order to facilitate us getting these releases out so rapidly.

And on that note...

Beta 6 Release - IDE v23.1.1.369 Runtime v23.1.1.340 (Aug 24, 2021)

Quite a lot of IDE fixes - lots for DPI and rendering, plus several hotkeys fixed throughout the IDE. Only the one runtime fix this time, and that's for the debugger on Ubuntu. Please see the release notes links for the full info:

https://gms.yoyogames.com/ReleaseNotes-NuBeta.html
https://gms.yoyogames.com/release-notes-runtime-NuBeta.html
Hey Dan. In this build, the debugger isn't evaluating local variables again (ticket 186982).
Other than that it seems fine. I haven't encountered any other problem.

Stra

How come the IDE doesn't have a lines-of-code counter yet? That is such a simple feature, useful for tracking one's own coding progress while developing a project.

Status
Not open for further replies.