GMC Jam Discussion The Thoughtful GMC Jam 42

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evanski

Raccoon Lord
Forum Staff
Thanks for the theme Evan. I have lucky underwear on. A week worth of Ensure , denture cleaner and hemorrhoid cream. Taping Matlock so I don’t miss any episodes. Going to beat you chumps this time.
its Alice's theme
and im sure most people already know what it is

Micah_DS

its Alice's theme
and im sure most people already know what it is
In all seriousness, unlike pretty much all past jams where I had a gut feeling on a potential theme, I literally have no idea what the theme is this time around.
In all unseriousness, I'm still holding out for MECH ONESIES.

Bart

WiseBart
No need to guess anymore, the theme is known (and could've been sooner).
The clue that leads to it is right there in the video, displayed in the bottom-left corner at the exact moment the spaceship lands. Best played on YT at .25X speed.
(I'll keep it subtle, too 😉)

Great clue and theme reveal!

Ericbomb

No need to guess anymore, the theme is known (and could've been sooner).
The clue that leads to it is right there in the video, displayed in the bottom-left corner at the exact moment the spaceship lands. Best played on YT at .25X speed.
(I'll keep it subtle, too 😉)

Great clue and theme reveal!
I found the clue and have no idea what it means.

I am not a bright man it seems.

HayManMarc

Welp... I have an idea so I hope I can shoehorn the theme into it. I'm starting my planning (design doc) now and collecting some free-to-use sprites. But no worries! No coding until jam start!

I'm determined to have a FINISHED game this time! (I don't think I've ever completed an entry yet!) What's great is I'm on vacation, so I'll have at least 3 of the 4 days to devote!

I'm excited. I'm going to a theme park for the next 2 days (tomorrow, with 14yo daughter) so hopefully I won't be too tired when I get back! Lol!

Good luck everyone! Hope the theme works in your favor!

kburkhart84

Firehammer Games
I hope you guys are prepared....this is the first jam I'm going to do with pixel art! I haven't decided on a palette yet, if I'm going to try something like one of the Dawnbringers 16 or 32 color ones, or go more minimal and do something like Atari style or OG GB 4 colors, or even monotone. But in some fashion, I'm going all pixel art. I make no promises that things won't be ugly like my other entries, but they WILL be pixel art :)

Status
Not open for further replies.