• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Will there be any more Spine runtime updates?

B

BlueSlime

B

BlueSlime

ok well I just found out that you can revert to 2.1.08 in Spine settings.

But I would still like to know if maybe we can get an update to Spine runtime from yoyogames?

W

Wonamik

I wonder the same thing it would really be appreciated if we would be able to use all the new Spine features like using the same Mesh for multiple images.

R

Richard

We 'should' actually support 3.4, if you have an issue let us know here and provide your Spine file.

Edit.. We support functionality from 3.0 and also support normal Spine models imported from 3.4.. So for instance linked meshes from 3.1 will not work currently.

Last edited by a moderator:
B

BlueSlime

We 'should' actually support 3.4, if you have an issue let us know here and provide your Spine file.

Edit.. We support functionality from 3.0 and also support normal Spine models imported from 3.4.. So for instance linked meshes from 3.1 will not work currently.

Well, can that page be updated to say which is the highest version of Spine GM:S supports, please? 3.0?: http://help.yoyogames.com/hc/en-us/articles/216753748-SDK-Version-Support

Before I spend hours animating characters (spine doesn't have backwards compatibility) I want to know which is the highest Spine version I can use please, thanks :)

R

Richard

As I say, you can import models from 3.4 but we only allow functionality of 3.0.

There may be a few other things but this is what we don't support currently:
No pruning
No cubic splines
No shearing
None of the new CLI parameters
No linked meshes

We will be updating it as soon as we can. (We are very very very busy currently)

B

BlueSlime

Ok, thanks.

I updated to the Spine 3.4 launcher and did a test setting the runtime back to 2.1.08 and using GM:S 1.4.1757 and it seemed to work in my little test I did.

I only switched between two animations though I didn't try slots

edit: ok tested basic mesh anis and slot switching and they work too :)

Didjargo

After doing some experimentation, I am pretty sure that most spine animations from version 3.4 should import properly into GMS so long as they do not include meshes or paths. For instance, the export example "goblins.json" works fine but "goblins-mesh.json" does not.

L

lunatic labs

I also very much speak up for a update of the spine runtime.
Not being able to use even linked meshes is a big downer for me (actually I have to throw away a lot of work now because I was relying heavily on linked meshes)

I understand that you are very busy but I hope that you grant the spine runtime a higher priority as it seems to have at the moment (no update for 1.5 years sounds like a very very low prio to me)
That's why I added this post. To show you, that there are more people out there relying on spine and it's features - meaning that a runtime update is of high improtance to us.

rIKmAN

I also very much speak up for a update of the spine runtime.
Not being able to use even linked meshes is a big downer for me (actually I have to throw away a lot of work now because I was relying heavily on linked meshes)

I understand that you are very busy but I hope that you grant the spine runtime a higher priority as it seems to have at the moment (no update for 1.5 years sounds like a very very low prio to me)
That's why I added this post. To show you, that there are more people out there relying on spine and it's features - meaning that a runtime update is of high improtance to us.
Completely agree with everything you said, and would like to point you to this thread in which a member of YYG staff said that there is a big Spine update coming soon!

https://forum.yoyogames.com/index.php?threads/error-using-spine-meshes-and-weights.1161/#post-50985

L

lunatic labs

Oh that's a big releaf. Didn't notice that thread entry. Thanks for pointing me to that :)