GMC Forums Is there anyway to access the old GMS Forum archive ?

Heathenlamb

As per the topic ... Is there anyway to access the old GMS Forum archive ? I have followed a whole bunch of forum posts and google search results but they all seems to go to dead ends. One suggested it was searchable on the new forum home page but I cannot see a link for it anywhere. Is it still accessible at all ?

TIA.

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
No, that has been taken down. It is intentionally not accessible anymore. There have been attempts to upload mirrors of it to other sites, but these are neither legitimate nor guaranteed to be safe and will usually be swiftly taken down by YYG.

Heathenlamb

No, that has been taken down. It is intentionally not accessible anymore. There have been attempts to upload mirrors of it to other sites, but these are neither legitimate nor guaranteed to be safe and will usually be swiftly taken down by YYG.
Oh that is a massive bummer, there was some old posts I was trying to get info from. Why would it be intentional ? I would think it is still a helpful resource, particularly for people like my self who had a lot of posts on there.

Mr Magnus

Viking King
Oh that is a massive bummer, there was some old posts I was trying to get info from. Why would it be intentional ? I would think it is still a helpful resource, particularly for people like my self who had a lot of posts on there.
If you remember *roughly* when the post was created and don't mind slow loading times archive.org has snapshots of the old forum. I've found *most* of the posts I've searched for in the past by guessing when it was up and narrowing it from there.

Heathenlamb

If you remember *roughly* when the post was created and don't mind slow loading times archive.org has snapshots of the old forum. I've found *most* of the posts I've searched for in the past by guessing when it was up and narrowing it from there.
Oh fair .... I'll give that a go. Thanks.

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff

Heathenlamb

Yeah just found and read through that. Thanks for the link.

I have followed a whole bunch of forum posts and google search results but they all seems to go to dead ends.
If you remember *roughly* when the post was created and don't mind slow loading times archive.org has snapshots of the old forum.
If you have an actual link to the dead post then you can find it in the archive directly by just pasting that URL in.

EDIT: Wait I think I misunderstood you. I thought by 'dead ends', you meant links to the old GMC. But after reading it again I believe you mean the dead ends are relating to methods to access the old GMC as a whole.