• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows Just upgraded to 2.3.3.570 Windows A/V Win32/Contebrew.A!ml?

SBoA

Just ran through the update installer and Windows Anti Virus is complaining about finding Win32/Contebrew.A!ml? in AppData\Local\Temp\b1lxp5cd.pnm\remote\Igor.EXE

Not sure if this is jsut a/V being dumb, there being an issue with the installer or just coincidentally something else dumb going on.

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
Igor.exe is the asset compiler.

"Windows Anti Virus" is not the name of a reputable AV software that I'm aware of, so unless you mean Windows Defender, I can't really judge whether you have shady AV software, the AV software is throwing a false positive or something else entirely is going on.

SBoA

Igor.exe is the asset compiler.

"Windows Anti Virus" is not the name of a reputable AV software that I'm aware of, so unless you mean Windows Defender, I can't really judge whether you have shady AV software, the AV software is throwing a false positive or something else entirely is going on.
Yeah I meant windows defender.

SBoA

So Windows Defender removed the version it initially flagged that was in temp folder listed in the OP so I couldnt check it. The version GMS2 actually uses in ProgramData is clean. Super weird. Thanks for pointing me at that tool.