• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Game Maker Studio launch problems

Z

Zacky123

Hi there,

Ive bought Game Maker Studio and the Extensions from the Game Maker Bundle (Humble Bundle). I had Game Maker before on Steam and everything was fine. It only took some "not responding" messages (abbout 20 secs) to start.

After I bought it, I activated all the things on the website and made the new (not-steam) Game Maker Pro Edition with the extension to the "primary" one. I downloaded it from the Website and installed it. (GMStudio-Installer-1.4.1760.exe).

But when I start it, I dont even get the screen, where you can choose "play" or "create". After starting the window freezes and I get "not responding" forever...

I tried all things I could find like:
-updating eveything (virus program,windows)
-restarting
-reinstalling

But none of them helped...

Is that a known issue or what am I doing wrong?
(Also sry for bad English, Im German :)) )

Best regards,
Zacky

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

41nd

But when I start it, I dont even get the screen, where you can choose "play" or "create". After starting the window freezes and I get "not responding" forever...
With the non-steam version you get right into the Create stuff. Do you run some ad-blocking stuff? I believe YYG are using Google Analytics to track who is using their software, for me two windows pop that warn me about GA connections (i run a very careful tuned ad blocking).

Z

Zacky123

With the non-steam version you get right into the Create stuff. Do you run some ad-blocking stuff? I believe YYG are using Google Analytics to track who is using their software, for me two windows pop that warn me about GA connections (i run a very careful tuned ad blocking).
Wasnt sure about the "play" and "create" thing. Its like these options dont even appear... I run "AdBlock" as a Chrome extension. But even if I disable it, GMS doesnt work...