Asset - Project GGL (GML GUI LIbrary)

Ced30

GGL, a simple GUI library for gamemaker studio v2.23:

Description:

GGL
is a graphical user interface library for Game Maker Studio 2, it supports Game Maker Studio2 versions 2.3 and above.

It's made with ease of use in mind, mainly to quickly build GUI for your games and tools, the GUI elements are composed of gameObjects (parents) and structs (children).

Most of the work can be done by dragging GGL elements into a room and tweaking their variables on the variables panel, and it comes with an extensive documentation containing the API and illustrated tutorials.

What the package contains:

• 1 Controller object
  • 1 Event_manager object
  • a collection of parent_GGL elements
  • a collection of GGL_sub elements
  • a collection of prefab_GGL elements
  • a collection of factory scripts
  • a collection of wrapper scripts
  • a collection of helper scripts
  • a collection of sprites
  • a collection of sounds
  • a tweening controller
  • an implementation of Vector2, Vector3 (incomplete) and Rectangle classes
  • 11 demo rooms

Features of the Controller object:

• Instance destruction
  • Keeps track of which button is currently selected
  • Mouse input variables
  • Z-order

Features of the Event_Manager object:

• Handles the events that you can fire or register to (greatly simplifies elements interaction)

You CAN use GGL in any of your projects, commercial or not, you CANNOT redistribute it, not by itself nor as part of a project you want to distribute.

Buy it or try the demo on Itch.io

Nikxx

Great work, best UI for GM,
in the example I found a small problem: in the list if there are many elements when you try to delete some of them it does not delete the selected one.

Ced30

Great work, best UI for GM,
in the example I found a small problem: in the list if there are many elements when you try to delete some of them it does not delete the selected one.
Hi, thanks for trying the demo!
If you're refering to the last entry once you deleted all the other ones, it's a design choice to leave 1 entry in the list (because you can edit it instead of making a new one), i could make the change to allow deleting all of them instead, if it does make more sense to you as a user.
If you encountered another problem deleting names from the list, i couldn't replicate the problem, could you elaborate please? :)

Nikxx

Hi,
version ggl v1.0.5
Demo room: prefabs and Event manager
window "files"
add "+": ”file_4", "file_5”,......"file_10"
select first name of the list
sub "-“ or arrow: does not delete or move the selection but others

Ced30

Hi,
version ggl v1.0.5
Demo room: prefabs and Event manager
window "files"
add "+": ”file_4", "file_5”,......"file_10"
select first name of the list
sub "-“ or arrow: does not delete or move the selection but others
Thank you for pointing that out!
The bug has been fixed, along with a few others, and GGL version 1.0.6 has been deployed (the demo has been updated too) :)

Ced30

Sorry guys, i haven't received notifications about comments being posted lately, by the way, if you're using GGL, you're more than welcome to post links or screenshots of your work here, let me see what it looks like :)