klonoa directional view

phillipPbor

everyone don't know about klonoa.
Klonoa is described within the games and manga as a "Dream Traveler", who is fated to travel to various places where the state of dreams is in danger, but he himself isn't aware of that. His traditional voice actor is Kumiko Watanabe, though he is voiced by Eric Stitt in the English version of the remake of the first game. He has Namco's mascot Pac-Man on the side of his blue hat. Wanting to be a hero, he is young and good-hearted, and is willing to go against all odds to make sure justice is served. He is easily able to befriend characters along the way who support his cause. His attitude is innocent and even a bit naive, as shown in Klonoa 2.

as for the game, the first game was this,
Klonoa: Door to Phantomile is a side-scrolling platform game viewed from a "2.5D" perspective. The player moves the protagonist, Klonoa, along a path in a two-dimensional fashion, but the game is rendered in three dimensions. This allows the path followed to curve and for the player to interact with objects outside of the path. The game is divided into levels called "Visions", where the player progresses by following a path with defeatable computer-controlled enemies and puzzles that must be solved. At the end of some levels, the player must defeat a boss - a powerful enemy.

The player defeats enemies by utilizing Klonoa's weapon, the "Wind Bullet", a ring that fires a burst of wind. If the wind hits an enemy, Klonoa lifts the enemy above his head. From this position, he can throw the enemy into other enemies or targets, or bounce off it to simultaneously reach higher locations and attack enemies from above. If the player holds the jump button, Klonoa floats in mid-air for a short duration, which increases the jump length. Environmental factors such as small, localized tornadoes and springboards launch Klonoa up or forward, allowing the player to overcome obstacles. In the Wii version, players can shake the Wii Remote for a 'Whirlwind' ability which can stun enemies.

I was making a 2.5D like game that. with klonoa view mechanics because it turns the view if player gets to edge. unlike super paper Mario. we need to make a world like a map, and blocks that float up and down in Z axes. player can jump with gravity in Z axes. but how can we make one?

RangerX

To make 2.5D game you need to know how to do a 3D game. Because that style Klonoa did put on the map in the PS1 times is basically 3D + camera and movement restrictions.
Its a long way if you are starting with game devellopment. I would advise against tackling this as a beginner if ever you are.

phillipPbor

To make 2.5D game you need to know how to do a 3D game. Because that style Klonoa did put on the map in the PS1 times is basically 3D + camera and movement restrictions.
Its a long way if you are starting with game devellopment. I would advise against tackling this as a beginner if ever you are.
have you ever heard of slayer641?
he is a former game maker who created this game
"Mega block man 2" remember? no? what are your thought's?

RangerX

Well, this is a 3D game yeah. You CAN make 3D games with GameMaker Studio no problem. Am just saying making a 3D game is no beginner stuff that's all.

phillipPbor

I am not knowledgeable about making 3D games sorry.
Try google if nobody responds here.
I tried googling it but no luck, but guess what? I heard that slayer 64 or rubberrabbit64 are the once who made XYZ platform stuff so I think they would know.