Distribution Should I ALSO export for steam and html5?

Mool

After the success of my game for android and now also iOS I am thinking about releasing my game also for Steam and HTML5.?

I have following questions:

• Is HTML5 performance good enough, since I noticed performance has a huge impact on rating (android phones are worse than IPhones and rating difference is 4.1/5 for android and 4.7/5 for iOS)?
  • Is my game "big" enough for Steam? (i want to sell it for 5€ OR can I add ads to a free steam game? Is it a good practice for for pc games???)

Here some videos of the game as answer help: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjFAqFIEdZ2vXiZ-GnZ6Y5Q

Thanks!

Is HTML5 performance good enough, since I noticed performance has a huge impact on rating (android phones are worse than IPhones and rating difference is 4.1/5 for android and 4.7/5 for iOS)?
Try it out, the web export trial is free at the moment because of the Amaze Me Jam.

Is my game "big" enough for Steam?
Even if 90% of your target audience complain your game is a mobile port, but the other 10% go onto purchase, does it really matter? As long as the game is ported properly and you make more sales than the steam publishing fee, what do you have to lose?

nebkid

Does your game have achievements? and a leaderboard? I feel that if you incorparate these two factors if they dont exsist yet then this game will be a good candidate for steam 5€ would seem resonable. the game looks solid but if you had that competitive edge to it then ppl would grab it.

Is it a NOGO to release a game not fullscreen?
Well ultimately it's up to you, but it may become your number 1 requested feature if you cannot resize the window, especially from those with large high res screens. It could also fuel the "bad mobile port" fire

Mool

Yeah I will implement fullscreen. Thanks. Windows export seems very stable right now. And with less aditional work - compared to ther platforms -