• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

SOLVED [Spine] draw_self works but not draw_sprite(sprite_index,image_index,x,y)

patchuby

Hello,

I'm using Gamemaker 2.3.2.426.
I have trouble with drawing the spine sprite. Before I used skeleton functions to draw sprite but now I need to mix animations so I need to fix this problem.
The sprite draws fine using draw_self() but when using anything else (even simply draw_sprite(sprite_index,image_index,x,y which you theoretically do the same) , the sprite is invisible except for a little shadow at the bottom of the characters feet.
I'm using a placeholder spine asset that was done in a previous version of Spine from the one I used to export the json and atlas files. Could that cause this problem ?

I would be happy for any pointers. Thanks !

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
I'm using a placeholder spine asset that was done in a previous version of Spine from the one I used to export the json and atlas files. Could that cause this problem ?
Yes. Before exploring any further options, I'd definitely update everything to the current recommended version ( Spine runtime 3.7 ) and export the sprite again.

patchuby

Yes updated it works now.
Though I do still observe some strange behaviour when using draw_self() twice, though that's another matter !